Hydaelyn Role-Players
Player in Need - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Player in Need (/showthread.php?tid=6622)

Player in Need - Candor - 03-12-2014

Like many of you, I'm beginning to feel the drag of FFXIV, the game better known as Raiders' Paradise. I'm not blind to the game's merits, and I love the token gestures made on SE's part to their RP community - we can wave from a sitting position! Small, but good luck finding that in another MMO, or just something as simple as sitting on chairs (I'm looking at you, SWToR.)

Unlike many of you, the drag of FFXIV's end game is much worse for me. I run the game on a bargain rig from CostComp, on sale for $99.99, buy one get one free. (Not really, but close enough.) If you've ever seen my character, Sion Gyr, moving throughout the world, you know what I mean. While mounted on his faithful chickenhawk, he's still outrun by others out for a casual stroll. In other words, I had to be carried through Garuda HM, and anything beyond Titan HM is literally impossible for me to play due to system lag.

Now we come to my belated point - I get 99.9% of my fun in this game from RP. (That final 0.1% is reserved for ogling highlander women.) In the beginning, the RP was fresh and abundant, and no matter where I went, I was tackled by mobs of ravenous RPers looking to claim another body for their brood. These days, not so much. Now it seems like RP is all but non-existent outside Ul'dah, and the RP in Ul'dah is mired by a race of which FC dedicated to saving Eorzea can recruit the untagged characters faster.

Sadly, things have ground to a halt for me. I even caught myself considering trying SWToR again, and then I remembered I'd rather swallow a shot of ground glass. I tried putting together my own FC, and quickly learned that one ambitious writer does not a FC leader make. My character holds several large community LSs, but even they're slowing down.

So too many paragraphs later, I'm asking for help.

HELP!

I'm looking for RP and I can't find anything beyond slice of life tavern RP at the Quicksand. So if there's anyone, any FC, any LS, looking for people, I would be thrilled to hear from you. As stated in previous threads, I play a down-to-earth concept, with no superpowers. Sion Gyr is just a (very manly) man, and I would love to lend him to engaging RP.

Anyone out there?

RE: Player in Need - Faye - 03-12-2014

Hey there! Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. We also have an IC LS. We'd be happy to have you! You can learn more about us here or on our site. Please contact me if you're interested! Also, I'm happy to RP anytime so feel free to approach me if you see me around! I believe our characters have met once before.

RE: Player in Need - Adolar - 03-12-2014

I think the RP community is kind of dwindling down because of the usual lull that occurs between huge updates in MMOs. People are getting burnt out and just don't feel like playing for a while. I'm assuming it will pick up again once things like personal housing and new end-game content gets released. I'm pretty sure the ridiculous FC housing prices probably turned away a lot of RPers as well (it was quite a problem for our FC since the goal of ours centered around housing in the first place).

Anywho, I usually tend to dislike tavern RP myself so I would love to get involved with some sort of conflict or story arc with you but we're not on the same server. Sad I wish you the best of luck though.

RE: Player in Need - Aysun - 03-12-2014

This is the between-patch lull. People burn out really quickly and flip around between MMOs a lot.

That's totally not much comfort, I know. XD I see plenty of people running around with the x-RP FC tags these days to know that there are still a ton of RPers out there, but finding open-world RP is a bit of a pain during these times of slowness!

Just know you're not alone!

RE: Player in Need - Nykkus Trachspyr - 03-13-2014

Unsung Heroes has a large RP presence, and having someone dedicated purely to that would be great. We have both social and Academy RP storylines going on, not to mention plenty of RP adventures. We also do end-game, but have several members who do either one or the other.

There would be positions open for both research/teaching/student/ally types within the FC. If any of this sounds interesting, let myself, Zanin Briggs, or Elisea Renyven know and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

RE: Player in Need - Elisea Renyven - 03-13-2014

Actually, get with me tomorrow Sion. I'll be around and we can visit a bit. Or what Nykkus said, we tend to do ALOT of rp, events, etc.

RE: Player in Need - Val - 03-13-2014

What everyone has said here already, feel free to send me a message in game and I'll try to get any of my characters to meet up with yours for RP fun Smile

RE: Player in Need - Roen - 03-13-2014

*waves* 

99.9% of enjoyment in RP.  Playing a regular (but manly) guy. GREAT! You are my type of player!  Big Grin

Aaand probably a lot of other folks too.  *Points up* HoD is a great FC from what I hear. Night Blades (the FC I am in) also very plot driven. And Equilibrium and Unsung Heroes, from what I read in another thread.  There are still great RP driven FCs out there (more than I mentioned), I am sure of it, if that is what you seek.

I just like to RP.  Regular person, nothing supernaturally strong. An ordinary person thrown into certain extraordinary circumstances.  I like those stories.

Feel free to contact me if you just need some RP. I am sure we can come up with something.  Maybe even a highlander woman for you to ogle at for the 0.1%. (sadly though, my main is a midlander. Alas! Tongue )

RE: Player in Need - Evie - 03-13-2014

Howdy!

First off...Don't do it! Don't give in to the SWTOR temptation.

Secondly, if you'd like to take a look Equilibrium is a dual sided FC, good characters and bad. So you can choose your own story...or play both sides and keep your true loyalties a secret. We have a website where you can look at the lore of how the two groups came to be or you can find it here on the Linkshell page. If you have questions feel free to message me here or in game on Evelyn Strider. Smile

RE: Player in Need - Magellan - 03-13-2014

Pretty much went through this exact same thing . Unfortunately rp is not enough to gloss over for when you realze: wow, I really don't like this game. Because at that point, shouldn't you just be tabletop or forum rping?

RE: Player in Need - Gar - 03-13-2014

I very much feel where you're coming from.

Its been a very unique experience trying to find a place in the RP community of this game. I think part of it is just because it takes time to form the RP "places." Yes, there's the Quicksand, but it leaves a bad taste in plenty of people's mouths.

Hell, even trying to get in contact with other people or groups seems to be harder than usual. I made a post similar to this at one point, and never could get a hold of anyone who had responded so I just let it drop.

So I'm not gonna drop an ad for my group or anything. If you want to meet my character or any of my friends ICly, let me know. I'd love to get to know your character. I miss getting to know the complexities of people's characters.

But if we never do meet in the game, I seriously with you the best of luck. There's a lot of great times to be had in this game. Just gotta dig for 'em sometimes.

RE: Player in Need - Erik Mynhier - 03-13-2014

(03-12-2014, 06:38 PM)Gyr Wrote: Like many of you, I'm beginning to feel the drag of FFXIV, the game better known as Raiders' Paradise. I'm not blind to the game's merits, and I love the token gestures made on SE's part to their RP community - we can wave from a sitting position! Small, but good luck finding that in another MMO, or just something as simple as sitting on chairs (I'm looking at you, SWToR.)

Unlike many of you, the drag of FFXIV's end game is much worse for me. I run the game on a bargain rig from CostComp, on sale for $99.99, buy one get one free. (Not really, but close enough.) If you've ever seen my character, Sion Gyr, moving throughout the world, you know what I mean. While mounted on his faithful chickenhawk, he's still outrun by others out for a casual stroll. In other words, I had to be carried through Garuda HM, and anything beyond Titan HM is literally impossible for me to play due to system lag.

Now we come to my belated point - I get 99.9% of my fun in this game from RP. (That final 0.1% is reserved for ogling highlander women.) In the beginning, the RP was fresh and abundant, and no matter where I went, I was tackled by mobs of ravenous RPers looking to claim another body for their brood. These days, not so much. Now it seems like RP is all but non-existent outside Ul'dah, and the RP in Ul'dah is mired by a race of which FC dedicated to saving Eorzea can recruit the untagged characters faster.

Sadly, things have ground to a halt for me. I even caught myself considering trying SWToR again, and then I remembered I'd rather swallow a shot of ground glass. I tried putting together my own FC, and quickly learned that one ambitious writer does not a FC leader make. My character holds several large community LSs, but even they're slowing down.

So too many paragraphs later, I'm asking for help.

HELP!

I'm looking for RP and I can't find anything beyond slice of life tavern RP at the Quicksand. So if there's anyone, any FC, any LS, looking for people, I would be thrilled to hear from you. As stated in previous threads, I play a down-to-earth concept, with no superpowers. Sion Gyr is just a (very manly) man, and I would love to lend him to engaging RP.

Anyone out there?

Ok Gyr, I'm not going to slap you with an invite to my FC. But I do have a really, really, really, meaty RP starting man, and I need people. Me and my buddy, the other guy running it both feel that this will be the best rp we've been in a while. We had our start to it a few nights ago and it was outstanding. You may not remember but we RP'ed a bit back at launch, so I know you're good. I need good players man. Give it a try before you quit or something. This is definitely not a tavern RP.

PS, maybe we can do something about that Titan HM run.

Also, anyone who reads this and thinks "That seems interesting. I wonder what Erik has gotten into that he is so impressed over? I wonder if I can play?" The answer is yes, find me in game. We are taking the RP back from the taverns.