Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.2 Dungeon Preview - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 2.2 Dungeon Preview (/showthread.php?tid=6582)

2.2 Dungeon Preview - Nel Celestine - 03-07-2014

http://gamerescape.com/2014/03/07/ffxiv-patch-2-2-dungeon-preview/

[Image: 71bfb44b4ed23abf821880a4bdd756a7a4278daf.png]

Preparations for patch 2.2 are full steam ahead, and in today’s preview, we’ll give you a glimpse of The Lost City of Amdapor, as well as the hard mode Halatali and Brayflox’s Longstop dungeons!

New Dungeons
The Lost City of Amdapor
[Image: 71bfb44b4ed23abf821880a4bdd756a7a4278daf_0.png]

Born in magic, the ancient city of Amdapor lived in splendor and died in agony. As the Fifth Astral Era gave way to the Sixth and the ensuing catastrophe, the agent of Amdapor’s destruction slept. Now, the seal that has held so long is softening like windfallen fruit─and what blind worms writhe behind the skin of the dead city?

Level Requirement | Disciples of War or Magic level 50
Item Level Requirement | Average item level 55 or above
Party Size | Four players
Time Limit | 90 minutes
Quest Name | One Night in Amdapor
Quest Prerequisites | Players must first complete the quest “The Ultimate Weapon.”

Hard Mode Dungeons
Halatali (Hard)

[Image: 71bfb44b4ed23abf821880a4bdd756a7a4278daf_1.png]

Halatali! The very name turns some spines to water and others to steel. Lurid marks of the recent lawlessness remain still, but daily the drudges conquer halls slick with ichor and doorways festooned with things not for gentle eyes. No less deadly for its newly-restored order, the fabled training grounds yearn for new blood─perhaps to brighten the freshly-scrubbed walls of its vast chambers.

Brayflox’s Longstop (Hard)

[Image: 71bfb44b4ed23abf821880a4bdd756a7a4278daf_2.png]

Brayflox’s Longstop is overrun with forces of the Illuminati; the furious goblin scholars are bent on recovering a secret recipe centuries in the making and a moment in the filching. Having been pressed into service as Brayflox’s boon companion, you have no choice but to disregard the facts of her thievery and defend the Longstop from all those who would seize it from its rightful holder.
Halatali (Hard) Brayflox’s Longstop (Hard)

Level Requirement | Disciples of War or Magic level 50 | Disciples of War or Magic level 50
Item Level Requirement | Average item level 55 or above | Average item level 55 or above
Party Size | Four players | Four players
Time Limit | 90 minutes | 90 minutes
Quest Name | This Time’s for Fun | Curds and Slay
Quest Prerequisites | Players must first complete the quest “The Ultimate Weapon.” | Players must first complete the quest “The Ultimate Weapon.”

* Development screenshots are subject to change.

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - Kage - 03-07-2014

I'm reminded of the fact that I haven't even unlocked any of the HM dungeons or Pharos Sirius but the most important thing on my mind right now.

Brayflox is a GIRL?? O.O!

And longstop needs cleaning. Lots of cleaning D:

but wait

"“After a tiring journey across Eorzea, it is deep within the quiet jungles of Raincatcher Gully where the charismatic and enterprising young goblin, Brayflox Alltalks, chooses to build his tiny empire. What he does not realize, however, it that something else -something sinister- has also made the lush forest its home. Now driven from their rightful (?) claim, Brayflox and his brethren seek to retake the land, and are not above asking the help of lesser races (that would be you) to help them do so.” "

D:

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - Rinette - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 10:49 AM)ExKage Wrote: Brayflox is a GIRL?? O.O!

I think that bit is just a typo on GamerEscape's part. I too thought Brayflox was a guy.

Onto the main topic: After my experiences in WoW I've never been a big fan of reusing dungeons for max level characters but SE has been doing it right. The remodeled hard mode is great with it's new "story" making it feel like you have a reason to be going back there after having defeated it at lower levels. Copperbell mines is my favorite so far although Brayflox sounds like it might be fun.

I'm excited to read the quests associated with the Lost City of Amdapor. I was sad when the Scholar quests were over because lost civilizations are always fascinating to me.

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - TheWizard - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 02:46 PM)Rinette Wrote: I'm excited to read the quests associated with the Lost City of Amdapor. I was sad when the Scholar quests were over because lost civilizations are always fascinating to me.

I too am most excited about getting more Amdapori lore, partly due to my main being a scholar of ancient civilizations and my own fascination with ruins and lore.

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - Kannadi - 03-07-2014

Quote:Brayflox is a GIRL?? O.O!

In FFXI, goblin names ending in -ix are male (Fickblix) and those ending in -ox are female (Leadavox). It would be easy to carry that over to FFXIV.

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - Kage - 03-07-2014

Well I'm just a little confused because as I quoted from journal Brayflox is gendered male in that text. So it just caught my eye.

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - UltraFennec - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 05:35 PM)Kannadi Wrote:

In FFXI, goblin names ending in -ix are male (Fickblix) and those ending in -ox are female (Leadavox). It would be easy to carry that over to FFXIV.

I think it might actually be reversed in XIV. Sweetnix Rosycheeks (in Proper Procedure) is referred to as female by the other NPC in the quest.

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - Austratus - 03-08-2014

Nope, it's being carried over. I'm still going to think of Brayflox as male, though. 

The entire thing is just awkward, now.

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - synaesthetic - 03-09-2014

At least with Square's take on "hard mode" dungeons, they actually change the layout and enemies significantly, including all-new bosses rather than the same old bosses with more HP and a few extra abilities.

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - Kage - 03-10-2014

(03-08-2014, 11:43 PM)Austratus Wrote: Nope, it's being carried over. I'm still going to think of Brayflox as male, though. 

The entire thing is just awkward, now.

I am so, so confused now haha @_@;

RE: 2.2 Dungeon Preview - Entity - 03-27-2014

(03-07-2014, 05:35 PM)Kannadi Wrote:

So Sweetnix Rosycheeks is a guy then? XD