Hydaelyn Role-Players
Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion (/showthread.php?tid=6267)

Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Renault Delumiere - 01-31-2014

--MMORPG background

Ahhh, 6 years of WoW hardcore raiding and RPer here. Spent my last 3 years on WoW focused more on RP. From there, I played TOR for a few months, TERA online, that korean angel game I forget the name of because it sucked so bad, GW2 for a year, Runescape in my younger years (before WoW) annnnd, yeah that's it. I played FFXI for a day and hated it, but this game is alright I guess. 

--RP experience

I've been an RP nerd since my youth. As a child, my neighbors and I would actually LARP as our favorite Zelda/Final Fantasy/ and made up characters and fight eachother with our martial arts weapons...We didn't know it was LARPing at the time, but hell, I guess we were all a bunch of nerds from the start.

What got me into RPing on WoW...Well, a raiding buddy of mine told me to go make an alt on this server "Moon Guard" so we could make fun of all the weird people ERPing in Goldshire. We did, and I actually started RPing with some little gnome named "Tellah." Tellah didn't know my friends and I were trolling him, even though we had names like "QueenLatifa" and "Willsmith," and he kept RPing at us with very descriptive words. He was so nice, he even initiated us into his guild! I would end up transferring all of my characters to this RP realm just a few months later, at the end of my hardcore raiding career, and delved DEEEP DEEEP DEEP into the world of MMO RP. I ended up joining a guild called "The Cult of the Damned" which was based off the in-game faction. Our guild was a catalyst in sparking up antagonist RP across the entire server, and at one point were up to 150 ACTIVE members, online at once. I helped lead a unit of the guild and came up with several server-wide events. However, the guild would later fall from it's leader taking a leave of absence. From there, I became a freelance RPer for the rest of my WoW career.

I meandered on over to TOR with a few of my WoW friends and RPed for a bit. I've never really liked Sci-Fi so I wasn't too keen on it. From there I took a break from RP until returning to the same group of friends as they transitioned to GW2, and RPed there for about a year. I took another break and then jumped into this game head first. I've been freelancing it a bit as I really like the people in my PvE guild. However, I've done a good job of creating a great network of people and my villainous character has had quite a bit of conflict raised already.

--Character ideas/info

My character is Renault Delumiere, and conniving midlander with a noble background. He currently thinks he runs the underground crime scene in Ul'dah, though as of late more and more competition has been springing up. From dealing illegal drugs to killing notable political parties, he and his mercenaries do it all!

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Friends told me of it. Also Gizoogle.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Heavy.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I go to school as well as work, though my life is mostly spent playing this game. 

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-31-2014

Hey Renault! Welcome to the RPC.

Nat's already ran into your character a few times, and experienced his particular flavour of... charmTongue.

Looking forward to doing more RP with you, and hopefully getting the old cops and robbers thing going a bit.

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Evie - 01-31-2014

Wow quite a resume that you have there. Smile

Glad to have you here on the RPC and hope to run into you at some point in game.

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Aya - 01-31-2014

Sounds very interesting! Smile

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - C'kayah Polaali - 01-31-2014

Quote:"Dashing Rapscallion"
Welcome to RPC, Renault! I'm sorry to inform you, however, that has been filled. Angel

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Renault Delumiere - 01-31-2014

(01-31-2014, 02:06 PM)C Wrote:
Welcome to RPC, Renault! I'm sorry to inform you, however, that has been filled. Angel

This town ain't big enough fer the two of us!

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Syl Souther - 01-31-2014

Antagonist rp is the ONLY rp. Good to finally see you on here. Now get started on your wiki page.

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-31-2014

(01-31-2014, 02:06 PM)Ckayah Tia Wrote:

It's ok Renault, I've heard there is an opening for a Dapper Rogue.

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Renault Delumiere - 01-31-2014

Just did a brief creation of my RPC wiki.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Renault_Delumiere

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Lottie - 02-01-2014

We've already met on my Miqo'te but I've yet to run into you but I'm pretty amped for that to happen soon! Your character looks ~*fabulous*~.

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Aldotsk - 02-01-2014

LOL I've met this playboy, and he has a lot of clumsiness and moments where he embarrasses himself unintentionally.  But he has a sense of humor at least.

Welcome aboard at least! 

P.S. : 

Boooo Antagonist character. -10 score. :S

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Renault Delumiere - 02-01-2014

(02-01-2014, 09:10 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: LOL I've met this playboy, and he has a lot of clumsiness and moments where he embarrasses himself unintentionally.  But he has a sense of humor at least.

Welcome aboard at least! 

P.S. : 

Boooo Antagonist character. -10 score. :S

Hahaha, I remember you!

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Roen - 02-01-2014

HAHAHA!

I LOVE your wiki profile!

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - Aldotsk - 02-01-2014

Quote:This page was created by Kanye West

I have seen it all.

RE: Renault Delumiere - Dashing Rapscallion - TheLastCandle - 02-01-2014

(02-01-2014, 12:37 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: