Hydaelyn Role-Players
Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! (/showthread.php?tid=6909)

Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Melkire - 04-12-2014

This is a very, very belated introductory post. I apologize for that.

Hi! I'm Osric (or Melkire, either way). I've been dying to get into RP more often. Specifically speaking, larger and more intricate D&D-esque plots are something I've been having trouble getting into. Please send help! I promise I don't bite, even if I do roleplay Osric as a bit of an a-hole. Blush

MMORPG Background

Weirdest selection ever. Mostly weird for what's missing rather than what's there:

RuneScape (2003-2005)
Puzzle Pirates
Akanbar (MUD)
E.V.E. (multiple trial sessions)
Ragnarok Online (private hi-rate servers)
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Final Fantasy XIV

...shaddup. /cry

RP Experience

Extensive play-by-post forum roleplay experience (original properties and otherwise). 

Moderate MUD roleplay experience. 

Little-to-no roleplay experience in WoW-esque environments (I was on TOR's Ebon Hawk for all of two weeks before moving to Prophecy of the Five).

Character Ideas & Info

Osric's a Limsan-born Hyur midlander who had to flee the city when he ran afoul of the "law" by accidentally breaking the first rule of criminals everywhere: don't get caught. You done goofed, Osric. So he ran to Ul'dah and somehow traded a lifetime of service to the Flames in exchange for political asylum. 

I'm working on a wiki entry! I figured I'd start with the character history, but it's rapidly grown into a leviathan of a beast, so I figure I'll just leave that section as "work in progress" and get the rest done. Hopefully'll be up this weekend.

How did you learn about the Coalition?

I was getting a little burnt out on the road to level 50, so I decided to try roleplaying. Googled "FFXIV roleplay", found this site, used the LS Directory to find and join a FC I liked, joined the respective server with a new character (Balmung, represent!) and later registered here. 

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Medium-to-heavy, leaning towards the latter. That said, I'm also into endgame PvE; my main PvE toon is actually on Gilgamesh at the moment, so I've kind of limited myself with regards to how much time I can devote to RP. I also PvE with Osric on Balmung, so please hit me up!

Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing?

Twenty-four years old (I'll be twenty-five in a month), born and raised and living in Southern California, currently working 40-hour weeks (Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM PDT).

P.S. If you didn't catch the reference in the title, you need to (re)visit one of the best animated films of all time. Big Grin

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Roen - 04-12-2014

*waves!*

You know, I've seen your character like three times now and I went "Hey, I know that name!" Usually I've been busy plotting in chat or C&P RP log... >.<

You play an a-hole character eh? Lovely... Thumbsup

One of these days, I WILL have Roen just crash right into you.

One of these days.

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Melkire - 04-14-2014

(04-12-2014, 03:42 AM)Brynn Wrote: You play an a-hole character eh? Lovely... Thumbsup

A bit! Only "a bit," lol!

...I realize that this doesn't quite fly in the face of the two IC forum posts I've made. Whoops.

Thanks for the welcome, you and those who PM'd me! Big Grin

P.S. Didn't have much time to get the wiki entry sorted out this weekend, but I did get the page up. Should fill up over the course of this week. "Please look forward to it."

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Zhavi - 04-14-2014

Belated welcome! If your character wasn't in Ul'dah I totally woulda pmed you. I love asshole characters, the dialogue is so much fun. And you do pbp! Big Grin Maybe I'll run into you in game some day.

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Avalt Laguz - 04-15-2014

[youtube]xfHyQ4m3BxU[/youtube]

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Kage - 04-15-2014

One day Osric, one day Kage is gonna say hi.

When Kage isn't avoiding all his friends who are going to give him lectures for not being able to change his patterns >_> and almost dies for it. <_<

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Melkire - 04-15-2014

(04-15-2014, 07:29 AM)Avalt Laguz Wrote: -snip-

Best. Animated. Film. Of all time.

(04-14-2014, 04:17 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Belated welcome!  If your character wasn't in Ul'dah I totally woulda pmed you.  I love asshole characters, the dialogue is so much fun.  And you do pbp!  Big Grin  Maybe I'll run into you in game some day.

I'm IC in Limsa often enough, as Osric's family still resides there. Makes a good excuse for impromptu RP, as well. "Oh, I'm on leave for a few days, here to visit the family" and what-not.  

(04-15-2014, 08:55 AM)ExKage Wrote: One day Osric, one day Kage is gonna say hi.

When Kage isn't avoiding all his friends who are going to give him lectures for not being able to change his patterns >_> and almost dies for it. <_<

You have no idea how many times I've caught myself on the verge of walking up to Kage, or Roen, or someone else from these boards, and gone, "wait, I can't do this yet, I have no IC reason for doing so".

GAAAAH. SO FRUSTRATING.

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - MrPoopyButtHole - 04-19-2014

I've seen you around and wanted to start a drunken brawl! Except I read how much of a bad ass your character is and rather not get broken in half. Welcome!

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Xydane - 04-21-2014

I know I'm late but hell, better late than never!

Welcome to the RPC! Everyone here is friendly so far and I am pretty sure you've already noticed. xD

Please ignore the small tiny bears walking around. Those are known as Ewoks and for the sake of the Force, do not feed them.

*Shakes Ewok off his leg*

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Melkire - 04-21-2014

(04-19-2014, 08:45 AM)ForbieJD Wrote: I've seen you around and wanted to start a drunken brawl! Except I read how much of a bad ass your character is and rather not get broken in half. Welcome!

You're thinking about some other dude. Raubahn, maybe. Because if that's your impression of my character, then I need to start toning him way the hell down, lol!

(04-21-2014, 12:50 PM)Xydane Wrote: I know I'm late but hell, better late than never!

Welcome to the RPC! Everyone here is friendly so far and I am pretty sure you've already noticed. xD

Please ignore the small tiny bears walking around. Those are known as Ewoks and for the sake of the Force, do not feed them.

*Shakes Ewok off his leg*

Ewoks? I don't see any Ewoks around here.

...just a bunch of Gremlins.

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Kage - 04-21-2014

No Ewoks or Gremlins. Only Mogwai.

Do not wet them.

Do not feed them after midnight.

Do not put it in the light, especially sunlight.

((On another note, has anyone thought it weird that it was "after midnight". I forgot if there was a time period after it as being safe. I mean... yeah ok >_> ))

RE: Look, I'm Osric! Howdy, howdy, howdy! - Xydane - 04-21-2014

Oh gawd, the nostalgia of my childhood. Haha. xD