Hydaelyn Role-Players
Another Newbie - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Another Newbie (/showthread.php?tid=6816)

Another Newbie - Ralamano - 04-01-2014

Hello all! I've been lurking for a bit and finally decided I should make an account. Then I lurked more and finally decided to introduce myself. I guess I'll be boring and do the template and whatnot.

--MMORPG background
None, really. I picked up FFXIV near launch since I'm a fan of the series and it looked pretty cool. I never really did much of the Multiplayer part, though. This caused me to sort of drift away thanks to limited game time and other games taking that up. Now with more time on my hands and after seeing a bunch of changes I want to jump back in. More than that, I'd like to get back into RP.

I previously had a character in the 40's, so I never finished the story or got into endgame stuff. I did, however, get pretty into the lore. I do really like that about this game.

--RP experience
I have no MMO RP experience, but I did a lot of forum stuff back in my youth. I'm a little nervous about it being a faster pace, but I want to try it out. You all seem like a patient lot.

...Right?

--Character ideas/info
I started fresh so I'm currently leveling a Lalafell named Ralamano Nulumano. I'm still working out the kinks in his backstory, though. I usually only do the goody-goody kind of character, so I'm trying to make him a little more selfish. In short, he's a scholarly type who's interested in aether and it's effects on the body. He's also willing to sacrifice a lot in order to attain knowledge. I'm not thinking he's just going to be totally evil since I'm worried he'll make nothing but enemies. He's definitely a seedy guy, though.

Because of that, I've been toying with the idea of him using his Lala cuteness to disarm people. Cute, bumbling exterior to hide his sharp wit and his real intentions. Like I said, I'm still ironing things out here.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Google! FFXIV RP leads right to this place.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Uh...medium-heavy, I suppose. I never finished the story, as I mentioned, and so I want to do some of the typical PvE things. Most of the rest of my time will likely be into RP. I'm not too into endgame since I've never participated, but I would be willing to try eventually!

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
I'm big on the gaming. I used to do a bit of writing, but that hasn't happened in a very long while.

Oh, also. I'm on Balmung! I guess you all can see that, though.

RE: Another Newbie - Zhavi - 04-01-2014

Hey there! That character idea sounds fantastic to me. Love me some seedy characters who are also exceptionally quick-witted! Also, another forum rper, right on right on. The first time I rped in a MMO it was a bit jarring, but I bet you'll pick it up real quick. I just recently came back to the game after a long time gone too, and this community really is wonderful. I think you'll find that people really are quite lovely and patient. Smile

RE: Another Newbie - Ralamano - 04-01-2014

Thank you for the kind words! I don't know about exceptionally quick-witted. I think that would require more wit than I'm able to conjure. I'll do what I can, though.

The community I've seen here so far has looked like a bunch of very fun people, so I'm excited to jump in! If I work up the courage to jump in, that is.

RE: Another Newbie - Koninbeor - 04-03-2014

I can't speak for everyone, but there are a good number of people here who have plenty of patience with people who are new to this format of RP or completely new to RP. I don't anticipate you having too many issues. Welcome aboard!