Hydaelyn Role-Players
Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent (/showthread.php?tid=6284)

Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Lamiaris - 02-02-2014

--I've played at minimum, at least 30 MMOs ranging from RPG, to FPS, to the other sorts. 

My first introduction to MMOs came when my brother, mom and dad introduced me to EverQuest 2 back in.. I think 2005ish? My fraternal twin followed suit by joining us as well. After that I tried out EQ1.. Then tried a few FPS's. A few games that really stuck with me were of course, EverQuest 2, and a few others including Jade Dynasty and Perfect World. 
  It was just two days ago that I discovered Final Fantasy XIV, and I seem at the moment, a bit addicted Tongue

--I've been RPing for about 5 years and going! I was first exposed to Role-Play again, back in EverQuest 2, when I made one of my first characters on the Antonia Bayle. From then on, I've sort of branched out; many RPs I participate in are either play-by-post, or in-game organized events.

--My character (and only character) is Lamiaris Vaedonia, a blind female Miqo'Te. She comes from a family of well-known casters; Her brother's a thaumaturge, her father's a conjuror, and her mother's an arcanist.

--Searched up FFXIV Roleplay on google, and found this website, hehe. I'd also been looking for some RP in the final fantasy universe for a while now, so.. Yeah :3

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Heavy!

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

My hobbies are studying foreign languages (particularly Russian, Arabic, Chinese, and Korean), creating conlangs and conscripts, playing videogames, cooking.. A few others, but it's too close to bed time when I'm posting this.

I'll be editing this post again soon!

Same goes for my RP Wiki article, which can be found here 
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lamiaris_Vaedonia

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Karaan - 02-03-2014

Welcome to the RPC Smile

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - TheWizard - 02-03-2014

Welcome to the rpc!

Aww she's blind? Sad she needs a hug!

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-03-2014

What server is your character on?

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Lamiaris - 02-03-2014

(02-03-2014, 12:10 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: What server is your character on?

My lovely girl is on the Balmung server :3

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Olofantur - 02-03-2014

Welcome to the RPC Lamiaris!

Good to see you've made the jump in making a character wiki!
Mind if I ask if you're studying any particular dialect of Mandarin?
Either way, greetings! I've got a few links you might want to look over, I'm a bit rusty at this so please forgive me if it sounds a bit wonky.

If you're looking to get a quick overview of a few tools here at the RPC and maybe the names of some of the support staff, the welcome post found here:
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/misc.php?page=welcome
Should sort things out, it mentions the wiki, as well as things like the Lantern, a PC made news publication.

With 5 years to your name in RP I imagine you've got a pretty strong basis of experience to draw from, but in case you're ever looking to refresh yourself, want a second opinion, or are not sure how to handle and Eorzea specific "thing" Eva's RP Handbook is a trove of information. [That might require some digging.]
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1770

But onto the communities! while you haven't mentioned what server you belong to [and I suggest adding it to your profile from the user control panel, just so people can make recommendations or try to say hello in game.] If you are on Balmung, I have two linkshells i'd like to recommend.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1902
"Intermission" is a gathering of RPers from all walks oh Hydaelyn, a great way to see what people are up to, where they might be, whos talking with who. Maybe you just want to chat about some things OOC before meeting people, or maybe you want to see whos in the area of Camp Tranquil to help with something IC.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=5045
"Balmung Finest" is a PVE centered linkshell all about getting people together on the server first to do group content. Be it Low level dungeons all the way up to the Primals. I've picked up a group here to farm Brayflox, or jumped into a HM Titan as a healer. If you prefer to find people "close to home" before using the duty finder, this is a great choice.

Hrm, thats a bit of a start, hopefully nothings put you off. As you can see from the posts above me, the RPC is an open community with plenty of people to talk to. Feel free to drop into the forums, ask some questions, make some friends and all the fun stuff.

Hope to see you in Eorzea! Cactuar

EDIT: aha! Balmung, thanks for the update!

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-03-2014

(02-03-2014, 12:22 PM)Lamiaris Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 12:10 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: What server is your character on?

My lovely girl is on the Balmung server :3

Awesome! Hopefully our characters will meet sometime. If you are ever in Ul'dah, the quicksand is where I usually hang out.

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Lamiaris - 02-04-2014

(02-03-2014, 12:25 PM)Olofantur Wrote: Welcome to the RPC Lamiaris!

I am studying 普通话, or the standardized dialect used in the PRC, though I'm learning both character sets.

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Olofantur - 02-04-2014

(02-04-2014, 07:46 AM)Lamiaris Wrote:

I am studying 普通话, or the standardized dialect used in the PRC, though I'm learning both character sets.

Mind if I ask if you favor the written language over the spoken?

For my own Tertiary and beyond i've always favored written, though thats mostly because I enjoy reading texts or works in their original language. Picking up the spoken elements has always been secondary. Though in some cases the overlap has made it easy with western languages...

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Lamiaris - 02-07-2014

(02-04-2014, 11:20 AM)Olofantur Wrote:
(02-04-2014, 07:46 AM)Lamiaris Wrote:

Mind if I ask if you favor the written language over the spoken?

For my own Tertiary and beyond i've always favored written, though thats mostly because I enjoy reading texts or works in their original language. Picking up the spoken elements has always been secondary. Though in some cases the overlap has made it easy with western languages...

I much prefer the written form of the language, mainly because I too, like reading texts in the original language, and second reason being I really like the writing system; particularly the traditional set. We seem to be similar in this way.

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Lamiaris - 02-07-2014

Made a somewhat minor update to Lamiaris' profile on the wiki, down in the dislikes and rumourse sectione.

And about the mnemonics; If anyone wants to know what the profile means by that OOCly, feel free to ask ;3

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Olofantur - 02-07-2014

(02-07-2014, 09:22 PM)Lamiaris Wrote: Made a somewhat minor update to Lamiaris' profile on the wiki, down in the dislikes and rumourse sectione.

And about the mnemonics; If anyone wants to know what the profile means by that OOCly, feel free to ask ;3

Just a heads up, might want to be careful with using the terms

"She comes from a family of well-known casters; Her brother's a black mage, her father's a scholar, and her mother's a summoner."

Stick to the classes and not the jobs until you've done the quests and know the lore a bit better and can provide some back story for them.

I don't want to go to far into spoilers because the questlines are a lot of fun but.

Scholars-Are limited to people with interaction with certain artifacts of Nym [Depending on how you plan to explain and if you intend for them to use a companion]

Summoners- [in Canon] Have some pretty [as far as the quest goes] stringent requirements

Blackmages- Things like the Magewar make any self identifying "blackmage" likely reviled by the mass populace.

Not to be a debby downer, heck perhaps once you have a firm grasp of all t he back story you can work these ideas to fit in with the world, alter the flex what exactly a Scholar does, or how A Blackmage uses the Aether around them, but "Thaumaturge" "Arcanist" and "Conjurer" are solid and respectable occupations [in most cases]

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Lamiaris - 02-08-2014

(02-07-2014, 10:15 PM)Olofantur Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 09:22 PM)Lamiaris Wrote: Made a somewhat minor update to Lamiaris' profile on the wiki, down in the dislikes and rumourse sectione.

Just a heads up, might want to be careful with using the terms

"She comes from a family of well-known casters; Her brother's a black mage, her father's a scholar, and her mother's a summoner."

Stick to the classes and not the jobs until you've done the quests and know the lore a bit better and can provide some back story for them.

I don't want to go to far into spoilers because the questlines are a lot of fun but.

Scholars-Are limited to people with interaction with certain artifacts of Nym [Depending on how you plan to explain and if you intend for them to use a companion]

Summoners- [in Canon] Have some pretty [as far as the quest goes] stringent requirements

Blackmages- Things like the Magewar make any self identifying "blackmage" likely reviled by the mass populace.

Not to be a debby downer, heck perhaps once you have a firm grasp of all t he back story you can work these ideas to fit in with the world, alter the flex what exactly a Scholar does, or how A Blackmage uses the Aether around them, but "Thaumaturge" "Arcanist" and "Conjurer" are solid and respectable occupations [in most cases]

Alright ^^; Sorry about that; Haven' tplayed that many Final Fantasy games; Will change them to be arcanist, thaumaturge and Conjuror :3

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - Olofantur - 02-08-2014

(02-08-2014, 10:14 AM)Lamiaris Wrote: Alright ^^; Sorry about that; Haven' tplayed that many Final Fantasy games; Will change them to be arcanist, thaumaturge and Conjuror :3

Eh, no reason to be sorry, just something you'll run into out in the world as you play, go have fun! Cactuar

RE: Lamiaris Vaedonia, blindly Innocent - TheWizard - 02-08-2014

Blind characters tend to remind me of Theresa from Fable.