Hydaelyn Role-Players
Shameless Artistic License - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Shameless Artistic License (/showthread.php?tid=651)

Pages: 1 2 3

Shameless Artistic License - Chveya - 09-15-2010

I has taken it.

(Freakin' ginormous pic placed behind spoiler for sanity's - and slow connection's - sake)

Show Content

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Satisiun - 09-15-2010

Mein Gott (thank you, resident Deutschlander)!

[Image: 20kp15u.png]

I have no other words (which is shocking).

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Emaraya - 09-15-2010

I don't think the picture to be very... generous in it's offered perspective. So my main concern is... long term draw or computer animation.

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Satisiun - 09-15-2010

... erf. Mistake post. Please to delete?

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Noelle - 09-15-2010

Wow~!

I like it!

She's really sexy! ~♥

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Chveya - 09-15-2010

Emaraya Wrote:I don't think the picture to be very... generous in it's offered perspective. So my main concern is... long term draw or computer animation.

I'm not sure I understand your comment, but in the blind assumption which artists are renowned for, I'll just say thank you. Tongue

Noëlle Wrote:Wow~!

I like it!

She's really sexy! ~♥
Satisiun Wrote:Mein Gott (thank you, resident Deutschlander)!

[Image: 20kp15u.png]

I have no other words (which is shocking).

Thank you both. Smile
I'm working on a second for her.

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Emaraya - 09-15-2010

Blame my small interest in women but I meant the feminine part boys like that much considering your headline. Everything is hidden anyway. Of course it is a very good picture and therefore I speculated if it is a drawn picture or an altered animation. I still like it, so yeah make a blind assumption. Not wrong.

Emaraya Wrote:Blame my small interest in women but I meant the feminine part boys like that much considering your headline. Everything is hidden anyway. Of course it is a very good picture and therefore I speculated if it is a drawn picture or an altered animation. I still like it, so yeah make a blind assumption. Not wrong.

Oh sure! I've got my fair share of less-covered wimmenz in my gallery, but I didn't figure that was appropriate to be posting here. Smile Plus none of them are FF related, so I wanted to stay on topic. The title just refers to the fact that she doesn't -really- look like my character -- I took a little artistic license with it, going beyond a specific match and adding a few things.

It's neither a drawing nor an animation, just a digital 3D render. A pixel-based Barbie, if you will. Smile

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Siben - 09-15-2010

I wasn't aware every picture of a woman had to be full of bulging tits, maybe that's why my comic isn't popular.

Siben Wrote:I wasn't aware every picture of a woman had to be full of bulging tits, maybe that's why my comic isn't popular.

MOAR BEWBS

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Noelle - 09-15-2010

Because every artwork discussion devolves into talk about breasts, I'll ask something else.

I've always admired 3D artwork, but I've never really looked into it.
How long does it take you to do finish a piece, like the picture you posted?

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Gossamer - 09-15-2010

Woah, that's gorgeous. :O

Re: Shameless Artistic License - Siben - 09-15-2010

Noëlle Wrote:Because every artwork discussion devolves into talk about breasts, I'll ask something else.

Which reminds me, how are the breasts on your models actually created? NURBS or Polygons...maybe some soft-body dynamics? Tongue

Noëlle Wrote:Because every artwork discussion devolves into talk about breasts, I'll ask something else.

If I have everything I want / need for a piece, each one takes me anywhere from 1-3 hours. If I don't have what I need, and I have to go find it (I mean, pay for it! Yes!) it can take longer.

The initial set-up part usually only takes me about 30-45 minutes total. Getting a model dressed, pick a skin, hair, eyes, pose, props. Usually I know what I want to do when I go into it, so that part is pretty quick.

Usually, it's lighting and postwork that kicks my butt. Lighting can look GREAT in the pre-render, and look like crap later. So if I get lucky, I may only render the same piece three times -- one of those is usually to fix something I should've caught before, like in this one, I managed to miss her fingers clipping into her sleeve twice before I noticed it. XD

I've had bad days, where I'll render something a dozen times before I get the lighting I want.

And then postwork, if an image needs any -- anything from fixing a clipping issue, to adjusting lighting, to adding filters. This can take as long or as short as you want.

The real time-sucker, when all is said and done, is getting your start-up materials. That takes ages. XD

Now, people who really put time, money, effort and more time into this sort of thing can take 8-24 hours per piece. Sometimes the rendering alone (hair and shadows really makes it take forever) can take hours. I don't get quite that picky, nor do I have a program / machine that'll go to those lengths, so I'd say my average piece runs 2.5 hours per.