Hydaelyn Role-Players
Art Sandwich, Hold the Humility - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Art Sandwich, Hold the Humility (/showthread.php?tid=6052)

Art Sandwich, Hold the Humility - Edgar - 01-04-2014

Oh god, here we go.

Okay, I draw. Or more precisely, I drew. My last drawings were made in 2010.

Since then, I've been on a 4 year hiatus, mostly due to self-esteem issues, a particularly devastating breakup, and just general lack of inspiration. It's beyond an art-block. It's like my hands just don't want to pick up the pencil anymore.

I hope to change that. Until then, though, here are some of my drawings from across the years, and only those I consider my personal best. It has been painfully pointed out to me that my proportions, perspective, and anatomy need some work, so when it gets bad, it gets bad. One fellow who shall remain anonymous, even had the gall to call it "dA-quality art", as if to say that my art typifies most of the galleries on that site...Which I consider to be a cruel statement, keeping in mind what dA is infamous for.

Also, I like to elaborate on the backstory behind characters, because for me, story is everything, so I  included some lore tidbits with the pictures.

Alright, on with the show.

Alexandre
Show Content

Zoloid
Show Content

Eye of the Blind
Show Content

RE: Art Sandwich, Hold the Humility - Dyani - 01-04-2014

I like it Big Grin 

Alexandre is indeed the cutest insult to Mother Nature. He is so adorbs xD 

Don't let the art block stop you! Keep going! You have some good talent! I'd love to see more from you. :3

RE: Art Sandwich, Hold the Humility - Tla - 01-04-2014

I like it like it like it! Seriously. 
I understand the block, I hardly ever draw anymore, but you should really go on, or at least I hope you do because you have something there.
And the persons who draw with pencil nowadays are damn rare, I myself can't use anything else though, it has all a special feeling.

RE: Art Sandwich, Hold the Humility - Hyakki - 01-04-2014

I know the feeling, I haven't bothered much to draw over the past few years myself. I scribble every now and then but its nothing special. I hope you can find the motivation to get back into it!

I think you have a knack for drawing monsters. Also, hands are supposed to be one of the hardest things to draw but you seem to do just fine.

RE: Art Sandwich, Hold the Humility - Edgar - 01-04-2014

Hands were easy to get the hang of, though mine could still be a little more smooth.

Where I seem to have the most trouble is the frame of the human body...

...Specifically female bodies.

THEY DEFY ME.

RE: Art Sandwich, Hold the Humility - Dyani - 01-05-2014

Hehehe XD 

Weirdly enough, I had the opposite problem for a long time and still a little bit. I find it so hard to draw dudes sometimes xD

Lol how do I dude

RE: Art Sandwich, Hold the Humility - Tla - 01-05-2014

I find males harder, like Lyrielle, but I think that's mostly due to lack of habit...or dunno. I also find human figure much harder anything else animals in general, I've always been more for other animals Tongue