Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello (/showthread.php?tid=6770)

Hello - Mae - 03-26-2014

So... hi. I'm not horribly good at introductions, so bear with me.

I'm just new to the RPC -- I've been on the server since one of the invite-Beta's, and RPing mostly in out-of-the-way areas.

My roleplay background extends back to when pen-and-paper was the most common medium, and includes some LARPing, various forms of forum-based RP, and time spent RPing in Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft (don't get uppity, my server wasn't one of the notorious ones), and a few other games that have come and gone since then. I eventually went back to FFXI because the changes the game was going through (I had left it for WoW because XI was suuuuch a massive time-sink even for the most minor tasks), and was pleasantly surprised with the changes that did affect me. I actually still play and RP there.

Let's see... what else... My play style leans towards making characters that are very fluid in their morality and minor/intermediate goals. I like dabbling with grayscale-areas, and as long as I'm given an option on extent/heads up beforehand I am usually open to taking an injury that benefits a scenario. I am not against my characters getting into relationships, but under no circumstances will I participate in ERP (just wanted to make that part clear, as I've come across several people/groups on the server that seem to think that RPing relationships means/requires going out and exploring the differences between boys and girls). I'm not a big fan of tavern/tea-party RP; I'd rather be out and RPing doing something outside the cities. 

Me personally, I'm female and married. I currently do not have a job (by choice; I'm basically on year two of a three-year vacation). My husband is a cross-country truck driver, and I live on the truck with him. It's been an interesting couple years. I've been to each state, seen lots of interesting things. Before this, I've worked at a hardware store, garden center, as a restaurant dishwasher, done home-care for physically disabled, custodial work, and did the typical array of teenage jobs (fast food, gas stations, etc.).

I'm also an artist and writer... I don't know how good I really am, but people seem to like/request stuff from me at times so I have to assume that I don't suck at either. I'm also starting to get into fabric/felt crafty-stuff: scarves, hair-clips, barefoot sandals, plushies (I'm writing this while taking a break from making a pattern for a wind-up sylph plushie) and fabric-based home decor. I'm also a fairly decent cook, and have a lot of interests in herbal/wild medicine and foodstuffs.

... I think I've babbled enough. Nice to meet y'all, I'll see you around.

RE: Hello - Koninbeor - 03-26-2014

Holy cow, that's the worst introduction I've ever seen! I know you said you were bad at them, but dang...

Yeah, not really. Welcome aboard. It's good to have you. We had free cookies but I ate them all. I would apologize but they were so delicious that I'm not at all sorry for my actions. Good to have you with us!

RE: Hello - Zhavi - 03-27-2014

You know, I don't even know what makes a good introduction, but yours is pretty spiffy. It's always interesting to learn about where other rpers have come from and what they're about. Morally grey characters are my favorite too, so high five!

Welcome aboard! Big Grin

RE: Hello - Blue - 04-07-2014

Mae is one of my RP buddies on FFXI, and a member of ToH with me^^! It's true that we haven't done much with the community yet, but our RPs always manage to get interesting in so many weird ways Undecided....... I think that's a good sign Big Grin!

RE: Hello - Lutra - 04-07-2014

Hello and welcome! That sounds like a good intro to me. You had me at two year vacation! ;3

If you see me or any fellow AWers running about or RPing, feel free to drop in ICly anytime! Or being silly OOCly is fine too~