Hydaelyn Role-Players
The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah (/showthread.php?tid=6706)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Erik Mynhier - 03-21-2014

((Found posted throughout Thanalan))

[Image: 150px-Uldah_Flag_XIV.jpg]
The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah
This is a public notice to invite the citizens of Thanalan to a celebration to be held by Her Majesty, Sultana Nanamo Ul Namo. This blessed event, which is to be a Royal Ball, is to be held in the City of Ul'dah at a date to be announced. This event is open to all, by Her Highness' kindness, even to citizens of other nations. The planning and execution of this event shall be the honor of Her Majesty's own Sultansworn, with support from the Immortal Flames. Lead planning shall be under the joint command of Ser Mynhier and Ser Mcbeef. Anyone wishing to volunteer their aid with this most joyous event shall seek out the Sultansworn mentioned above. Please keep watch for further details of this event.

Ser. Eirikir Mynhier, FCPT

((With the coming 2.2 we are getting new dance emotes, dresses and formal wear. I believe it is time we hold a Royal Ball don't you? If you are interested please post here. I would like to wait a week or two after 2.2 drops to give people the time to unlock the clothes and new dance moves. Also if you would post a good time for you to be on so we can set a date that will be best for all.))

- Update -
I am leading this up with support from Natalie Mcbeef.

- Update -
Everyone on Balmung is welcomed, it is an Ul'dah event, but foreign visitors often come to such events so feel free to come out.

- Update -
Since only part of the RP population uses this forum I am inviting many of the larger groups personally. Please feel free to pass this along as well, either IC or OOC.

- Update -
The Ball will be large enough in area. I will post a map in a few days showing the three areas open to be used.

- Update -
Aryianna Nightshade has volunteered kindly to aid us in making gowns for those in need. Understand though that this aid is only to newer players who may be unable to afford or craft them. Honor system.

- Update -
The topic was moved to the Event forum.

- Update -
The time and date for the Ball was set to Wednesday, April 9th, running from 6PM to 3AM EST (3PM to Midnight PST). This is not the best time for some people I know and I am sorry, but the time was decided by input from people on the forums as well as those in-game.

- The default background music will be the Distant Worlds albums, seems fitting. Here is a playlist.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Val - 03-21-2014

This sounds wonderful Big Grin I know a few couples that would be more than happy to attend!

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Pondahl - 03-21-2014

What Val said~  This sounds pretty darn awesome, and so long as it's even remotely GMT-friendly, ah'll be attending Big Grin

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Sophia_Grave - 03-21-2014

Formalwear, WHAT?

I want!

Oh yea, this looks like a lot of fun too, I'll be there.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Evie - 03-21-2014

Count me and Equlibrium in!

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Ragnar - 03-21-2014

Sounds like a good time! I will certainly attend. Afternoons and evenings CST work best for me.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Kage - 03-21-2014

((BUT I DON'T HAVE FORMAL WEAR DDD: And I'm hoping to see some better ones than the ones they've previewed. A lot of them look pretty ugly otherwise I'll make an Infantry shirt outfit. Hopefully))

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Arianne Beaudonet - 03-21-2014

Sounds like a lot of fun! I could see Arielle attending this. I'm in the central time zone and usually up fairly late (1am cst usually), so I'm pretty much open to any time as long as it's not much later than that.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - McBeefâ„¢ - 03-21-2014

Yeah, I'm excited. It should be pretty fun, Big Grin. I don't know how hard it is going to be to get the new stuff, but this will be a good place to show it off!

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Kage - 03-21-2014

(03-21-2014, 12:27 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Yeah, I'm excited. It should be pretty fun, Big Grin. I don't know how hard it is going to be to get the new stuff, but this will be a good place to show it off!

If the dyeable infantry/battlemage etc, stuff are actually i.90 crafted... it's going to put a wrench in my formal wear plans.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Melodia - 03-21-2014

I think this would be fun. I better get a decent outfit together though! Dazed

I am usually on in the evenings, 4 pm - 10 pm EST (sometime in that timeframe).

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - MrPoopyButtHole - 03-21-2014

Sounds like a great idea to me. Can one come without pants on though? Cool

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - C'kayah Polaali - 03-21-2014

Count me in, though I don't know how much of the new gear I'll be able to get.

Pacific time nights work best for me.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Erik Mynhier - 03-21-2014

As a special note to Kage, if you have nothing to wear you could always help me run it and come in uniform. In fact anyone wanting to come in uniform in lue of formal wear is welcome as this is a Royal ball, and in rl Europe, at least Holland, military attire is fine in such events. That said if the new clothes require questing, we can run it together.

To everyone else I'm thinking with timezones stretching from PST to GMT, EST (not my timezone mind you) seems to be the best in way of fairness. How does 1500 est to 1700 est (3:00 EST to 5:00 EST) sound to everyone?

As far as day I'm thinking a Wednesday or Thursday. I have to work the weekends as a nurse, and Monday and Friday as a Chaplin, so those days are hard for me and I would like to go to.

Give me some more feedback and we'll finalize this. Also I need a few craftsmen to help out, any good crafters really. The new clothes will likely be Weavers domain, so if we can gather some mats I'm wondering if some weavers would mind crafting the new outfits for players who may not have the gil or crafting level to make it themselves.

RE: The First Annual Royal Ball of Ul'dah - Ragnar - 03-21-2014

Wednesdays work best for me but I can swing Thursdays if need be. The times are fine.