Hydaelyn Role-Players
I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] (/showthread.php?tid=6825)

I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Blue - 04-02-2014

Sooo today, reading this post made my RP heart squee. I am really excited to know they are working on new Change Pose postures, especially because:

1 - I don't see me ever using the "hands-behind-head" posture as Blue, ever, unless they arrest me ICly and tell me to put hands behind the head. But then I'd need to knee.

2 - My male miqo'te backside is seriously yearning to touch the ground. Change Pose postures for ground sitting are a must to come for me!

What about you guys? What emotes/postures would you like to see added for RP purposes?

Edit: I also hope they will make so that facial emotes are static like dances and sitting emotes are. Having to /annoyed every few seconds is... /annoying.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Melkire - 04-02-2014

We still need a kneeling pose for everyone who isn't a male Miqo'te or a female highlander. Irritating that there's no "hold" modifier for emotes, would be useful for /kneel and /pray, as well as facial expressions like /annoyed.  Hopefully we'll get something along those lines.

Super excited about this tidbit:
Quote:Also, currently when using “Change Pose” to change your posture, moving will return to the default; however, in patch 2.3 we will be adding a feature that will allow you to set which posture you return to after moving.

Getting to choose our default poses? Yesssssssss.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - MrPoopyButtHole - 04-02-2014

I'd like the ability to actually LAY down on the floor/grass/etc instead of just sitting. Or just being able to lay in bed would work out too for FC houses.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Melkire - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 04:00 PM)ForbieJD Wrote: I'd like the ability to actually LAY down on the floor/grass/etc instead of just sitting. Or just being able to lay in bed would work out too for FC houses.

Stand near or on your bed and hit /doze? I'm not familiar with every race/gender combination, so I'm not sure if any are missing the /doze feature for house beds...

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Blue - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 04:00 PM)ForbieJD Wrote: I'd like the ability to actually LAY down on the floor/grass/etc instead of just sitting. Or just being able to lay in bed would work out too for FC houses.
Well, you -can- lay down in bed specifically in FC houses. Just go on top of bed and use /doze.

Really hate my Miqo'te F doze in bed...

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Erik Mynhier - 04-02-2014

I want some minion, chocobo interaction emotes.

/pet

And yes to a hold option for kneel, pray, and salute and gcsalute.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Clover - 04-03-2014

Yes! I knew they'd add more poses (*o*) SE is always adding more details, they never disappoint me.

K'mih doesn't have much of an use for any of the new poses, so I'm glad she will have more to choose from. I think I'm going to use the first female hyur pose as default for Clover *happy*.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Xydane - 04-03-2014

Of course, we'd all love to have more emotes and I sure would like an emote where characters can lie down but I'm sorry, I'm about to go off topic like a mutha. I can't stop laughing at the signature of one of the members on that forum.

Damn you, Christian Bale.

[Image: hildgunkata2.gif]

Bloody hell, that made my morning. BRB, dying.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Kage - 04-03-2014

I'm still waiting for an emote where I can have someone carry my Lalafell or throw my Lalafell like Biggs and Wedge...

That said, I really wish it was much easier to get to the crossed arms pose without having to go through the first one.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - TheLastCandle - 04-03-2014

If you type /changepose motion twice REALLY REALLY quickly it looks like it's in one smooth motion. Macros ftw!

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Blue - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 09:04 AM)ExKage Wrote: I'm still waiting for an emote where I can have someone carry my Lalafell or throw my Lalafell like Biggs and Wedge...

That said, I really wish it was much easier to get to the crossed arms pose without having to go through the first one.
Considered that Lalafells are strong enough to throw a roegadyn and sent it flying, throwing one of them is something I would neeeeeeeeever try Dazed

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Pooch - 04-04-2014

(04-02-2014, 04:05 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: And yes to a hold option for kneel, pray, and salute and gcsalute.
A hold option would be good for just about any emote, really.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Melkire - 04-04-2014

(04-03-2014, 08:47 AM)Xydane Wrote: Of course, we'd all love to have more emotes and I sure would like an emote where characters can lie down but I'm sorry, I'm about to go off topic like a mutha. I can't stop laughing at the signature of one of the members on that forum.

Damn you, Christian Bale.

[Image: hildgunkata2.gif]

Bloody hell, that made my morning. BRB, dying.

On this note, I highly recommend both Equilibrium and the Hildibrand quest line. The former is an excellent B-rated action flick in which Sean Bean dies, and the latter is an excellent comedy in which someone who vaguely resembles Sean Bean fails to die.

...spoilers, I guess.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Blue - 04-04-2014

After much thought I decided that if there is an emote I want more than anything, it's this.

[Image: ConanOBrienSassy.gif]

But I admit it's not for any RP purpose.

RE: I can see the light.... [An emotes thread] - Haven's Fox - 04-05-2014

The male Miqo'te sit for females. I want to crouch damn it.