Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Community.. just bad - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: RP Community.. just bad (/showthread.php?tid=6418)

RP Community.. just bad - dragonspecpc - 02-20-2014

Well, yet again. I have been lead to believe RPC was a friendly community, only to be proven wrong. My Linkshells, FC and Weekly RP event idea are all not welcome, and met with slander and harassment. So i believe i will be leaving RPC permanently, this time around. I cannot welcome a community that is full of such judgmental, stalker-like, trolls. I can't even believe i bought and subbed to this game. It's no better then WoW's community. Haven't had a single positive experience with people here, or in-game. Such a joke.. Here i thought i could join a nice community, pitch in with my ideas, and create my own rp group. But that has all been a waste of time. This is the last post i make, and the last time i log into this stupid site. If i can't look for rpers on here, without being harassed worse then in-game. . . Why bother. Moderators don't watch or filter the people signing up for accounts, nor do they enforce their rules. Trolls run free all over this threads.

RE: RP Community.. just bad - allgivenover - 02-20-2014

Who are you?

RE: RP Community.. just bad - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-20-2014

Just going to repost what I said in the other thread:

Hey this probably isn't a good place for this, but having interacted with you briefly, and trying to be welcoming and friendly, I understand why you feel that groups are not welcoming. In my experience, you've had a very negative outlook and manner, and are openly scornful of those who don't agree with your views. I'm not trying to call you out, but I feel like I have to defend the RPC and it's LS and FCs because they really are quite welcoming. It's your attitude that's the problem, not them. If you'd like advice on how to fix this, please feel free to PM me.

RE: RP Community.. just bad - Asgarn - 02-20-2014

Bye! Moogle

RE: RP Community.. just bad - Faye - 02-20-2014

I don't know who you are or what these ideas you had were... but the RPC, in my personal experience and from what I've seen of others, has been generally friendly and helpful. Sometimes you may pitch an idea and not get the amount of positive feedback you wanted, but you can't force people to like your ideas and no one here is entitled to support your ideas. If your ideas aren't getting good responses, it's likely your ideas or at least your presentation of them that are the problem, not the community. We're here as a group to build a role-play community, not to specifically support your personal ideas.

RE: RP Community.. just bad - Edgar - 02-20-2014

(02-20-2014, 03:48 PM)dragonspecpc Wrote: Well, yet again. I have been lead to believe RPC was a friendly community, only to be proven wrong. My Linkshells, FC and Weekly RP event idea are all not welcome, and met with slander and harassment. So i believe i will be leaving RPC permanently, this time around. I cannot welcome a community that is full of such judgmental, stalker-like, trolls. I can't even believe i bought and subbed to this game. It's no better then WoW's community. Haven't had a single positive experience with people here, or in-game. Such a joke.. Here i thought i could join a nice community, pitch in with my ideas, and create my own rp group. But that has all been a waste of time. This is the last post i make, and the last time i log into this stupid site. If i can't look for rpers on here, without being harassed worse then in-game. . . Why bother. Moderators don't watch or filter the people signing up for accounts, nor do they enforce their rules. Trolls run free all over this threads.

[Image: OkBye.gif]

RE: RP Community.. just bad - Kage - 02-20-2014

To be honest I tried not to say anything at all.

But based on my /tells with you the first day, I was very put off. I am, always will be, open to /tells from people. I get them from friends I've made or are trying to establish RP with but they also realize that not everyone can make themselves available at all times for them and that some schedules need to be made.

I understand that there are communications issues but I still cannot understand how some of what you sent to me in /tells were not passive aggressive about my not being able to respond to you while I was busy. Then I had to get a "I'm offended that you took it that way" message when I told you that I didn't appreciate the passive aggressive multiple /tells you sent me while busy. It all felt very manipulative and passive aggressive, which as I said was not appreciated or wanted and put me off of wanting to interact with you.

It's still very unfortunate that you feel like you were harassed. I haven't seen any of that sort actually happening here but for some people disagreeing with you. As to your events or ideas, perhaps you just didn't have any ideas that people found workable or interesting.

I hate making anything like this but I also don't like how you seem to want to misrepresent a community that I have found to be welcoming. Based on the /tells I received and some of your recent posts though, I can understand why some people would rather not RP with you. It does not however mean following and harassing you is at all warranted, because it is not.

RE: RP Community.. just bad - Olofantur - 02-20-2014

Sorry to chime in here,

I was wondering what particular issue you had with my welcome posts to other individuals to see if an altering should be made [I, in the past, spoke with people such as Rinh Hallani to get her approval for advertising for certain groups in the past and was wondering if you took issue with me mentioning that you had started an LS].

I attempted to follow up with you in PM but am unable to reach you [Though you added me to your buddy list.] because i'm set to "ignore."

As a final note i'd like to apologize if my "cheers" sounded contrite, I work with a few people from GB, and have picked up their habits over the years.

All the best in your future endeavors.

RE: RP Community.. just bad - Faye - 02-20-2014

Erm. Now that I read the other thread... you're mad at people for recommending information and groups to new members? Even though your own was included? I don't even...

RE: RP Community.. just bad - C'kayah Polaali - 02-20-2014

I've been sitting outside of this argument so far, but I've got to say I was curious about what you've been talking about. It's unfortunate that you decided to delete all your content, so there's no real context to this. That said, what I see are a thread from a week ago where you proposed something that a few people said "sounds like fun, let's chat), as well as two linkshells (one of which doesn't look like it was on either Balmung or Gilgamesh) from the eleventh. I honestly don't see where anyone has reacted to you in any manner that wasn't positive.

I've personally got to stick up for the RPC. I've RPed in games for literally decades, and I find that the RP community here is among the best I've ever experienced. Because of this, I've got to agree with Natalie that the problem doesn't seem to be us.

Anyways, I'm sorry that the RPC wasn't what you're looking for, and I wish you luck in finding an RP community you enjoy.

RE: RP Community.. just bad - Evie - 02-20-2014

dragonspecpc Wrote:Meanie..i was trying to help that new person out, so i could get an active rper for my FC. :/ Way to one up me..

I'm sorry that you interpreted it that way. But if you go look at any of the "hello"/welcome threads many people post stuff about their FCs. Many FCs are recruiting. And I've posted that in several other posts as well. I don't get all of them as I don't spend all my time on the RPC, but I do mention it.

I do not however appreciate that you're accusing me of one-uping you when it is a common occurrence for it to happen. If I wanted to "one-up" you I would have commented on the Piratey themed one as well, but that person would fit better in a piratey themed FC like yours so I didn't make a comment there. This person in question has no clue as to what to do for a character or a guild, so I was BEING HELPFUL by giving other options.

This was the message from this user and the response I would have sent. All I did was what any other FC lead would do and advertise my FC to potential people It was not meant as a "one-up" even though that's how it was interpretted. Here is the post in question.

I was under the impression that ANYONE could respond to welcome posts and advertise their FC, as I have and several others have done countless times. I just wanted to let others be aware of at least, my some how involvement in this issue.

RE: RP Community.. just bad - Kage - 02-20-2014

@Evie: I was wondering how it became a monopoly that only the first poster could comment and share LS/FCs in welcoming people and then get mad when people want to welcome someone as well. It seemed hypocritical to me.

RE: RP Community.. just bad - FreelanceWizard - 02-20-2014

These sorts of threads don't do anyone any good. I could ask what rules are being broken, what sin the mods have committed, and who the alleged trolls are, but nothing positive is going to come of any of that.

At any rate, I'm going to preemptively close this, because I can't imagine what positive discussion, if any, can come of it.

EDIT: While I won't typically comment on any disciplinary/enforcement actions, since the board is commenting for me, I'll say that the OP received a temporary ban for deleting posts inline, repeatedly posting offtopic in a welcome thread, and then starting this thread. Originally, I was just going to levy a warning, but I was getting a bit tired of cleaning up "(deleted)" posts.