Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club (/showthread.php?tid=6135)

Pages: 1 2

[Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - C'kayah Polaali - 01-15-2014

[Image: Nald%27thal_Icon.png]

Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club is a small organization devoted to the discovery, development and exploitation of business opportunities both within Ul'dah and across the world. It has no public clubhouse, instead holding meetings in the Laughing Lady tavern.

Characters with any connections to the Ul'dahn underworld may have heard rumors about the club. It is commonly known by those with connections that the club has associations with the Ul'dahn criminal underworld. Less commonly heard is that the club itself is a front for an up and coming criminal organization. Least commonly heard is that the club is run by a miqo'te outcast, a Tia who employs only female miqo'te, as a perverse mockery of a traditional Seeker breeding group.

Here's the way it works. If you need some villain for your RP arc, contact us and we'll provide it. We'll help work out IC reasons why the NHSC would be involved, and provide you with short- or long-term foils for your characters to struggle against.

There are currently 9 of us in the NHSC. Not everyone in the NHSC is willing to participate in any kind of RP, but there are enough dark RP enthusiasts to support anything you might want to do. We're all on board with the idea that, as foils and supporting actors in other people's stories, we aren't necessarily going to succeed at what we do. For the most part, we expect to lose - though we often will lose very stylishly! We can also put you in contact with a group of players portraying Sultansworn/Immortal Flame officers, for the law-and-order side of the equation.

If you're interested in including the NHSC in your RP, either post here or get ahold of me or Emelie Annel. We operate out of the Laughing Lady ICly, so we may also be contacted in that linkshell.

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - Maqali Qulaan - 01-15-2014

I just want to pipe in to say C'kayah and Emelie are good peoples. Definitely take them up on the offer of evils if you need evils Tongue

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - Roen - 01-15-2014

Thumbsup

A big thumbs up on this!  

I think it is a WONDERFUL THING to have a player run organization that are connected with the criminal element, comprised of players willing to take part in development of other people's stories! 

I will probably send you a PM with some stuff.  Big Grin

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - Faye - 01-15-2014

Awesome, some bad guys at last! Big Grin I'm afraid I don't have any need for a villain at the moment, but I do have a nefarious Miqo'te lady who could likely fit in if you need more people.

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - C'kayah Polaali - 01-15-2014

(01-15-2014, 07:20 PM)Faye Wrote: Awesome, some bad guys at last! Big Grin I'm afraid I don't have any need for a villain at the moment, but I do have a nefarious Miqo'te lady who could likely fit in if you need more people.
Yay! Send her our way!

By the way, I just want to point out that the rumor about the NHSC only employing female miqo'tes is (as of recently) untrue. It's mainly there to establish flavor. Angel

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - LandStander - 01-17-2014

So you finally got it all up and running. They grow up so fast Cry

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - Erik Mynhier - 01-17-2014

I wish I could take advantage of this, but alas I'm to Lawful to join, but to friendly to the group to fight against. Glad to see you finally got it off the ground. Eorzea's own Guild of Calamitous Intent. Find you an Arch!

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - Knight Kat - 01-17-2014

Such a great idea! I will keep your group in mind if I ever need a villain, or ever become one! Evil

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - No Longer Exists - 01-17-2014

I'm currently working on a dark themed character concept or two to give me something else to do when being lawful awesome gets stale.Cool I'll get in touch when I finalize something. Currently swaying between a Hyur and a mean ole miqo, the Hyur might make more sense for a social club, but the more I think about a mean miqo who plays manservant, the more entertaining that sounds. *rubs chin*

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-17-2014

The sultanate is cozying up a special cell for you and yours C'kayah. 
On a related note, if you are interested in being a foil for this group, and others, let me know. I really like the roleplay style of C'kayah and friends, however you can't have good villians without heroes (of a sort...) on their backs. Feel free to PM me if you are interested, and you don't need to be officially any sort of law enforcement IC. N

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - Sophia_Grave - 01-17-2014

Woo!

V'teelah is happy to have a home at NHSC!

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - Caelia - 01-21-2014

Quote:By the way, I just want to point out that the rumor about the NHSC only employing female miqo'tes is (as of recently) untrue. It's mainly there to establish flavor. [Image: angel.gif]

I'll chime in as the (so far) only non-miqo'te female in this group: 

I'm happy to have joined this group and excited I get to do something morally grey in Eorzea.  Everyone is very nice and welcoming so far and they've been great fun to rp with.

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - C'kayah Polaali - 01-21-2014

(01-21-2014, 12:51 AM)Caelia Wrote:
Quote:By the way, I just want to point out that the rumor about the NHSC only employing female miqo'tes is (as of recently) untrue. It's mainly there to establish flavor. [Image: angel.gif]

I'll chime in as the (so far) only non-miqo'te female in this group: 

I'm happy to have joined this group and excited I get to do something morally grey in Eorzea.  Everyone is very nice and welcoming so far and they've been great fun to rp with.
Oh, your clip-on ears and tail have arrived, Caelia...

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - C'kayah Polaali - 01-30-2014

Updated: We now have 9 members! We can also put you in contact with a group of players portraying Sultansworn/Immortal Flame officers, for the law-and-order side of the equation.

RE: [Balmung] Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club - Mijisaa Qisaa - 02-01-2014

This is so fabulous! Mijisaa would love to have some connections with you all.  She's a local syndicate leader (more yakuza than Sicilian) who would definitely have heard of this group.  If you're looking for two Lawful Evil Lalafell contacts in the underworld (Miji has a male partner too), we'd totally be up for it.

PS -- I think C'kayah knows Miji's apprentice, Surilian/Liana Blu. Big Grin