Hydaelyn Role-Players
How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? (/showthread.php?tid=6377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Oli! - 02-17-2014

Oliwat is usually okay with physical contact as long as no one tries to pick him up doll-style.

Or sack-style.

Sack-style is actually much worse and may result in lala-flailing and/or third-degree burns.

He also really likes cheek pinches because Lalas are adorable.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - LandStander - 02-17-2014

(02-17-2014, 02:04 AM)Darien Cadell Wrote: Somewhere in between. He doesn't cuddle unless he's got significant ulterior motives, but he doesn't flinch or back away from touch either, unless the person smells really bad or something.

*Touches all up on Darien*

Denn likes to touch peoples faces...with her fist Tongue. Seriously though, she will ruffle hair, and punch people in a playful matter and doesn't mind the same in return. The only touching that freaks her out a bit are things involving a caring nature or intimacy. Things like hugging and hand holding are not actions she is used to being involved in, so when they happen they make her slightly uncomfortable and nervous.

Ozma doesn't like being touched. She is a serious woman here to do serious business, but apparently being an adorable Lalafell automatically makes people try to scoop her up or treat her like a child. I think the next person that tries to pinch her cheeks will end up getting their hand burned off.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - ArmachiA - 02-17-2014

Loki's fine with it. Whatever. She's not a touchy feely person, considering her more cold nature, but she doesn't not mind being touched or patting someone on the shoulder. Hugging and cuddling and all those things are fine too.

Armi does not like to be touched at all, like at all. She'll jump back if she thinks people are going to touch her. It makes her uncomfortable and embarrassed and she would just prefer not to have to deal with the fall out of someone trying and she freaking out. There's a short list of people who can actually touch her and she doesn't freak out immediately, and an even shorter list of people who can touch her and freaking out doesn't enter her mind at all.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - LandStander - 02-17-2014

(02-17-2014, 05:04 AM)ArmachiA Wrote: Armi does not like to be touched at all, like at all. She'll jump back if she thinks people are going to touch her. It makes her uncomfortable and embarrassed and she would just prefer not to have to deal with the fall out of someone trying and she freaking out. There's a short list of people who can actually touch her and she doesn't freak out immediately, and an even shorter list of people who can touch her and freaking out doesn't enter her mind at all.

She doesn't like to be touched, yet she touches all of our hearts. What a selfish jerk Angry.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Clover - 02-17-2014

Clover is unused to any touch that didn't come from her own family; something as simple as someone else taking her hand is strange, even invasive depending on the situation. She might not be against it sometimes, but it'll always be strange nevertheless.

K'mih is way more receptive. She's too used to hug her friends and family, so she doesn't mind -more like she likes- displays of affection.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Raeras - 02-17-2014

Raeras doesn't mind physical contact. At first, when it came to more romantic things like a kiss or an arm around her waist, etc she would blush a lot being unfamiliar with it all. Though she still blushes now it isn't nearly as bad as before.

In general though, the only physical contact she doesn't like is a surprise poke or hug or something like that xD

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Celeste - 02-17-2014

Celeste has been around the block a few times. So when she's touched, she usually deduces that the reason for it is hostile or sexual and replies quickly with a fist to the head/eye sockets/jaw/temple or a swift kick to the groin/stomach/sternum. This is usually the case 9 times out of 10.

During that 1 time out of 10 it isn't any of those things, she... flips out, basically. She's used to a vagabond's lifestyle and the few people that have helped shown her affection makes her awkward and uncomfortable and she feels bad that it makes her feel awkward and uncomfortable. ;c

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Karaan - 02-17-2014

I have two characters so let do it

Karaan : Doesn't care about being touch or touch people, most of the time he will hug  or shakes hand with people (for him it mostly a formality) with no emotion behind it.  He may become angry if people poke his eye-patch to see what is behind it.

T'iathar : My alt is quite unique, on the outside he will seem distant and will use hug or kiss to lie and entwine people inside his web of lies. But if you start petting him or even caress his tail, the angry/ grumpy miqo'te become an adorable little kitten who almost purr because of that. (But please don't say it to Evie...Tongue)

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Kage - 02-17-2014

Like myself, Kage needs to get used to and familiar with people before he really feels comfortable towards contact. But once he's familiar with someone he really does crave that positive physical contact like one-armed hugs and pats on the head but he doesn't initiate it often (how can you not pat a Lalafell on the head. Perfect size for it!). With new people he feels out of his element and any physical touch except from friends would really startle him. It would rattle him for sure and he wouldn't know how to react and may lash out in some way.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - C'kayah Polaali - 02-17-2014

For C'kayah, it all depends on the context - as with most people, I'd imagine. He's pretty comfortable being touched save when the toucher is someone he doesn't like, in which case the touch really is another move in whatever hostile game they are playing.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Cato - 02-17-2014

I enjoy an element of realism in my role-play, so my character doesn't enjoy it when random strangers start touching him without his permission. It's a shame that so many Miqo'te and Lalafell seem to be portrayed as stupid and excitable children trying desperately to be 'cute' by randomly grabbing anyone they come across.

If it's someone he knows, though? He's a lot more open to it. He'll even flirt quite openly with both men and women if he senses the possibility of mutual attraction - but he doesn't overstep his boundaries by ignoring basic etiquette.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Aldotsk - 02-17-2014

Word of advice:

Never manhandle a Lalafell.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Tahzn Lhethi - 02-17-2014

Tahzn doesn't like being touched at all by anyone she doesn't know.I think the phrase "Touch me and I'll break every damn bone in your body" sums it up rather well.. And she is more than capable of doing so.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Raven Gorehand - 02-17-2014

(02-17-2014, 12:47 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Word of advice:

Never manhandle a Lalafell.

Having a Lalafell around is a privelage and they should be respected!

As for Raven, she's not a fan of touching. She rarely let's people get close enough that it would happen anyway. Maybe if she was to get comfortable enough with someone. So, no celebratory hugs, chest bumps, high fives or holding hands and jumping up and down.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Kieron Lohengrin - 02-17-2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZNVXS4enRw