Hydaelyn Role-Players
(Balmung) Adventurer's Free Company of the Crows Idea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: (Balmung) Adventurer's Free Company of the Crows Idea (/showthread.php?tid=6638)

(Balmung) Adventurer's Free Company of the Crows Idea - PSN-braydend - 03-13-2014

Hello there again my fellow roleplayers! Today I come to you with an idea. Now before we start, as I was searching through the threads, I also noticed that a man from the legacy RP server had decided to use this (close to the) same idea into a LS. However, I would like to take said idea, and turn it into a full time FC. Typically, a Free Company is relatively hard to build on your own, especially an RP one at that. But I think that there are other people who would firmly enjoy this style of FC, and that's why I'm here.

So far, I've got the idea down. An FC that consists of your every day adventurer's and then some. The chat would be used as walk-talkie like means, and there would be a LS for OOC to setup events, meet ups, and chat with others in and outside of the Free Company. For those still leveling, we could RP whilst doing quests, fates, dungeons, or whatever! There would be an HQ (Until a house is bought) that is agreed upon by all, that we would meet, discuss events, or plan changes to the FC.

In the beginning, the RP could be anywhere from camping, travelling to hunting some rare animals, clearing a dungeon , all while being in character. But, if enough crafters/gatherers join, we could begin branching off into jobs for other FC's such as supplying certain gear, weapons, foods, potions, furniture, etc... in exchange for gil, valued items, or whatever we could use to help the FC grow. This is just an idea so far mind you, no such thing has been established yet.

Even if the idea above doesn't work out, we will still branch off into different RP's as it builds, while keeping them all on the same story. Such as having an exploration group (Players still questing and leveling that wish to include it in there RP), Dungeon Runners (Players running dungeons in character), and heck, even a group that runs a local inn if enough players wanted. Smile If you have an idea, feel free to write it in the comments.

When, say roleplaying an adventure: In the daytime, we would travel, fight, explore unknown areas, and whatever our hearts desired. At night, we eat and drink at the nearest Inn, tell fine tales of past experiences and the people we met, or camp out the night and cook a home meal under the stars and hope for the best. Always looking for the next task, the next settlement. 

This is all I have thought up so far. Aside from this, it would require more than just I leading this. It would need a few leaders that are experienced in RP'ing, interviewing possible candidates, and teaching some of the newer players the ropes. I think that this could become something big if planned and executed properly. 

If you're interested and have any questions or believe that you'd be fit to help lead this Free Company, contact me in game. My name is Laurentius Vexen, either send me a letter, or private message me if I'm online. This post has been edited, and the character is new, so feel free to pitch any pointers! ^_^

RE: (Gilgamesh) Adventurer's Free Company of the Crows Idea - PSN-braydend - 03-14-2014

And one of the first things to discuss. Would it be a better idea to start this on Balmung? I'd have to restart from scratch and everything, but is the RP community really better there?

RE: (Gilgamesh) Adventurer's Free Company of the Crows Idea - PSN-braydend - 03-14-2014

So, just made a new character on Balmung. Laurentius Vexen. If you'd like to help me on my grind, or RP sometime, or wish to talk about helping create the FC, contact me. Smile