Hydaelyn Role-Players
Opinions requested! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Opinions requested! (/showthread.php?tid=667)

Opinions requested! - Chveya - 09-18-2010

I'm tinkering with some last-minute face-adjustments for Chveya, and thought I'd ask for opinions. Smile

What do y'all think?

[attachment=0]

Re: Opinions requested! - Trizzip - 09-18-2010

The different color eyes really stand out to me, so I base the character's look around those eyes. What I get form the eyes is a mysterious and formidable individual. #2 is way too friendly looking and #1's forehead distracts from those eyes. I feel #3 best compliments those eyes.

Re: Opinions requested! - Chveya - 09-19-2010

Brin Ahlrine Wrote:The different color eyes really stand out to me, so I base the character's look around those eyes. What I get form the eyes is a mysterious and formidable individual. #2 is way too friendly looking and #1's forehead distracts from those eyes. I feel #3 best compliments those eyes.

I keep thinking option 1 just looks sad. But the eyes and hair style/color are the pieces I'm most attached to; and I'm obsessively fond (for some reason) of the facepaint. I just forgot it when I put together pic 1. XD

Re: Opinions requested! - Zyanya - 09-19-2010

I think that #1 has the most unique look of the 3 and so it is the one that I particularly like. Smile

Re: Opinions requested! - Kejira - 09-19-2010

#1 The markings make you focus on the eyes and overall face, the face markings make the skin looks darker which complement the eyes, making them look darker and bigger, without the markings the eyes would have looked too small for the face, the markings also make the nose look wider, which isn't bad as it add to the face and don't take anything away, i like this one the most as it have the most charter and is so unique

#2 Make you focus on eyes and hair, it make you focus on the eyes because of how wide they are and also because of the darkness from the eyebrows, the face paint fir here as a contrast to the darkness of the eyebrows which again make you focus on the eyes even more

#3 Make you focus on the forehead, as the eyes seem smaller then they are because of how light the eyebrows are, here the face paint helps a little to focus on the eyes but it isn't allot and you nearly don't notice the markings here as they are hidden by the hair

but overall i think it''s a little hard to jude as the angle from where you look don't show everything.

Re: Opinions requested! - Gossamer - 09-19-2010

What sort of character is she supposed to be?

#1 strikes me as someone who has a bit of a downer personality.

#2 strikes me as someone who is very innocent and friendly.

#3 strikes me as someone who could be a bit promiscuous or mysterious? Though this is probably my least favorite, as I think just those features put together make her look a bit odd.

Purely appearance-wise, I think I prefer #2. The markings on her cheeks really make the eyes pop out.

Re: Opinions requested! - Asytra - 09-19-2010

Option 2 seems much closer to your sig.

Re: Opinions requested! - Chveya - 09-20-2010

I'm surprised, both that the opinions are almost evenly balanced -- in most cases you tend to see a sizable majority leaning towards one or another -- and that the one in the lead is option 1.

The model I rolled with during beta was closest to option 3, so I'd gotten sort of attached to her, and I'd thought version 1 looked really sad; but I'm told that if I fiddle with her eye shape or maybe choose a different mouth it won't be so depressed-looking. So I might try that! Smile

Re: Opinions requested! - Asyria - 09-20-2010

True, eye shape makes a huge difference in the overall feel of a face.
The one I ended up taking for Azy, when I choose the Face, I didn't like it at first, but I liked the tattoo options... then I changed the eyes and I had it.

Re: Opinions requested! - Chveya - 09-20-2010

Asyria Wrote:True, eye shape makes a huge difference in the overall feel of a face.
The one I ended up taking for Azy, when I choose the Face, I didn't like it at first, but I liked the tattoo options... then I changed the eyes and I had it.

Some of the eye shapes are SO subtle. I gotta admit, though, that the darker nose is just -cute-. And seems to add another layer of cat-ishness, I guess you could say. XD