Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Ravij's Goods and Farming Services - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Ravij's Goods and Farming Services (/showthread.php?tid=6092)

[Balmung] Ravij's Goods and Farming Services - Loki - 01-09-2014

There is nothing more that I love to do in a game than to farm. In games I've played in the past I have offered this similar service and now I bring it to FFXIV! So now I'm willing to offer my services to Role Players of Balmung in order to start collecting gil to save for not one, but two player houses. 

The first is a small lot on the beachfront of The Mists where; once player housing comes out, my storefront will be located.
[Image: 2d4k.png]

The second will be a large lot in Lavender Beds and will be the D'avont family estate owned by Javou Kavriel D'avont; Eorzeas Most Eligible Bachelor. It'll be a site of many parties and many gatherings and get togethers!
[Image: nh4h.png]

Now onto the goods!
There is nothing I can't gather! I can gather it all whether it be from fishing, botany, mining, and even killing x amount of mobs to get you what you need!

In regards to types of services; there are two types:
The Farm X Amount of Item.
And 
The Farm for X Amount of Time.

For Farm X Amount of Item I generally try to match Auction House prices if not lower. Items from Mining and Botany can be placed on Rush Order so long as it's not from an unspoiled node.

For Farm for X Amount of Time the rates will vary depending on the item and from where it drops. 
 Example: Snurble Tufts will be 15,000 Gil an hour.
For a timed Farm; you will acquire all that I gain in that x amount of time. During these farming grinds I will generally break for 2-5 minutes every 30 minutes as I do this non-stop at times. When I get in the farming zone I get hooked!

I also have a 50 Weaver and a 50 Alchemist that can also be paid to make things.

This initial post is to gauge how much interest I can garner with this service and depending on the interest I'll start writing up base prices for some of the most sought after items!

Thank you for your time!

P.S. If the buyer wishes the transaction can be role played!

RE: [Balmung] Ravij's Goods and Farming Services - Loki - 01-09-2014

Well it's a little disheartening that two people would disagree with this and not offer an explanation as to why they don't think this is a good idea.

While I am an artist; I am not confident enough to run commissions like some of the artists on this site so therefore I must look to another alternative; that I love doing, to get some form of gil to afford what I can.

RE: [Balmung] Ravij's Goods and Farming Services - LiadansWhisper - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 07:03 PM)Ravij Wrote: Well it's a little disheartening that two people would disagree with this and not offer an explanation as to why they don't think this is a good idea.

While I am an artist; I am not confident enough to run commissions like some of the artists on this site so therefore I must look to another alternative; that I love doing, to get some form of gil to afford what I can.

That isn't what the poll asks.  The poll asks if people would be interested.  For instance, I wouldn't be interested because I do my own farming.  That doesn't mean that I don't think your idea is good.

RE: [Balmung] Ravij's Goods and Farming Services - Tla - 01-09-2014

I voted no and the same as Liadans applies. Not against it, just have no use for it myself ^^

RE: [Balmung] Ravij's Goods and Farming Services - Evie - 01-09-2014

The poll didn't indicate that you wanted to know if this would or would not work. I assumed it was more of a would you or would you not use my services type of thing. I voted no as well as I farm my own supplies. Most because I too am trying to save up for FC and personal housing. Every little bit helps. And based on the Housing thread many other people are trying to do the same. So not sure how much interest you'll get at the moment. And also isn't this kind of what the market board is for?

Half the time I forget what I type in my poll boxes. Thought I did put an indication to explain a reasoning; but clearly did not.

Anyway; I suppose this thread can be ignored now seeing as it's not gaining as much interest as I'd hoped.

(01-09-2014, 07:23 PM)Evie Wrote: So not sure how much interest you'll get at the moment. And also isn't this kind of what the market board is for?

In previous games I played; people liked to Roleplay it as if my character was a goods vendor/merchant/supplier and often heavily supported more interactions like this to be carried out. I even had a few people pay more for a certain good because it brought a sense of lively-ness to the game.