Hydaelyn Role-Players
So, I've been gone for awhile - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: So, I've been gone for awhile (/showthread.php?tid=6523)

So, I've been gone for awhile - Tadir - 03-01-2014

So, I've been gone for awhile. I was tempted back to world of warcraft by my friends and I realized something. Ten years on, WoW is a great game. You can try to disagree all you want, but Blizzard has, over the past decade, put together a game that really is fun. I was shocked to realize this. Once I did, I spent a good month and a half rediscovering the early 2000's.

That said, it's time to come back to a younger, but more evolved game. It was great playing with all my friends in WoW again, but Azeroth is not Eorzea. Playing that game gave me a new appreciation for what I already adored. It also let me realize why I spent so much time there and kept going back.

I have a good group of people to play with there. The Twisting Nether Gazette served the exact same function as the RPC does. The difference for me is that I knew people from TNG in real life.

I need to find a Company on the RPC that I can connect with. RP is the only thing that keeps me interested in games. Tadir is my most developed character by far, but I keep putting him off because I can't find anyone to play with. So this is my call to any and all. I've been with the RPC, off and on, since the beginning. It's time for me to settle down and make a home. I'm now actively searching for a Company where a Devious Cartographer can make his home.

I hope to see all of you out in the world.

Thank you for making this community what it is.

~Tadir West

RE: So, I've been gone for awhile - Aldotsk - 03-01-2014

Welcome back! I am not sure if you'd be interested, but Arcadeus definitely needs to have a very good cartographer among in our corporation! Smile Please be sure to speak with me in-game at Balmung. My name is Ellaria Althene. I should be online mostly evenings of Eastern Time.

RE: So, I've been gone for awhile - Aysun - 03-01-2014

Stop disappearing and you could make some dang connections! /scold

Welcome back again. Pretty sure there's some good FC/LSs for a cartographer around. Check up theeeere.  ^

RE: So, I've been gone for awhile - Tadir - 03-01-2014

I don't know what you're talking about at all! I don't disappe...I mean, I rarely dis...well...Oh Hush You!

RE: So, I've been gone for awhile - Lost River - 03-02-2014

Welcome back! Enjoy the festivities and insanity this RPC brings! Woot Woot!

RE: So, I've been gone for awhile - Ignacius - 03-04-2014

I still keep my sub up and drop in to play every now and then.  With that said, I think I'm done with WoW until the new expansion hits.  World of Warcraft is probably my favorite game of the last decade, but Blizzard has a tendency to draw out its expansions and leave us with little to no new content for a while.  Having done my raiding and my Brawler's Guild and rep grind, I'm kind of glad I have FFXIV to fill the gap.

I suppose when I'm bored of FFXIV because I've cleared all the content I wanted to clear, I'll swap back to WoW for a while until Square puts together another expansion.  And so it shall go.

RE: So, I've been gone for awhile - Steel Wolf - 03-04-2014

(03-04-2014, 09:35 AM)Ignacius Wrote: I still keep my sub up and drop in to play every now and then.  With that said, I think I'm done with WoW until the new expansion hits.  World of Warcraft is probably my favorite game of the last decade, but Blizzard has a tendency to draw out its expansions and leave us with little to no new content for a while.  Having done my raiding and my Brawler's Guild and rep grind, I'm kind of glad I have FFXIV to fill the gap.

I suppose when I'm bored of FFXIV because I've cleared all the content I wanted to clear, I'll swap back to WoW for a while until Square puts together another expansion.  And so it shall go.
It's good to have options, really.  :3  Right now I've been pretty heavily re-invested in XIV, but I also have been switching it up with a little bit of Landmark and will likely stuff Wildstar into my rotation once it releases.

On point...welcome back to the OP!  I don't even know you, but I would not mind awfully if we did at some point or another.