Hydaelyn Role-Players
What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? (/showthread.php?tid=6251)

Pages: 1 2 3

What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Tequila - 01-28-2014

As is often the case with the Final Fantasy series, I'm loving the soundtrack in XIV. It's super atmospheric.

I'm curious to hear what others think of it. Share a track that stands out to you and tell us why?

As for me, I'm not too far into the main story yet, but of all the songs that I just had to stop for a few minutes to enjoy, this one here is the one that stuck with me the most.
Show Content
It seems to really carry a different tone from a night in Gridania or Limsa Lominsa. For me, it was just too perfect. Lazily wandering around the city for the first time and feeling dwarfed by it's scale. It's both contemplative and calming, but also almost surprisingly melancholy. It made me feel nostalgic and -- probably only in-character -- a little homesick.

If you care for one more (from a different game) it really, really reminded me of the first time I happened to be playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf at 7PM, and the way this song took me off-guard and made me feel.
Show Content
Anyway, I thought this might be nice -- go on and share your own standout tracks. Smile

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Steel Wolf - 01-28-2014

My absolute personal favorite...forever and always in this game, until I hear some other theme...

[youtube]79qZrTNXK9o[/youtube]

The cadence and pacing reminds me quite a bit of FF7's battle theme, which I personally think is the series' best "standard battle" theme.  When I first heard this in the beta, I didn't mind that the opening Levequest was bugged and you had to wait for the thing to time out, because I was able to just have this playing in the background while I slaughtered things.  Big Grin

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - TheLastCandle - 01-28-2014

This. So much nostalgia of playing the Famicon FF2 fan translation on an emulator years and years ago.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Asgarn - 01-28-2014

For the sake of not wanting to spoil things for people that have not reached this fight yet, I shall warn you. DO NOT WATCH THIS. <3 I'm not sure how the spoiler tag system works with Youtube videos.

[youtube]0F6B5wS84CU[/youtube]

So, yes. My favourite piece in the entire game is Garuda's theme. For me, it really makes the fight. It could be argued Garuda is my favourite boss FOR this music (though her fight is also pretty sweet, all three of them. Laugh ) Just... Everything about this music is what I'd want in a character theme.

"Now fall..." Wink

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Siha - 01-28-2014

So far my favorite has to be:

It's just so calming and lovely, and it always pulls at something in my heart, never fails. It's good mood music all together for most of the scenes that I like to do, minus battle themes of course. On a less serious note (kind of!) my other favorite would be:

Because who doesn't love the Chocobo Theme!

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Tequila - 01-28-2014

(01-28-2014, 09:14 PM)Asgarn Wrote: DO NOT WATCH THIS.
B-but... that's just not fair!

All excellent choices so far -- the FFII remix had me grinning ear-to-ear as well.

One more from me. Another cool fanmade cover, the boss theme for dungeons!

Show Content

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Tiergan - 01-28-2014

Aside from the Garuda and Titan fights which are TOTALLY awesome - I also love the song for a certain major boss fight that you fight at the end of the Praetorium [DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN THAT FAR. IT'S A SPOILER!]:

Show Content

Also, the beginning of the Pharos Sirius dungeon is gorgeous and makes me really sad that it doesn't just keep playing throughout the entire instance.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Kismet - 01-28-2014

The theme from Pharos Sirius is definitely my favorite dungeon BGM. Garuda and Titan (in that order) are my favorite boss fight themes. As for my favorite map theme, it would have to be the one for Coerthas (there used to be a vid of it, but it got taken down, grrr).

This is also another favorite (albeit a cover). I remember hearing the melody a LOT back in 1.0 and I never got tired of listening to it. Now, there only a few cutscenes it shows up in... And possibly somewhere in the Black Shroud? Not entirely sure. Regardless, I think it's ridiculously beautiful, despite the simplicity of the arrangement.

[youtube]iFE6eR9jHIs[/youtube]

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Lost River - 01-28-2014

A battle between Garuda and Titan's themes.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Kage - 01-28-2014

I really like Moggle Mog's, Garuda's, Titan's and Ifrit's themes. Other than that, I have a soft spot for Steel Reason.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Haven's Fox - 01-29-2014

Garuda hands down! I turn it up every time. Titan does comes in close to the top also.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - cuideag - 01-29-2014

Show Content

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Edgar - 01-29-2014

For me, it's pretty obvious: Titan's theme.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8-n1RCKCiQ
[sup]Posted in code tags to prevent copyright detection by embedding or hyperlink.[/sup]

Under the weight!
Under the weight!
Under the weight!
IN HELL I WAIT!

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Kieron Lohengrin - 01-29-2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc8HjSX1HMM

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Jana - 01-29-2014

I couldn't find it on YouTube, but I like the opening music from Amdapor Keep.