Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello there! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello there! (/showthread.php?tid=6182)

Hello there! - Elros - 01-21-2014

Hello everyone! Not necessarily new to FFXIV (been playing on and off since 1.0) but definitely new to the FFXIV RPcommunity. Currently playing on Balmung, and finally mustering up the courage to immerse myself in RP for this game!

--MMORPG background
My MMORPG background isn’t as extensive as others on here (Ilike choosing one game and sticking to it). That being said I have played GW2 and of course WoW since the BC days, I’ve dabbled a little into SWTOR, but the graphics really put me off, and like I said above I’ve played FFXIV back in the 1.0 days, but that was only a couple of months before they shut the servers down so I couldn’t very well integrate myself into the community as I would have liked

--RP experience
Been RPing for about five years now I think, almostexclusively on WoW

--Character ideas/info
Elros Ama’yeth is a 20 year old Hyur/Miqo’te mix, the resultof a drunken assault on a Miqo’te dancer. Elros was born on the 1st sun of the 6th umbral moon. Growing up Elros had a difficult childhood because of his mixed lineage, not being able to identify with either of his cultures left him with a feeling of loneliness and undesirability which in turn caused him to lash out to those close to him; mainly his mother. These unresolved issues manifested themselves in his adulthood as borderline personality disorder (he’s not crazy for those who don’t know what BPD is), random bouts of melancholia, and slight social anxiety. Those that meet Elros generally don’t have a clue to his dysphoria, as he attempts to present himself as a confident, cheerful, wise cracking, and somewhat vain man. At age 15 after an argument with his mother over his sexuality Elros chose to leave the hot sands of Thanalan that he loathed, and move to the more picturesque forests of the Black Shroud where he worked odd jobs in order to get by. At the age of 18 the lack of money was so severe it led Elros to take up his bow and join a band of mercenaries. Albeit this arrangement didn’t last long, the abuse he faced by the other members, and the encroachment of imperial soldiers in the Twelveswood fueled Elros to leave the gang and offer his services to the city-state of Gridania. Elros would eventually participate in the Battle of Carteneau at age 20 and be one of the many adventures sent forward in time by Louisoix’s magicks; although he has no recollection of this, his lastmemory being of a chigoe population threat he was tasked to curb. ((A couple of loose ends I need to tie up but that’s the general gist of it))

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Google is probably one of the greatest inventions to humankind

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light,medium, or heavy?
Somewhere between medium and heavy

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?(Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Currently an international relations student, who’s prettymuch obsessed with politics and how the world works

RE: Hello there! - Knight Kat - 01-23-2014

Welcome to the site!

Interesting character you have there. I haven't thought about how Kiht would react to a Miqo'te-Hyur half-breed. Now I have to think about that considerably since you'll be running around in-game! But, if you see me in-game, feel free to send me a tell. We can either RP or set something up. At the very least, I would add you to my contacts.

Otherwise, happy hunting!

RE: Hello there! - Roen - 01-23-2014

Welcome to RPC and to Balmung!

Wow! Playing a character with Borderline Personality Disorder.  That can be a bit challenging.  What made you decide to go that specific route?  

You don't have to answer that though, I was just curious! Smile

RE: Hello there! - Rinh Hallani - 01-23-2014

Sounds like an interesting character you have there. Welcome to the RPC and hope you enjoy Balmung! ^^

RE: Hello there! - Elros - 01-23-2014

(01-23-2014, 04:36 AM)Knight Kat Wrote: Welcome to the site!

Interesting character you have there. I haven't thought about how Kiht would react to a Miqo'te-Hyur half-breed. Now I have to think about that considerably since you'll be running around in-game! But, if you see me in-game, feel free to send me a tell. We can either RP or set something up. At the very least, I would add you to my contacts.

Why not both! Tongue and I'm happy to RP anytime, I've been in dire need of it!

(01-23-2014, 12:26 PM)Brynn Wrote: Welcome to RPC and to Balmung!

Wow! Playing a character with Borderline Personality Disorder.  That can be a bit challenging.  What made you decide to go that specific route?  

You don't have to answer that though, I was just curious! Smile

To be entirely honest, I always shape my characters (at least in the beginning) after myself, I find it easier to RP something you know about, that being said back when I was younger and going through things I remember thinking that I may have BPD (fortunately I don't) and well that's pretty much it haha. 

(01-23-2014, 04:38 PM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: Sounds like an interesting character you have there. Welcome to the RPC and hope you enjoy Balmung! ^^

Thank you! I'm happy to be here!

RE: Hello there! - Erik Mynhier - 01-23-2014

My daughter's character is Highlander/Keeper. She has already tracked you down I think.

I've been told she will be hunting you down too, to see if she likes how you react. Laugh

RE: Hello there! - Elros - 01-23-2014

(01-23-2014, 06:38 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: My daughter's character is Highlander/Keeper. She has already tracked you down I think.

She definitely did! We set up to have a little RP sesh later tonight!

(01-23-2014, 06:42 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

I've been told she will be hunting you down too, to see if she likes how you react. Laugh

Oh noes!!! Better put on my RP face Cool

Awww thats cuuuute. She's like 5 or 6 IRL right? I'm impressed she can type and play the game. She can hunt me down anytime she likes Smile

(01-23-2014, 07:13 PM)Knight Kat Wrote:

Awww thats cuuuute. She's like 5 or 6 IRL right? I'm impressed she can type and play the game. She can hunt me down anytime she likes Smile

No, the character was created by my young one but is played by a girl who is much older. The young one lost interest so the older girl took it and ran with it. She's in her late teens and is kin to us irl. She liked the character and the rp and asked if she could have it so my daughter told her yes. She started playing it monday if anyone noticed a difference.

Quote:No, the character was created by my young one but is played by a girl who is much older. The young one lost interest so the older girl took it and ran with it. She's in her late teens and is kin to us irl. She liked the character and the rp and asked if she could have it so my daughter told her yes. She started playing it monday if anyone noticed a difference.

Ohhhhhh, well, she can still hunt me down anytime she likes LOL.

RE: Hello there! - Lenna Faris-Mynhier - 01-23-2014

(01-23-2014, 07:46 PM)Knight Kat Wrote:
Quote:No, the character was created by my young one but is played by a girl who is much older. The young one lost interest so the older girl took it and ran with it. She's in her late teens and is kin to us irl. She liked the character and the rp and asked if she could have it so my daughter told her yes. She started playing it monday if anyone noticed a difference.

Ohhhhhh, well, she can still hunt me down anytime she likes LOL.
 So kind, so kind. I will do just that. :thumbsup:

RE: Hello there! - Steel Wolf - 01-24-2014

Welcome to the site! :3

I'm newly arrived here as well, and there are naught but super friendly folks here.  I really am glad I found the site, and I'm sure you will be as well.

Though I'm not on Balmung, I'll be looking forward to interacting with you in some manner, either through discussion or perhaps through forum RP if that sorta thing arrives!  (Might already be here, I haven't had a chance to look around yet.)

Here, have a text heart.  <3

RE: Hello there! - Elros - 01-24-2014

(01-24-2014, 08:58 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Welcome to the site! :3

I'm newly arrived here as well, and there are naught but super friendly folks here.  I really am glad I found the site, and I'm sure you will be as well.

Though I'm not on Balmung, I'll be looking forward to interacting with you in some manner, either through discussion or perhaps through forum RP if that sorta thing arrives!  (Might already be here, I haven't had a chance to look around yet.)

Here, have a text heart.  <3

Yay!!!! a text heart! but i prefer a smiley heart Heart Tongue

Thanks for the welcome and I'll definitely make sure to keep an eye out for you on the site!