Hydaelyn Role-Players
SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] (/showthread.php?tid=6301)

Pages: 1 2

SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Xifang - 02-04-2014

OOC: I have this on the Gilgamesh event page and on the Driftwood Coast home page as well. But you know what? She wants the world to feel smaller and so do I! Let's open this to everyone! Feel free to respond to this post with letters to Saachi and I will post as soon as I can with her response! You can post what you do when you find the letter (RP throwing it away, for instance, or finding it while running from the guards...) and also any response that you leave her! I will do the same in response.  This link has examples of letters I've received in the past: Original Post Secret

Locations of the letters that she left are:

UL'DAH <<hidden amongst the bundles of fabrics in the Weaver's Guild, near the display of clothes>>

GRIDANIA <<Under a pile of rocks, under a tree outside the Botany Guild>>

LIMSA LOMINSA <<Stuck under a table the Drowning Wench>>

Each letter is slightly different. If you are curious about the differences you can see the contents of the hidden letters on the original post:

There's that link again!

She asks that you leave her letter at the inn of whatever starting zone city you are in and that in your letter, if you want her to reply, that you tell her where to leave your response. You do not have to make your identity known to her ICly if you do not want to!

[Image: 5faa0f1f-98d1-413e-915a-c2e64e949e86_zps14e586ad.png]

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Knight Kat - 02-12-2014

Kiht Jakkya stares curiously at the smelly piece of parchment she found under a pile of rocks. "Tsk! what a strange place to put a letter! Probably placed here by some crazy Elezen..." Kiht then reads the letter slowly as her reading skills are a bit below average.

"What is a Saachi?" Kiht asks herself. Kiht replaces the letter under the rocks. She was going to simply return to going about her business, but she suddenly feels compelled to respond to it. Driven by her innately strong sense of curiosity, she finds another piece of parchment and begins writing a response letter.

Written in sloppy, but still legible handwriting:
"Greetings, Saachi, I am... My name is not important. I found your letter under the rocks near the Botanists Guild. You do realize that it is starting to get moldy under there? I was able to smell it that way. Nature soon reclaims everything if given the chance...

If you left this letter to simply learn something random about random people then you have a stronger sense of curiosity than I do! Well, I decided to indulge you. I am a scout and huntress. I notice things that many others might overlook. That is one of the reasons why I found this letter.

Tell me Saachi, do you have family or friends? What lengths would you go through to keep them alive? Would you defy the twelve? Would you fight the very environment around you that you were raised in? Would you become something far greater than most in order to protect them? The answer may seem obvious and easy, but think about it. Many have said that they love their gods more than they love their family. Would they be wrong to do so?

Mayhaps you were not expecting such a heavy series of questions! Mayhaps I should just send you poetry! If you choose to respond to this letter, coat your response letter in something with a strong scent, and leave it somewhere outside the Blue Badger gate before Dusk. I -will- find it.

If you choose not to respond then Menphina guide your steps Saachi. Have a fair life."

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Xifang - 02-14-2014

<<In response to Kiht!>>

Saachi found it hard to contain her excitement in general.Nothing like the usual stereotype of the dour, serious, composed Elezen she’d heard of, anytime Saachi felt an emotion she acted honestly upon it. Having a new letter to read always lifted her spirits, and that this one came from a brand new penpal made her heart soar! People were still finding her letters; people were still interested in them. They weren’t just throwing them away (well, ok, some were… but it didn’t seem to have happened in quite some time); they were reading them.

Her almost manic grin faltered only when she read the questions she was being asked and then only briefly as she questioned outloud: “...What lengths would I go to to keep the ones I love alive? Is this a threat? Am I going to be tested on this?” Was she about to blackmailed? Were her friends going to find themselves kidnapped, bound, gagged, beaten and demoralized all because she left a silly letter under a rock?

Reading on, she felt relief wash back over her as she was convinced that the letter writer had not actually meant to threaten her at all. “…Perhaps they’ve been through something themselves”, she wondered, curiously, “that would cause them to ask that?”

She pulled out her new quill. Her old one well beyond the point of writing lovely (or even legible) letters, she’d used a chunk of the last payment she’d received from work with the paladins of Ul’Dah to buy a particularly lovely quill and extremely nice ink in a, perhaps too ornate, bottle. This would be the first letter she tried them out on! She prepared herself for the inevitable ink splotches that came with writing with a new pen and settled herself in to the desk in her inn room.

Show Content

And with that she pulled a bottle of cologne out of the desk drawer. She hadn’t used any of it since she purchased it, but it reminded her of her father so she’d purchased it on a whim. She popped the cap and took in a deep breath of it, the familiar smell of It wrapped itself around her heart and surprised her by causing her eyes to tear up. Ah. There was that loneliness she’d mentioned in the letter.

She smiled through it anyway. At least she’d met someone new. She dabbed the letter with the cologne and made her way to the Blue Badger Gate.

<<Kiht! Would you mind if I posted your letter on my FC forum as well so that I have all the letters together there? :-)  Thank you for writing!  >>

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Knight Kat - 02-14-2014

((By all means, post my letters on any forums Smile ))

Kiht Jakkya sits at a table in the Carline Canopy. She stares at the new letter she found outside the Blue Badger gate. "She certainly put something smelly on this!" Kiht says to herself in a quiet voice as her sensitive nose burns from the scent of the cologne.

As Kiht reads the letter, she finds her usually neutral expression being broken by slight chuckles and smirks. This, Saachi, was not entirely what Kiht had expected....

Kiht put the letter aside, and began writing her new response on a blank piece of parchment.

Show Content

Kiht hands in the letter to the Roost receptionist then walks out into the night.

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Steel Wolf - 02-15-2014

((I'm at work right now and the letters are locked out on my browser.  :c Is there perhaps some way you could PM me the contents of the Lominsan letter? It's a slow work day and I could use the distraction. XD ))

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Xifang - 02-15-2014

Steel, I'm sorry I missed your post. I'll send it now!

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Xifang - 02-15-2014

<Kiht>

Perceptive Friend,

Show Content

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Steel Wolf - 02-15-2014

Another day at the forge had set Steel's shoulders and arms aflame.  The order she was commissioned for took far longer than she had anticipated, having run out of the ore to smelt the ingots needed.  Overall, it was a case of a simple job going completely pear-shaped due to her own stupidity.

The guildmaster of Naldiq and Vymelli's had been cross...but supportive.  "Take it as a lesson", the Miqo'te said, then sent Steel on her way.  The bitter sting of disappointment was still oozing over her body language like a thick film despite how comforting the guildmaster's tone had been.

She needed a drink.  Maybe three.

Steel made her way into the Drowning Wench and sat herself at the first open table that she saw.  She nodded to the bartender as she entered, and the silent order was passed from her mind to his, as she was becoming a more than regular face to the establishment recently.  Steel sat into the chair like a dropped sack of popotoes, sighing in defeat and exhaustion as she did.  Her hands hit the table with a dull thud, as her frustration poured out of her form.

The strike to the table had jarred a folded parchment loose.  It noisily fluttered into the Roegadyn's lap.

Confused, Steel blinked and opened the parchment.  Written within was a curious, meandering, but altogether friendly letter from someone named Saachi.  The writer divulged far too much information for a piece of correspondence just stuffed beneath a table in a tavern...but, then, Steel had bourne witness to much stranger happenings.

As her tankard of mead arrived, Steel requested a parchment and a quill.  Saachi had requested a response, and she was willing to play along with the odd missive's request...

Show Content

Steel folded up the parchment and took another long pull from her tankard.  She sighed, feeling a bit sad at what she had just written out...but at the same time, she felt a little relief.  Nobody was around to talk to, save for this mystery scribe, and it felt good to lay bare some of her mind's weight...or perhaps it was just too much drink too fast that loosened her demeanour.

She took the folded parchment and handed it to the innkeeper.  Upon hearing the name of Saachi, the large Roegadyn smiled broadly and nodded his full understanding.  Another regular customer.

It had been a very odd day overall, she thought, as she went back to the table to nurse the tankard waiting there.

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Xifang - 02-17-2014

<<Steel Wolf!>>

Saachi liked violence. It wasn’t something she was proud of; rather, she was quite horrified by it. She kept this truth, this enjoyment , this craving of battle, as closely guarded a secret as she possibly could because every time she was forced to acknowledge it she’d try to talk herself down. “It’s not as bad as you think”, she’d tell herself and when, after a particularly impressive bout of brutality it was not possible to deny how bad it was she’d think, “…I can fix this… I can fix this… Next time doesn’t have to be this way.”

But like the change of the seasons, her regiment of moods and responses were almost like clockwork. The horror at what she had done, the denial, the guilt, the peace with herself, followed by more brutality always found itself back in her life.

She wanted to be a great hero, a great healer and a great person. She honestly set out to do the best things she possibly could for a world too accustomed to people not caring about it. She listened to rumors of where trouble might be starting and she tried to be there to stop it. When people told her their plights, no matter how small (for what seemed small to her might well be very large to someone else) she listened and tried to help. She studied conjury, threw herself headlong into it, so that she could learn a more peaceful and kind way of existing and heal the wounds, at least physical, of as many people as possible. She became a paladin so that she might use her skill with a sword (and to some degree her shield) as a means to protect others.

But that was just it. She was much better with the sword than she was the shield and at certain moments, with certain terrible people, she was far better at meting out justice with bloodshed than stopping the bloodshed with her magic. But her blood pulsed and her heart raced and she felt like she became a wind, a cyclone, of power and like she was wrapped up in something stronger and more incredible than herself when she was engaged in battle. She stopped feeling awkward and childish. She didn’t over-analyze things, she just intuitively knew how to move and what to do. It felt as though so invisible guide moved her along the battlefield and helped her win and it was unbelievably exhilarating. To give up fighting at all felt like it was giving up her invisible friend… and, as a rule, she looked down on giving up of any sort.

Still,it was embarrassing and made for uncomfortable conversation if she said, “Hi! Sometimes I feel most alive when I am killing bad people! Do you want to talk about fun books we read?”

Today was a day where she was feeling guilty. Her stomach was tying itself in knots and she was knocking back hard alcohol to try to loosen it up. She was on her fourth drink of a particularly hard, and not particularly pleasant tasting drink that the bartender at the Drowning Wench said people had taken to calling “Drake’s blood”, when the inn keeper remembered to hand her a letter. It took awhile for her to 1) realize why he was handing her a letter at all and 2) for eyes to adjust enough to read it.

“Someone elsh…”, she said, narrowing her eyes and bringing the letter close to her face and then pulling it far back away from her face to see which of those angles made it easier to read, “Feels….lik shit today……too. Or whatever day thish was. Gimme a… a… gimme a…. gimme a pen and some paper, pleash.”

The innkeep considered not giving her the requested items, but then grinned and gave them anyway. He’d watch her and if she wrote anything too embarrassing he’d dutifully take the items back away from her and throw the letter away.

She hiccupped and began to write, her letters leaning one direction and then the other in varying sizes:

Show Content

She paused to consider the sentence and found it very hard to read. It bolstered her spirits, though, to realize that even drunk she had managed to write down a complicated sentence. If she could do that she could do anything! It did not bother her that the sentence had taken her a full minute to write down.

Show Content

The innkeeper took the pen and paper and told her to go to bed and try again in the morning. He was, truth be told, impressed that she had done as well as she had, but watching her add “e”s to the end of words as though she were seasoning her letter had grown far too frustrating for him. He assumed she’d thank him for keeping her from sending that letter to someone else.

The next afternoon she handed him anew letter to give to her original letter writer,

Show Content

She handed the new letter to the inn keeper and went about the rest of her day in a strangely content and introspective manner. He dutifully took the letter, folded it up, put it in a nice envelope and sealed it for her, awaiting Steel Wolf's arrival. The task took him some time though as many customers flooded in requesting a room on account of a local event and when he got back to the task at hand, he absently included her original letter, full of needless 'e's at the ends of words, in the envelope as well.

((Do you mind if I copy your letter and put it on the Driftwood forums where so many of the other letters are? It's OK if you'd prefer I don't!))

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Steel Wolf - 02-17-2014

((Feel free to copy my letter!  ^^  I'll respond with a ..uh...a response soon.  About to leave work now and I won't have the time to give the reply its proper attention. :3 ))

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Knight Kat - 02-17-2014

"What in the Seven Hells?" Kiht asks herself as she stares up into a tall tree.
The scent was obviously coming from the tree, but there was no letter anywhere near it. It -had- to be up in the canopy.

Kiht contemplated for a moment then smirked confidently as she came to understand why Saachi might have put the letter in the tree canopy.

Kiht crouched with her legs together and her knees bent. "Both legs must act as one, and focus." Kiht whispered to herself as she remembered Yvelont's (her mentor) training. Kiht focused every fiber of her being into this one task. She knew she couldn't jump into the tree canopy, but she could get a leaping start up before having to latch onto the trunk. She drew two hunting knives from her satchel and held one in each hand.

Kiht springs into the air; the combination of her training, and strong Miqo'te legs complimenting each other. She makes it quite a ways up the tree before stabbing knives into the trunk, and planting her feet on the rugged bark. Kiht manages to get a hold on the tree without sliding back down.

She climbed the rest of the way to the canopy. After retrieving the letter, Kiht climbed back down the tree a ways before letting go, and falling to the ground. Using her leg muscles to absorb the shock, and timing her reaction with them allowed her to land hard but gracefully on her feet.

It was time to head to the Carline Canopy and read her new letter.

Show Content

Kiht hands in her letter to the inn receptionist. She grins widely for the first time in many Suns.

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Steel Wolf - 02-18-2014

Steel Wolf had awoken in her room from what was a fitful sleep, and her body ached in every possible joint as a result.  It was no fault of her bed, as it was as warm and comfortable as any she'd slept in at the establishment.  More the fault of her mind tumbling a variety of things as she laid herself down.

She stretched herself before the frosted glass window of her room, then bent down to pick up her smallclothes.  As she entered a state of slight modesty, a light knock was heard on her door, followed by a delicate, Lalafellian female's voice.

"Miss Hah....haayymer..steam weh..uhhm...Miss, I have a delivery for you."

Steel swung her door open, looking down at the servant girl before her.  The Lalafell stood up on tiptoes, raising an envelope to the Roegadyn.  When her eyes met the woman's body of underdress, her entire body seized up, her eyes shrinking and her mouth drawing into a tight line of stunned surprise.

It amused Steel greatly.

She knelt down and took the envelope from the servant's hand, then gave her some gil--a few extra added as tax paid for embarassing the poor woman.  Sitting at the nearby desk, she opened the envelope and pulled out two different letters.

They apparently were penned by the same hand, though it'd be difficult to know that without seeing the writer's name mentioned on the second.  The first had been scrawled by what appeared to be either a drunkard or someone attempting calligraphy by holding the pen in their mouth.  The second was far more legible and concise, and so Steel focused her attention on that.

It was her mystery pen pal, Saachi.  This one was far less upbeat than the initial correspondence...it read in a more reserved and lower tone, of someone apologetic, yet unapologetically bearing their soul.  Catharsis and release was evident in every word as the writer laid out her concerns, hopes and fears.

It was touching...and in it Steel found a kindred spirit.  A woman searching, who tried things headfirst, and who swallowed disappointment and failure bitterly and utterly into her heart.

Steel scrambled to find a fresh sheet of paper and a quill.  This was beyond curiosity.  This was a call for companionship.  She was compelled to offer her shield, this time in an emotional sense.

Show Content

Steel set the quill down and looked at the morning light bleeding through the inn's window.  Suddenly, her aches seemed less.  She looked towards her forge clothes hanging in the armoire nearby, and then to the mannequin holding her battle armor.

She stood up and readied the simple chain and plate garb.  Today was a day that the field called louder than the forge.

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Xifang - 02-24-2014

((I've been fighting a really nasty cold lately... sorry for the delays! *gets cracking*))

<<Kiht>>

Show Content

With a resigned sigh and a tired smile, Saachi looked up at the roof in question, the top of the Carline Canopy. She WOULD get up there and she WOULD stick the letter under a bit of thatch. She rubbed her sore backside and stated, "...At least you should get an interesting response from this..."

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Knight Kat - 02-25-2014

A rather irritated Hyur Wood Wailer scowled up at the Miqto'te girl as she climbed along the Carpenter's Guild rooftop. "You! Get down from there!" The Wood Wailer shouted. Kiht looked to the Wailer and simply responded with a taunting grin then she continued to search for the letter. Kiht could smell it, but the scent was so strong that it smelled as if it could be anywhere on the roofs of any of the buildings between the Aetheryte plaza and the Blue Badger gate. Fortunately, there were only a few buildings in that area.

Once the Wood Wailer walked away, Kiht saw her opportunity to move on to the roof of the Carline Canopy. Once up there, Kiht began searching quickly. She knew the Wood Wailer would not stay gone.

Kiht finally located the letter, but just as she was about to leave the roof, she noticed new Wood Wailers approaching. The one Hyur Wood Wailer brought three others.

"Do you not have something better to do, Wailers!?" Kiht shouted at them. However, she would not stay around for their answer. Kiht jumped down from the roof and bolted out into the Shroud. She would return later at night when the Wood Wailer guards changed shifts.

Show Content

Kiht hands the letter to the Inn receptionist, but she motions for him to wait a moment then hands him something else. “Please leave this with the letter” Kiht requests. She then walks out of the Carline Canopy. The Inn receptionist opens his hand to see a ring made of Aldgoat leather. The symbol of Menphina is engraved on it.

RE: SAACHI'S POST SECRET: MYSTERY PENPALS [OPEN] - Xifang - 02-27-2014

<<Steel!>>

Show Content