Hydaelyn Role-Players
Shy Newbie ^///^ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Shy Newbie ^///^ (/showthread.php?tid=6096)

Shy Newbie ^///^ - tempestwakener - 01-10-2014

Hello everyone. A friend recommended that I join this site, and it looks wonderful, so I thought I'd introduce myself Big Grin

I'm not sure how to go about this, so I'll just say that I've been playing the Final Fantasy series most of my life, though my favorite is still Nine, as it was my introduction. Vivi is my all time favorite character, and if given the option, I'd pull him out of the t.v. screen and cuddle him to pieces. Although I'm not new to roleplaying, as I've been playing D&D since I was a kid and have done several forum rps, I've never roleplayed in an MMO before. I'm very eager to get into it, but not really certain how to get started. I have more than one character, though I'm mainly on the Balmung server. I'm open to just about any rp style, as I haven't figured out where I'm most comfortable yet, though I'm not much good at playing evil roles. I come across as more silly and impish than anything else XP

I'm excited to meet new people and make a few friends, so if you happen to have any free time on your hands and don't mind showing a newbie the ropes, I'm a little shy but ready to talk to anyone Blush

RE: Shy Newbie ^///^ - Evie - 01-10-2014

Hi! Welcome to the RPC! So glad that you decided to join us and don't worry MOST of us don't bite. Smile If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

RE: Shy Newbie ^///^ - Whittledown - 01-10-2014

Welcome to the RPC!  The people here are very cool and welcoming so I'm sure you'll have people to play with in no time!

RE: Shy Newbie ^///^ - Dyani - 01-10-2014

Welcome welcome!

Good to have you, you seem super nice! Don't worry too much about being new to MMOs, a lot of the people on here are very helpful with that sort of thing. 

Don't be shy, we don't bite!

Well, most of us. Most of us don't bite! Big Grin some gnaw on you, but that's okay!

RE: Shy Newbie ^///^ - Asgarn - 01-10-2014

*Glomps the newbies head*

Howdy, Tempest! Welcome to the RPC! Moogle
You'll find plenty of people around in-game and on here to help you find your roleplaying style, so don't worry about it. Of course, if you're anxious about approaching people in-game with no prior warning (goodness knows I am), you can always arrange RP on these forums! We're all friendly and will do our best to help you integrate.

Welcome again, I hope you enjoy your stay!

RE: Shy Newbie ^///^ - tempestwakener - 01-11-2014

Thank you all so much! It's wonderful to know that there are such nice people to look forward to chatting and rping with ^_^

I'll admit that I'm very hesitant to just walk up to random people in game, at least until I get a little bit more comfortable doing this. I don't suppose there's some "newbie's training camp" or something of that nature? I know that I'll be all right once I get into the flow of things, but I always feel more comfortable getting started with someone who has a little more experience...and patience Tongue

RE: Shy Newbie ^///^ - tempestwakener - 01-11-2014

Oh, and before I forget...::finds Asgarn and returns glomp, though has to do it around his middle as newbie is rather short:: Laugh

RE: Shy Newbie ^///^ - Roen - 01-11-2014

Welcome to RPC!

I know there is an RP Mentorship list on this same folder.  *points up*

I don't know how up to date or active the volunteers are on that list, but maybe if you want some kind of guidance one on one, it might be a good place to start.  I would start with a PM maybe.

Although from my own experience, people in Balmung are very welcoming to new players, so if you walk about and see some roleplay, just try sending them a /tell and see if you can get involved!