Hydaelyn Role-Players
Server Assistance! >.< - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server Assistance! >.< (/showthread.php?tid=6924)

Server Assistance! >.< - Haruka - 04-14-2014

I saw on my UPS tracking of my game that'll be here in one more business day! I'm so excited to ride my fat Chocobo around Eorzea! One question daunts me at the moment though as to which Server I should join. How strong are the RPing communities in both Balmung and Gilgamesh? I know it says in my profile that I'm in the Gilgamesh Server, but only because I use to be in it last year on my PS3 lol. It's a fresh start for me now, so what differentiates the two, if there is one?

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Ritual - 04-14-2014

I can't help but I just wanted to say that you're very well spoken. Big Grin

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Shizuka - 04-14-2014

I haven't personally played very much on Balmung, so I can only really speak for Gilgamesh.

The Gilgamesh RP community is on the smaller side, less well established and developed. I've found this means there's generally less "server specific lore" to step on, and the groups are very open and friendly. I've noticed that even the majority of non-RPers are very respectful and friendly, and will occasionally join in the events. The nicest people I've run into in random dungeons have been from Gilgamesh, and most of them have asked to friend me afterwards, and several of them have helped me through things such as opening Crystal Tower, or working on my Relic weapon. There might not be RP on every corner, but I think there's enough if you look for it, and the general attitude of the server is worth it to me.

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Blue - 04-14-2014

While my main roleplaying characters are on Balmung, I've made an alt on Gilgamesh for those times my friends aren't online and I get bored. While I did notice a much smaller community on Gilgamesh compared to Balmung, it is also true that the Gilg community sets at least twice the amount of calendar events that the Balmung community does. So really, there are pros and cons for both the servers. I recommend testing out both unless you have old friends waiting for you on one of them, and then pick whichever server got you more involved.

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Haruka - 04-14-2014

(04-14-2014, 06:50 AM)Ritual Wrote: I can't help but I just wanted to say that you're very well spoken. Big Grin

Dawww, thank you so much, Ritual! ^_^ I try to be as precise as possible in my descriptions. Ironically, I'm not the best at trying to explain something to someone, so it makes me happy to see you say that! Perhaps we could adventure together!

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Haruka - 04-14-2014

Well then I suppose I'll just have to make alts for both servers and periodically check the calendar for the events to see which server tugs on me more!

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Aysun - 04-14-2014

That's the best way to go about it. Try both and see where you like more.

If we were going by events=activity.. then sure, Gilgamesh would win that. They have a lot of events. Are all the events great and awesome to everyone? Of course not, but neither are Balmung's. I try not to base activity on the amount of events someone puts up, anyway. For sheer numbers of RPers, Balmung takes the cake. I wouldn't say we have any established 'server specific' lore either. Not that I've seen anyway. Everyone has their own story, and that's not unique to either server. Smile We too have many helpful folk around who like to run PvE stuff. Again, not unique to either server, really!

Hope you enjoy where ever you choose!

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Valenroth - 04-15-2014

How y'all,

New player here.  I'm having a bit of an issue where both Gilgamesh and Balmung are not available to me.  Sad

Are there any other recommended servers out there for roleplayers?  Thanks for the help!

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Zhavi - 04-15-2014

(04-15-2014, 12:15 AM)Valenroth Wrote: How y'all,

New player here.  I'm having a bit of an issue where both Gilgamesh and Balmung are not available to me.  Sad

Are there any other recommended servers out there for roleplayers?  Thanks for the help!

Wait a bit and the servers should become available. I saw someone else mention that it might depend on the time you try -- I know for me I just waited a day (forget the times I did so) and it had opened up.

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Nel Celestine - 04-17-2014

This might help a bit as well.  An older sticky'd topic. Smile

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3805

RE: Server Assistance! >.< - Kage - 04-17-2014

Certain times they get too crowded so you just have to try again
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

In this character creation restriction news, Balmung and Gilgamesh in my experience have almost never had an X before.