Hydaelyn Role-Players
No Podcast? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: No Podcast? (/showthread.php?tid=6837)

No Podcast? - Melodia - 04-04-2014

I was wondering why no one had come up with a podcast related to a combination of things relative to our community here. For example, you could run it for an hour once a week or every two weeks and on the show people could discuss:
  • Upcoming role play events scheduled
  • FFXIV developments
  • Maybe some IC reporting of stories going on
  • Brainstorming ideas for RP events, plots, character development
Maybe make one for both the primary servers or one for each?

I don't know...just tossing ideas out there and wondering why there isn't one. I'd listen! Thumbsup

RE: No Podcast? - Dogberry - 04-04-2014

This is a fantastic idea, and I'd love to be a part of making something like this happen. I've never made a podcast, but I've done some minor voice and sound editing work, and can lend a hand.

Personally, I think we should have representatives for both of the primary servers as regulars on the show. The more perspective we get, and the more we come together to promote an inclusive community, the better the show will be.

RE: No Podcast? - Edgar - 04-04-2014

I'd love to be part of an RPC podcast...Heart

RE: No Podcast? - Mimiru - 04-04-2014

This needs to happen. I'd be willing to help.

RE: No Podcast? - Magellan - 04-04-2014

I thought about trying to do a LS like a radio broadcast at one point, but with so many other projects on my table, this one got shelved -.-

RE: No Podcast? - Melodia - 04-04-2014

I am glad to see some support. However, I am technically challenged (read: I have no clue how this works) and don't have the means to do this (read: my little laptop can barely run Civilization II, let alone record a podcast). Also my schedule does not really allow for me to do this due to my dad/husband/work time. BUT!! I am willing to help out in any way possible! I think as a community we could make this work. Smile I think if a couple of folks or three maybe (what dynamic works? LOL!) could take the technical apsect lead, then it could formulate. Excited that people are enthusiastic about this.

RE: No Podcast? - Aysun - 04-06-2014

There have been a couple podcasts done by members of the RPC back in the 1.0 days, even a youtube series, they all just kind of died out after awhile!

RE: No Podcast? - Erik Mynhier - 04-06-2014

Yes please, I would love to hear of such a thing. Also off topic a bit, how about a mobile app? My phone hates this site, yet I love it so.

RE: No Podcast? - FreelanceWizard - 04-06-2014

When you get this off the ground, I'll be happy to sticky a thread linking to it. Smile

With regards to a mobile app, that's a bit tricky. There's at least one plugin for the board software that sorta-kinda renders a mobile friendly site, and there's one theme that sorta-kinda produces WAP-compatible code. Neither of these have been updated recently and so neither are especially attractive options. Sad A native app isn't entirely out of the question, I suppose, but I only own a Windows Phone that I could use for testing and there's the matter of how to build the web service backend (which on our web host would have to be in PHP -- yuck!).