Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning Player - How to find 'the' FC For you? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Returning Player - How to find 'the' FC For you? (/showthread.php?tid=6652)

Returning Player - How to find 'the' FC For you? - FaeLeon - 03-15-2014

Greetings!

I recently decided to return to FFXIV after a 3 month hiatus [Silly real-life health-stuff!], and I situated myself on the Server "Balmung" due to it's reputation for roleplay.

I was an active roleplayer on World of Warcraft, and other MMO's - but I'm not exactly sure how to catch my break, so to speak.

How does one find the roleplay Free Company for them? I need friends! Haha.

More over, is there a 'returning players guide to roleplay', or something?

My character is a Hyur Highlander woman, and by nature I tend to gravitate towards Neutral-good characters for myself. 

So.. in summary:
1. How do I find Roleplay on Balmung?
2. How do I find a Free Company?
3. Oh lordy, I need a lore brush-up.

RE: Returning Player - How to find 'the' FC For you? - Steel Wolf - 03-15-2014

1. I LOVE the Events Calendar for this one....it's a great way to sort of chip in to what might otherwise feel like an insurmountable wall of people and personalities.  Put yourself in to as many events as your real life schedule can allow.
  2. The "Linkshells" link on this site is a good place to start sniffing around for an RPFC or other folks to reach out to.  They all are really descriptive, and fit a variety of character styles and group styles, from pirates to archaeological societies to travelling entertainment troupes to assassin guilds.  That'd be my first suggestion.
  3. There's lore threads around this site somewhere, I'm just too bloody lazy to look them up...  XD  I'd suggest the wiki link, though, to give a bit of a primer on how this game's world shapes up.

I no longer play myself, but I, and a great many others, will be more than willing to help you out with any questions you might have. Welcome to the RPC, and to Eorzea! ^^

RE: Returning Player - How to find 'the' FC For you? - ArmachiA - 03-15-2014

1. Quicksand is popular, also RPC's events calander is excellent for this! Get into a good FC that will push you to RP with them once your comfortable. Find someone who knows all the hotspots. It's can be intimidating at first, I really think finding a good FC - or LS if your freelance - will really help with this.

2. Look at the LS section of these very forums! Also ask Guild Leaders about their FC. I run the Night Blades and I love it when people come to me with questions about my FC - even if it doesn't fit them in the end.

3. LORE! I love Lore. You can ask me whatever. Send me a PM, ask in this thread, or send me a Tell in the game. I'm on as Armi usually when I'm idling. I will definitely help you with lore.

RE: Returning Player - How to find 'the' FC For you? - Faye - 03-15-2014

1. Watch the events calender here, look for some RP buddies on these forus, and lurk around the Adventurer's Guilds, particularly the Quicksand in Ul'dah! It also helps to join an RP FC and RP LS's, of course. Just don't be shy--feel free to approach other role-players!

2. I would recommend checking out the linkshell hall here, browsing for FC's on Enjin, or contacting the leaders of the RP FC's you stumble across in-game. If it would interest you, Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. We also have an IC LS. We'd be happy to have you! You can learn more about us here or on our site. 

3. The wiki here has a lot of lore, as do a few random threads in the forums here and there. And of course, simply pay attention to quest text!

RE: Returning Player - How to find 'the' FC For you? - Xenedra - 03-15-2014

In this post:
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1821

-Which is stickied in the welcome forum which a bunch of useful info, there's a lore section with several lore posts collected. Have a look!

RE: Returning Player - How to find 'the' FC For you? - FaeLeon - 03-15-2014

Wow! Lots of helpful folks! Haha Smile

I can't wait to surf the site some more, and hopefully find a FC To call "home"!

RE: Returning Player - How to find 'the' FC For you? - synaesthetic - 03-18-2014

A short guide on how to find the best Free Company, in three easy steps!

1) Point your browser of choice to unity-arr.enjin.com.
2) Click on the "Recruitment" tab.
3) Fill out the application!

Cool