Hydaelyn Role-Players
How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? (/showthread.php?tid=6377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Bryn - 02-23-2014

Bryn's a big flirt, and loves physicality and affection. Lecherous men placing their hands certain places are likely to have those hands broken, but everything else is all good. Wink

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Aerostein - 02-23-2014

Aero gets shy when touched and usually blushes as he's inexperienced with that sort of thing. Though, he's generally not opposed to it.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Nananomi - 02-24-2014

Despises it, and harbours a deep fear for the stuff.

That's right, a Lalafell who isn't all "cuddle me or ill explode". They exist.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Ciel - 02-24-2014

I think this is actually an interesting question, not one I've given a whole lot of thought to until now.  That said, physical contact is a pretty broad subject, but I'm going to keep it PG-13.

Unless Ciel is well acquainted with someone, she's not keen on having other people touch her.  A handshake in greeting is one thing.  A more formal kiss on the back of the hand is fine, since there's a certain amount of etiquette involved. 

But a random pat on the arm or shoulder, or any other part of her body isn't welcome.  The offender may get a stern "look" from her, since she appreciates at least three ilms of personal space, but anything more "personal" might get a person firmly pushed away or slapped for their intrusion.  If she's willingly in close personal contact with a relative stranger, it pretty much has to be her idea.  She's not above having ulterior motives, and she won't do so without having something in mind.

If she's familiar with someone to a point where she's developed a level of trust - an old friend, a close comrade - she will be more affectionate.  Ciel is not above hugging her friends or showing some gesture of comfort, but public displays are few and far between.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Noeh - 02-24-2014

Wyra would probably wonder why you're touching her before yelling "Hello!" at you.
Torora would likely scream if it was a sudden touch that she couldn't see coming and then hide behind her sister.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - lysian - 02-25-2014

Lysian is always open for friendly touch (Pat on backs, firm handshakes arm over shoulder for a short amount of time).

However if the touch then becomes intimate, Lysian begins to shy away dramatically but not due to anger or being annoyed by other people; Lysian is very unfamiliar with being intimate with a person despite being the 'go to' happy go lucky guy.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Lio Shirazumi - 02-25-2014

Lio would... bite the hand that feeds him...

I know what you're saying, "Bex, the question is about physical touch."

To which I reply, to a cannibal; your hand just became finger food.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Eva - 02-25-2014

I need to come visit these forums more often for these great discussions!!

Eva falls somewhere towards the middle of this particular spectrum. She grew up without a mother of her own, and while her father was well-intentioned, he was not what most would consider particularly affectionate.

Very generally speaking, she doesn't like being jostled in public, and suffers a sort of social anxiety around crowds and larger groups. When people she doesn't know are too close or touch her (whether intentionally or by accident) or otherwise enter what she has called "her bubble" of space, she feels a great discomfort.

Contrary to this, those she does know - even some she has only known a very short time or has just met - she is inclined to adopt a sense of motherhood over. And when friends or acquaintances are hurting somehow, her most natural instinct is to want to hug and protect and nurture. In her own mind she tends to write this off as being inappropriate, and such embraces seldom ever happen due to her overthinking matters. Even with close friends a gesture as simple as placing a hand on a good friend's shoulder who is enduring some struggle will often carry with it a significant amount of forethought.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Xydane - 02-27-2014

I'm going to keep my post rather simple.

Just like IRL, Xydane and I don't tend to "act friendly" towards people touching us when we don't know them. In Xydane's case:

A) You'd probably get punched in the face.
B) You'd most likely get a weapon drawn to your face.
C) Well... this:

[Image: and+now+for+an+ass+kicking.+Everyone+pro...626363.gif]

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - J'dari Tia - 03-01-2014

J'dari has no disliking to friendly touching. Tho, he does hate having his tail yanked hardly. But pats on back, or hugs are accepted.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Zoetrooper - 03-01-2014

Oh goodness. Aoife has a mixture of amusement and irritation. There's an FC member that hits on her and she tends to just arch and eyebrow and say something like "What are you doing?"

If she is comfortable with someone she will give them hugs and just be a little more physical in general, but with people she doesn't know it's interesting and not entirely welcome.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - X'havir Vahl - 03-02-2014

X'havir is fairly ok with casual touching. Especially from people he knows. If he doesn't want it, he'll simply grab your wrist and say no. Or step away.

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Valke - 03-02-2014

Ciel would probably dislike it, although she wouldn't be all that vocal about it. She'd somehow wiggle out of it and then keep her distance or something, unless there's a legit reason for it (ex. a kid holding her hand in a dark place because they're scared?). If they ask first and she agrees to it, there shouldn't be an issue, as long as it's not too invasive. c:

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Edgar - 03-02-2014

My god.

Thank you, guys. Just. Thank you.

I never thought I'd receive so much input from everyone. The openness of this community astounds me on so many levels; I honestly didn't think this topic would get the attention it has.

I love you all~Heart

RE: How Does Your Character React To Physical Touch? - Jael'li - 03-02-2014

Jael'li has no problem with most physical contact, though he regularly tenses up when touched by a female Miqo'te! It's an interesting thing to add to a character like him and it can act as a tertiary thing for him to work on and finally overcome!