Hydaelyn Role-Players
Family Meeting - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Family Meeting (/showthread.php?tid=6040)

Family Meeting - Silvaire - 01-03-2014

(This is just something I am working on. I will add more and update as I get the chance.)

The letter said, "Meet me at The Quicksand, Crow." She reads it one more time before entering the building. The Quicksand is almost empty when she gets there. It doesn't take long for her to find the sender of the letter.

A large Roagadyn, sitting at one of the tables, raises his hand high and waves to her. "Hey!" His voice echoes through the establishment. He motions for her to join him.

Just as she gets to the table he pushes a chair out with his foot. Have a seat...Spiraling Crow." His voice takes on a mocking tone as he says her name.

She half heartedly bows and replies, "Why thank you...Crooked Scythe." Mocking him in return with every word and motion.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He chuckles. "How have you been, Geyssthota?"

Hearing him call her that reminds her of family. Her brothers, her sister, her parents. She hasn't seen most of them in so long, except the brother before her and a sister that she believes is in Limsa Lominsa. "That's better." Spraling Crow, the name she uses now. She decided to use a different name like Kroemansa, also known as Crooked Scythe, advised her to do when she arrived in Ul'dah. Only, hers isn't a direct translation of her true name. "How about you? A great armorer yet?"

"Ha! Wouldn't that be nice." He shakes his head while he cuts another piece from the steak on his plate and shovels it in his mouth. "Sit. Talk." The words barely made it out past the food in his mouth.

Spiraling Crow drops into the chair. "What should we talk about?" She leans forward and steals a chunk of meat from his plate.

He points at her with his knife. "Get your own." A smile on his lips. "So, how did that meeting go with that group of people you won't tell me anything about?" The smile fades.

"All serious now? Big brother needs to keep little sister safe?" There's no hiding the annoyance she feels.

"Don't be like that. You tell me nothing. Just that you're meeting with some sort of group or company. We both know that if you're interested in them then there's a very good possibility that they're not...How can I word this...Righteous saviors of the people?" He sets the knife and fork down before resting his back against his chair. "Do you trust them?"

"I do. I mean..." Trust? Does anyone ever really trust anyone? "They trusted me with what they are so I guess I can trust them with what I am."

He raises an eyebrow. "What you are? You'd tell them everything?"

"Of course!" She perks up in her chair and puts her hands up as if to fight something. "That I'm a big tough Lohengarde with two older brothers and an older sister." The words make her chuckle as they come out.

Crooked Scythe crosses his arms. "So then you'd leave out the fact that you're...different?"

"Special!" She shoots right back at him.

"A lunatic..." He replies quickly. "Geyssthota, I...I'm." His large hand reaches across the table to take hers. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything."

She grips his hand tightly. "I'm not crazy." Her eyes are locked on his. "Please let's not talk about this now."

"You don't think they'll notice when you have one of your moments?" He holds her one hand in both of his now. "It's understandable. You were almost..."

"Killed? Yes I know, I was there." She yanks her hand out of his. "And you were so scared and you didn't know if I was going to make it and if Wyrnbryda hadn't...." Her stare breaks it's lock on Crooked Scythe as she realizes he's only looking out for her. "If Wyrnbryda hadn't shown up when she did...I may or may not be here..."