Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXI Veteran coming aboard ! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: FFXI Veteran coming aboard ! (/showthread.php?tid=6000)

FFXI Veteran coming aboard ! - LPMalakye - 01-01-2014

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and get acquainted with the community here.

I am an avid FFXI fan...you might call me a "fanboy" In my eyes it  was one of the best experiences I have ever had in an MMO including the difficulty and stressful parts of the game...but what I miss most is the attachment that came with the game, getting to know others and yourself through the character (ITS NOT A TOON)...

I hope to get that back with XIV, as of right now I just started playing so I am not set in my character or what server I wish to reside in but if anyone would be as so kind to accept me into their shell I would do my best to be a good asset to the guild (I usually main healer) ^_^ Also a roleplaying server wouldnt be bad if anyone could point me in the right direction...

With that said I take my leave for now...

RE: FFXI Veteran coming aboard ! - Lost River - 01-01-2014

Welcome to the RP forums! Here's some milk and cookies! *hands both items*

As for your toon reference, only toons I've seen were in ToonTown and that don't exist anymore.

RE: FFXI Veteran coming aboard ! - Asgarn - 01-01-2014

Oh my god, I miss ToonTown. My childhood (and early to mid teen years... Ahem)!

Also, welcome, fellow veteran! There are two "un-official RP servers" on FFXIV, both based on the North American server list. Their names are Balmung and Gilgamesh, so choose whichever takes your fancy. Though, I hear Gilgamesh smells... Tongue Love yah really, Gilgies!

Welcome to the community and I hope you enjoy your time in-game!

RE: FFXI Veteran coming aboard ! - Kendha'to - 01-01-2014

Hey there. I had some good times in FFXI, but I keep finding it increasingly hard to go back to. I miss some of the more technical aspects (like skillchains), the way summons were handled compared to here (bleh, "Egi"), and the sheer variety of jobs. Especially Ninja and Red Mage. We be needin' those, stat!

Anyway! I'm a new face too, but welcome, Mr. Goblin Avatar Guy. For your amusement, here's a dancing moogle: Moogle

RE: FFXI Veteran coming aboard ! - Talathar Khalynn - 01-01-2014

Welcome Mistaru Gobbie-san!

As others have said, the two unofficial RP servers are Balmung and Gilgamesh. Both servers have strong/growing RP communities, and I think it's fair to say you could probably find a happy home on either one. Balmung is one of the Legacy servers, while Gilgamesh is one of the "new" servers that started up with the relaunch, but new roleplayers are welcome to either one.

To start, you can check out the Linkshell Hall for a listing of Linkshells and Free Companies that have registered with the Role Players Coalition group. There are also Player Directories for both Balmung and Gilgamesh.

I know that on Gilgamesh, we have a Coalition OOC LS. Several folks who post here have invite powers, or know someone who can extend an invitation. I'm pretty sure they have something similar on Balmung, but you would need to confirm that with an actual Balmungian resident.

There's also a wiki of character profiles and descriptions, if you feel like finding out more about particular characters you encounter once you start playing.

Where ever ya go, and whichever ya choose, welcome to the group! Have fun out there!

Oh, and ...

(01-01-2014, 11:19 AM)Asgarn Wrote: Though, I hear Gilgamesh smells... Tongue Love yah really, Gilgies!

Hey! We smells like goodness and cuteness and moogles and all good things! ...except, maybe, parts of Limsa, which probably smells like any port town housing former pirates - old booze and dead fishies and really bad hangover breath. But you guys have a Limsa too, so -bleh-! Wink