Hydaelyn Role-Players
Happy 4 Year Anniversary RPC! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Happy 4 Year Anniversary RPC! (/showthread.php?tid=6364)

Happy 4 Year Anniversary RPC! - Kylin - 02-15-2014

[Image: anniversary.gif]

Dearest RPC,

It's been four years now. Four years since this RP community launched with a tiny following and turned into the behemoth that it is today. Despite the rocky launch of 1.0, there seems to be no slowing down now. Activity on the site is beyond any expectations, and RP in game can be found easily on a daily basis.

None of these accomplishments would be possible without the strong support from all of you. Together, we've made FFXIV's Rp community a thriving environment where endless stories unfold. Some linkshells have crumbled over this time, while new linkshells have formed. Old faces have disappeared, new ones have come. But the RPC is still here and as strong as ever, and always ready to welcome the old and new alike with open arms. The community itself moves forward at full speed every day.

I still recall the difficulty in starting this community up all those years ago. Getting Rpers together is truly like herding cats. The challenges that went into getting this place off the ground remain an unforgettable journey. We've evolved so much since our original gathering forum.

I remember the first ever linkshells going live with their teasers. I remember our brief attempt to convert the site to full flash. I remember when we first tried to organize under a controversial 'charter' that was later abolished after numerous political heated debates:

I remember the amazing server vote that made Balmung (previously known as Besaid) our first home. I remember the RPCV podcast we used to have. I remember the numerous evolutions in which the forums went through to get to the sleek layout it became today. I remember the first fashion show...the first storytelling event...the first gala...the first auction...and so many more amazing events. I remember the tons of talented artwork that's been posted over the years, and the amazing community oriented art projects. I remember the gathering of tons of screenshots for the 2 year anniversary video:

I remember all of this and so much more, including our transition into A Realm Reborn and the addition of Gilgamesh as a designated RP server.

There is no shortage of history here. Some of it was filled with laughs. Some with drama. But it's all made the community so much stronger and capable of surviving anything. Four years is a pretty massive landmark, and it's one we just hit together. Thanks to everyone for their role in helping to build what we see today.

This is my last official day as RPC admin. In approximately 24 hours from this post, I will be completely removed from all administrative aspects of this site. Thank you all for your continued support up until now, and I hope that support continues for FreelanceWizard. This has been an amazing four year journey that I wouldn't take back for anything. It has been an absolute pleasure to watch this community grow from the very beginning infant stage into the mature adult that it is now. I wish this community nothing but success and happiness in the years to come.

Happy anniversary, RPC.  

With great love and respect,

Kylin

RE: Happy 4 Year Anniversary RPC! - Cato - 02-15-2014

An impressive milestone. Congratulations!

RE: Happy 4 Year Anniversary RPC! - TheLastCandle - 02-15-2014

I (barely, because I came in at the tail end of it) remember Besaid! I fondly remember plodding along in 1.0, mere months before jobs were implemented. Kudos to those of you who were around from the beginning. If you hadn't, FFXIV might not even be around now, and we certainly wouldn't have the unified RP community that this site represents. From the bottom of my heart, again: thank you.

RE: Happy 4 Year Anniversary RPC! - ArmachiA - 02-15-2014

Hey The Crimson Blades is on that flash site! That's us! Wow.

The Crimson Blades was our first incarnation when we joined 1.0. I had no idea that thing was still around! We only changed our name because when we came back we wanted to change our concept a bit, but the Crimson Blades is a bit part of the Night Blades backstory.

Meemmmoorriieess.

I was there for a lot of it and I remember the fun times and the drama and the jokes (Balthier Server) and the politics and the in fighting and the goofiness and the really awesome people. I've played a lot of MMO's in my time and FFXIV definitely has one of the best, if not the best, RP communities of all of them. Most people are respectful to lore, respectful to other rpers and, while there is some drama, the drama is relatively low. You built something great here! May it last as long as FFXIV is around Wink

RE: Happy 4 Year Anniversary RPC! - Almil - 02-16-2014

Thanks for all your hard work, Kylin! ^^

RE: Happy 4 Year Anniversary RPC! - FreelanceWizard - 02-17-2014

On behalf of everyone, Kylin, thanks for your hard work in building this site and seeing it through the good times and the bad. Your contribution to RP in FFXIV is immeasurable, and I'm not sure we'd have the wonderfully vibrant and strong RP communities on Balmung and Gilgamesh without your support of this site. I hope I can live up to be half the admin you were. Smile