Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello everyone! Newcomer looking for an RP company. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello everyone! Newcomer looking for an RP company. (/showthread.php?tid=6239)

Hello everyone! Newcomer looking for an RP company. - Wellhereweare - 01-27-2014

Greetings and salutations everyone! I tried this game on a whim and surprise, surprise, it's pretty darn good. I think I'll stick around! I just have to find a nice RP company to seal the deal. So, let's get to introductions!

Boring stuff first. I'm an RP veteran. WoW, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR and plenty of personal, non-MMO roleplay. I came across this lovely place through a Google search. Google knows all.

I'm looking for an RP guild that's medium to heavy. I'd like one that's accepting of a newcomer who, simply put, knows nothing of lore. I'm coming into this game completely cold, save for some quick browsing. I'm willing to learn and I'm going to learn, but as I think everyone will agree with me...there's a LOT to learn. However, the main thing I want in an RP guild is one that's...restrained. By that, I mean I don't want a super-overdramatic guild where we're saving the world from the evil, dark overlord and half of our members are brooding anti heroes who have lost their parents and have everyone out to kill them. I get this is Final Fantasy, but I like a hint of realism and restraint. There are, like, hundreds of heroes out there. We can't all be the illegitimate son of bahamut with uncontrollable power who was destined to change the fates of the world. Heck, in my eyes, none of us should be. 

In short, willing to teach, please no overdramatic, overly epic stuff.

As for me, I've fallen in love with the Scholar class. I'm always a healer in MMOs. It's my thing. What's more, winning fights through magical math-equation story-time? Yes please.

My character (incredibly subject to change) is Ohk'a Rizai. He's a Miqo'te with very feminine features and pink/purple hair with a long, floofy tail. He's a sarcastic, playful, intellectual thing who's flamboyant and homosexual as can be. He was born to a wealthy merchant family and his life has pretty much been one big indulgence of hedonism. Drinks, men, money, Ohk'a adores indulging the basic pleasures.

This isn't to say he's evil. Far from it. He's got good morals of right and wrong and will actively fight for a better world. Why did he take up the art of the tome? The answer probably lies between the ability to make a better world and the money and fame that such a profession might bring.

When he becomes a Scholar, his 'deal' with a fairy isn't the usual sort. Ohk'a dislikes the idea of having to rely on another to be strong. So, he wanted to make sure he was in complete control. His fairy is NOT a willing participant. It's magically bound. It is under his complete control. To be fair, Ohk'a didn't catch some innocent fairy. He was sure to take the most vile, evil one he could find. After all, it's not really 'slavery' that way. It's more of a prison sentence for someone who deserved it, at least in his mind.

Ohk'a is a flirtatious, sarcastic, intellectual, hedonistic Miqo'te who loves everything about his life. Would any companies be willing to take this would-be-healer in? He's loyal and trustworthy...he's just going to party hard.

As for server, I've made a version of him for each and could be tempted to stick to either. Send me a PM or a tell in game! I'm gonna be on Balmung today for most of the day. Ohk'a Rizai, or you could just respond here. I look forward to meeting everyone and hope I find a nice company!

RE: Hello everyone! Newcomer looking for an RP company. - Erik Mynhier - 01-27-2014

Welcome to the game, welcome to Balmung, and welcome to the HRC. I'm Erik, one of many fun folk you'll meet here and in the game. I hope you have a great time. Look me up ooc in game, always out for new friends.

RE: Hello everyone! Newcomer looking for an RP company. - Jethas Zykyri - 01-27-2014

Welcome to the game.  If you're looking for a RP FC, please consider Order of the Ravenstar.  While we may not meet the medium to large req you have (at least not yet, its a work in progress as we're relatively new (just about a month old), we welcome any and all RPers.  Please take a look at our post in the Linkshell section and see what you think.

And again welcome to FF and all its glory!

RE: Hello everyone! Newcomer looking for an RP company. - Faye - 01-27-2014

Hey there, welcome to the server! If you're looking for an FC, Harbingers of the Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. We also have an IC LS. We'd be happy to have you! You can learn more about us here or on our site. Please contact me if you're interested! Also, I'm happy to RP anytime so feel free to approach me if you see me around!

RE: Hello everyone! Newcomer looking for an RP company. - Celsius - 01-27-2014

You could check out the Hungry Wolf! We're a mercenary task force centered in the Shroud that focuses on moving quick and intense team work. We're still small, but are actually looking to recruit officers as well as members to help develop plotlines and events for us. Check us out if you're interested!

That all said, we're totally welcoming to people with minimal knowledge of the lore, and would love to have you!

RE: Hello everyone! Newcomer looking for an RP company. - Elros - 01-28-2014

Welcome to the RPC! I'm sure there are MANY FCs out there who are willing to accept newcomers

That being said if you're ever just looking for RP feel free to hunt me down! Big Grin