Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hi--I'm New. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hi--I'm New. (/showthread.php?tid=6743)

Hi--I'm New. - Celaira - 03-24-2014

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Well, I'm 19, turning 20 in May. So that you know, I'm legally blind, so if I don't respond to your messages in game, it's because the chat is hard for me to see and I didn't know that there was a message for me. Currently, I'm not in school, or working, so I have a lot of free time. 

My hobbies are literally just: Gaming, Role-playing, and writing stories in general.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Show Content

RE: Hi--I'm New. - Magellan - 03-24-2014

Hello and welcome to the community!

RE: Hi--I'm New. - Celaira - 03-24-2014

Thank you, Magellan. :3

RE: Hi--I'm New. - Gar - 03-24-2014

Welcome to Final Fantasy!

I could be totally wrong, but it sounded like you wanted to make a Black Mage, but wanted to be clear she wasn't "evil." A lot of the jobs in this game have really interesting lore behind them. I won't tell you anything about the job quests, but I will say that although some people see thaumaturgy and black mages as dark, evil people, its really not always the case. They just use the aether to blow things up, as opposed to healing like conjurers and white mages. But the game's made it clear that even white mages used their magic for selfish gain, so really its all in the attitude of the holder.

If that's not what you meant at all, ignore that. I just know its a little tricky when you're first coming in to get a sense of how everything fits in the lore.

Heterochromia happens in Miqo'tes, and somewhere in the game text they mention something about them seeing it as a good thing. I'm sure someone knows better on that one, but point is it'd fully fit if your Miqo'te had mismatched eyes.

And there are loads of Miqo'te of both tribes in Ul'dah, and really all the major city-states. A lot have gone away from traditional tribal life for a more city-oriented life.

I hope you enjoy the game! If you need help with anything, really don't be afraid to ask. A lot of people, like me, sit around some days hoping someone needs help with PvE or RP or whatever. The community is pretty helpful as a whole.

Your character sounds like she'll be fun to play. Maybe I'll run into you in Eorzea.

RE: Hi--I'm New. - Celaira - 03-24-2014

(03-24-2014, 08:34 PM)Garryson Wrote: Welcome to Final Fantasy!

I could be totally wrong, but it sounded like you wanted to make a Black Mage, but wanted to be clear she wasn't "evil." A lot of the jobs in this game have really interesting lore behind them. I won't tell you anything about the job quests, but I will say that although some people see thaumaturgy and black mages as dark, evil people, its really not always the case. They just use the aether to blow things up, as opposed to healing like conjurers and white mages. But the game's made it clear that even white mages used their magic for selfish gain, so really its all in the attitude of the holder.

If that's not what you meant at all, ignore that. I just know its a little tricky when you're first coming in to get a sense of how everything fits in the lore.

Heterochromia happens in Miqo'tes, and somewhere in the game text they mention something about them seeing it as a good thing. I'm sure someone knows better on that one, but point is it'd fully fit if your Miqo'te had mismatched eyes.

And there are loads of Miqo'te of both tribes in Ul'dah, and really all the major city-states. A lot have gone away from traditional tribal life for a more city-oriented life.

I hope you enjoy the game! If you need help with anything, really don't be afraid to ask. A lot of people, like me, sit around some days hoping someone needs help with PvE or RP or whatever. The community is pretty helpful as a whole.

Your character sounds like she'll be fun to play. Maybe I'll run into you in Eorzea.

This was very helpful! Thank you for both the information, and the welcome. I appreciate it ^^

RE: Hi--I'm New. - Magellan - 03-25-2014

(03-24-2014, 06:10 PM)Celaira Wrote:
Show Content

Given that the game kind of takes a 'cultural melting pot' approach to the city-states... that things such as miqo dancing girl slave trade exists... that a lot of us are, in effect playing adventurers who travel all over the world... I wouldn't say there are plenty of reasons for a keeper to be in Ul'dah. There's also plenty of material there to work with... if she is used to cool, dark places, would the sun and heat really get to her? What led her, or her family to move to Ul'dah in the first place? What attracted her to her profession of choice?

Tensions in Gridania between wood wailers (primarily elezen) and poachers ( a lot of them keepers) would give her plenty of reason not to live in Gridania, and to seek someplace new ^_^

As for the eye thing, I think it's fairly rare, but you will see it from time to time.