Hydaelyn Role-Players
Direct Retail Patch Downloads - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Direct Retail Patch Downloads (/showthread.php?tid=697)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - Freyar - 09-22-2010

Boots Wrote:I cannot for the life of me get this to work, and I've put the first file in the right folder.

I canceled the first patch at 31%, could that be why?

Make sure you overwrite the old incomplete patch file. If need be, move the actual D2010.09.18.0000.patch into the directory yourself.

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - Vareal - 09-23-2010

Any news on the latest patch? D2010.09.23.0000; it fails after trying to install for me.

This is what I get:
I'm going to try to delete the update file and re-download it.

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - Freyar - 09-23-2010

vareal Wrote:Any news on the latest patch? D2010.09.23.0000; it fails after trying to install for me.

This is what I get:

That's the 400MB one right? Did you let it download the metadata first? (You should see [PatchNumber].torrent in the corresponding metadata forlder.)

Freyar Wrote:
vareal Wrote:Any news on the latest patch? D2010.09.23.0000; it fails after trying to install for me.

This is what I get:

That's the 400MB one right? Did you let it download the metadata first? (You should see [PatchNumber].torrent in the corresponding metadata forlder.)

it's not the 400mb one. It's the one that was released after today's maintinence. It's roughly 6megs in size, give or take a few bytes.

I just grabbed it myself. Worked perfectly on my side. It's now on the FTP.

Freyar Wrote:I just grabbed it myself. Worked perfectly on my side. It's now on the FTP.

It's not displaying on the FTP list.

vareal Wrote:
Freyar Wrote:I just grabbed it myself. Worked perfectly on my side. It's now on the FTP.

It's not displaying on the FTP list.

I see it as 32010.09.23.0000.rar. I'll see if I can't get a linkshell member to double-check.

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - TeeBeeDee - 09-23-2010

I want to say, thank you for this. I know that this is a mostly thankless thing you are doing hosting the files for us to get. I cant imagine how many hours you have saved the community in download times.

Thank you for this. Sincerely.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - Freyar - 09-24-2010

D2010.09.23.0000 Patch changelog Added

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - EDEN - 09-24-2010

ya i can't get it to work do i have to change the thing to .patch instead of .rar?

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - Freyar - 09-24-2010

EDEN Wrote:ya i can't get it to work do i have to change the thing to .patch instead of .rar?

You have to extract the patch file using either 7zip or Winrar. I tweaked the instructions so they are a bit more clear.

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - Vareal - 09-24-2010

Can we sticky and/or pin this thread? Someone get Castiel's attention.

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - Nyila - 09-24-2010

SE made the core take theirs down, so keeping this unnoticed might be a good call.

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - EDEN - 09-24-2010

yay!!! i got it to work Big Grin

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Direct Retail Patch Downloads - Vareal - 09-24-2010

Nyila Wrote:SE made the core take theirs down, so keeping this unnoticed might be a good call.

True, but we are a little more under the radar than core is.