Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) (/showthread.php?tid=6971)

Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Knight Kat - 04-19-2014

*twiddles thumbs* Well here's a question I thought I'd never ask....
Is there anyone who might be interested in creating a Moon-keeper character to join my character's family?

Allow me to elaborate. I am looking for players who want to play "traditional" Moon-keepers to join the Jakkya family. I am looking for this because of the restoration of the "Morbolvine Clan".

Under the new leadership of Miah Polaali, the "Morbolvine Clan" Free Company is making a comeback. They have already bought large housing in the lavender beds, and will likely be a very active FC. In the past, they were always active, and constantly doing RP and events. Now they are looking to expand a bit by adding a third family to the clan. The Jakkya family has now become that third family Big Grin However, it needs more members.

Roles and requirements.

The options are very numerous. You can make a male or female Keeper of the Moon of any age, and make them look however you want them to look. I also have an outline of the family genetics IF you wanted guidelines.

They can be a sibling, cousin or aunt/uncle of Kiht Jakkya. However, nieces and nephews would be children or babies since Kiht is so young, and the parents and grandparents of Kiht are dead.

Your character may come from numerous back-grounds. You could be a Jakkya who left the Coeurlclaw Poachers, a member who was part of the Shriekshroom clan before it disbanded, a wandering male who has returned, a member who returned from life in the city or even a member who was taken by slavers, but managed to escape. If there is anything else you can think of, run it by me, and I will likely accept it.

The Jakkya family already has some set history and lore, but there is still much that needs to be figured out. The first few players to join the family would be the ones to help me fully design the family's history, traditions and lore. While I will be the OOC leader of the family, Kiht doesn't have to be the IC Matriarch. If someone is looking for the role of family Matriarch, you can have it as long as you are willing to be responsible with it.

About the only requirements are being willing to play your character at least once a week (hopefully more than that), and your character must have the Jakkya surname.

Benefits.

Recruitment is open. There is currently enough room for everyone who is interested.

If anyone is looking for RP, this is a good way to dive right in. I don't care if you are a newbie or veteran. I can help teach anyone about Keeper lore, and help develop back-stories if you desire. I will even help level and gear a new character.

You will be part of a RP and PVE FC that has large housing.

Anyone who's interested can reply to this thread, send me a PM or send me a tell in-game. I will gladly answer any and all questions.

For information on the FC itself, contact Miah Polaali.

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - TheWizard - 04-19-2014

Also as an added benefit you will likely become friends with my Miqo'te Merri Renalah. xD

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Knight Kat - 04-20-2014

I updated the original post because the Jakkya family is now the "Morbolvine Clan's" third family! As long as I can get players to join as members of the family, it will remain as such.

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Siha - 04-20-2014

So I know we haven't played much and that I am guilty of having alts but I've been looking to have a second 'main' if you will. I love my plots with Siha but sometimes I get lonely and it would be nice to have two separate-ish stories going on. I AM available to play my character more than once a week. My schedule is below and to be honest I don't have much to do until about 5 or even 8 pm on my days off as it is now, so it would be great to have a chance to get involved. If you'll have me then I will gladly make a Jakkya and contribute effort to helping think out traditions or whatever you need help with.

Note, I do have one storyline I am definitely going to do but the way the story is it's definitely a background kind of thing so that's the only thing this second main might have for the purpose of being able to devote dedicated time to it. ^^ If you want to know exactly what it is before saying yes or no just PM me, I don't bite!

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - A'rytiss Edar - 04-20-2014

ah, it's unfortunate that you require an FC invite. Smile I'd offer to have A'rytiss be somewhat related to your clan if you'd like, but I'm happily-FC'd :>

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Sophia_Grave - 04-20-2014

This seems like a lot of fun, Ive been thinking of starting up an alt and this looks like a good place for it \^^/

Is there a page up for the Morbolvines?

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Aysun - 04-20-2014

Just a note of nitpickiness:

The word "clan" is used officially to denote a sub-race. That is, the Keeper of the Moon clan, or Seeker of the Sun clan, or Highlander clan, etc. So you might want to use a different word for your family group. Sept, coven, faction, or something of that sort may be better used!

(04-20-2014, 12:15 PM)Siha Wrote: So I know we haven't played much and that I am guilty of having alts but I've been looking to have a second 'main' if you will. I love my plots with Siha but sometimes I get lonely and it would be nice to have two separate-ish stories going on. I AM available to play my character more than once a week. My schedule is below and to be honest I don't have much to do until about 5 or even 8 pm on my days off as it is now, so it would be great to have a chance to get involved. If you'll have me then I will gladly make a Jakkya and contribute effort to helping think out traditions or whatever you need help with.

Note, I do have one storyline I am definitely going to do but the way the story is it's definitely a background kind of thing so that's the only thing this second main might have for the purpose of being able to devote dedicated time to it. ^^ If you want to know exactly what it is before saying yes or no just PM me, I don't bite!

Would be happy to have you Siha, and happy to FINALLY RP with youLaugh Send me a tell or PM for what you have in mind. Or I can PM you. Either way.

Apl_Juice Wrote:This seems like a lot of fun, Ive been thinking of starting up an alt and this looks like a good place for it \^^/

Is there a page up for the Morbolvines?

For questions about the FC, Miah Polaali is really the best person to ask. The FC does have a LS directory on the RPC, but I think it might be outdated. She assures me that she will update and post information about the Morbolvine clan very soon.

I would love for you to join the Jakkya family. I'll send you a PM.

However, do keep in mind that there are other ways to join the clan as well.

(04-20-2014, 08:17 PM)Aysun Wrote: Just a note of nitpickiness:

The word "clan" is used officially to denote a sub-race. That is, the Keeper of the Moon clan, or Seeker of the Sun clan, or Highlander clan, etc. So you might want to use a different word for your family group. Sept, coven, faction, or something of that sort may be better used!

I am not the leader of the FC, and am not the only one to use the word "clan". The FC is named the "Morbolvine Clan". I had no say in how it was named. We are using the word on an unofficial level, anyways.

This thread is intended to gauge interest for some RP, and my attempt to offer people a role. I am not going to debate anything with you here. I respectfully ask that you take your "nitpickiness" elsewhere.

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Jana - 04-20-2014

I don't think it's really being nitpicky; I initially passed over this thread because I thought it was asking for something very different. It's just a bit misleading as it is now.

In any case, my character doesn't fit into what you're trying to do here, but I wish you luck all the same!

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Aysun - 04-20-2014

(04-20-2014, 08:43 PM)Knight Kat Wrote:
(04-20-2014, 08:17 PM)Aysun Wrote: Just a note of nitpickiness:

I am not the leader of the FC, and am not the only one to use the word "clan". The FC is named the "Morbolvine Clan". I had no say in how it was named. We are using the word on an unofficial level, anyways.

This thread is intended to gauge interest for some RP, and my attempt to offer people a role. I am not going to debate anything with you here. I respectfully ask that you take your "nitpickiness" elsewhere.
First off: Wow. People grow more hostile by the day sometimes, I swear.

Second: I was simply noting it because I've seen the used of the word like this cause confusion in the past, and was hoping to avoid it being a problem for you. Sorry I bothered!

(04-20-2014, 08:54 PM)Jana Wrote: I don't think it's really being nitpicky; I initially passed over this thread because I thought it was asking for something very different. It's just a bit misleading as it is now.

In any case, my character doesn't fit into what you're trying to do here, but I wish you luck all the same!

I used the word "nitpicky" because that is the word she used. I also re-read my original post several times. May I ask how it is misleading? I don't want to confuse people.

I am asking to see if any players would join my character's Keeper family. Is it misleading because they would also have to join the FC as well?

Aysun Wrote:First off: Wow. People grow more hostile by the day sometimes, I swear.

Second: I was simply noting it because I've seen the used of the word like this cause confusion in the past, and was hoping to avoid it being a problem for you. Sorry I bothered!

We can't hear tone over the internet, so I feel I should clarify since you seem offended. I reacted defensively, but my response was not intended with hostility. Just as you now indicate that you were trying to help while my first interpretation of your post was an attack.

I saw it as an attack of sorts because I have seen what a debate on a controversial subject does to a thread, and I happen to know a little about your stance on Miqo'te lore. I do not want this thread derailed or locked because of the debate over something as trivial as a word. That is why I wanted you to please let it go.

I probably should have said: Please let it go. Please do not derail my thread. I sincerely apologize if that offends you.

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Blue - 04-21-2014

Man, wish this had come up sooner. I have a male Miqo'te alt who is very loose in terms of plot and doesn't have much to work on, so much that his name was picked from the random generator (Kujh'a Lihzeh). I don't feel like re-creating him because I got him the Lightning Strikes pants and I doubt I'll get another shot at it, but if SE eventually gives us that so-demanded tool to modify our in-game names, I'd gladly turn him into a Jakkya to join you!

RE: Looking for Family. (Role Offer.) - Siha - 05-02-2014

Sort of an update here! As an additional avenue people can take when wanting to add characters into the Jakkya Family or Morbolvine Clan fold, my character Taiga Jakkya has her own small group of poachers that shes bringing back to the main family out of necessity. A little info on the group is below, should it interest anyone to come from this background just PM me or /tell me in game on either Siha Xinkei or Taiga Jakkya for questions or plots.

Quote:Name: Bloodtusk; Named after the Boars in the South Shroud where they are based.
Notoriety: Not as common a name as the Coeurlclaw or Redbelly but their name is known to most in the South Shroud
Age of Group: Still in flux

Blurb:
Named after the boars they primarily hunt in the South Shroud the Bloodtusk are a group of rough poachers that consist mostly of the Jakkya family. Their group is one that split not once but twice, when the main family broke into two the Bloodtusk went with the side that sided with the Coeurlclaws. While they found poaching preferable to the alternative they did not enjoy the rule of the Coeurlclaw and finally one of their more outspoken and young members, Rhela decided that it was time they truly split away. Rhela founded the Bloodtusk, taking all of the Jakkya family that would come with her as well as a few that bore another name, the group took up near the Mun Tuy Cellars in the South Shroud and began their ascent to notoriety.

Rhela was an iron willed and ruthless leader but it couldn't be said that she didn't take care of her family. She was relentless when it came to only teaching them the best hunting techniques, sacrificing things like reading and writing in favor of training was just a fact of life for any born into the band of poachers. Rhela was a survivor above all else, keeping the Bloodtusk going as her main priority, if that meant that she had to teach the girls to seduce passing males to keep their line going then so be it. Being mostly of the Jakkya family meant they had to find 'breeders' outside of their own, while wandering males were an option they didn't exactly go looking for the group and that meant that ever so often Rhela would have to send out a small 'party' of those ready to breed to find these males.

The groups couldn't always afford to be picky but it was Rhela's belief that any child could be toughened and she demonstrated such with her own daughter, Taiga, whom he was grooming to suceed her. Any males that showed interest in joining the group was allowed to do so, any that declined were quickly dismissed, any who lasted long enough to know they had a child and showed interest in taking that child were terminated. Always subtly, delicately, Rhela was not a stupid woman by any means.

So through those means the Bloodtusk grew in standing and size but still remained one of the much smaller groups in the Shroud. Unfortunately that meant they also caused friction with the other groups as they frequently picked off their kills at the last moment or even preyed on them to even out the numbers. It wasn't long before they finally stirred enough unrest with the Ixal that the Beastmen retaliated unexpectedly, the Warband that attacked them were no match for the Archers but in their arrogance the poachers hadn't thought of the rest of the Ixali Clan surprsing them. And surprise them they did. Half of the Bloodtusk were wiped out in that evening, including Rhela, the leader had held on through the battle and long enough after to impart some advice to her daughter before dying of her wounds. Her advice was to find the rest of the Jakkya family, to go back to them.

Taiga has taken over in her stead and has been dutifully searching for the other pieces of the Jakkya family, outside of the Coeurlclaws that she avoids. Recently she has met with Kiht and agreed to meet her side of the family as well as the Morbolvine, witholding the news of the Bloodtusk's decimation for the time being.

So if that was a bit jumbled I apologize, what it represents is a chance for you to have a Jakkya from a poacher background that isn't with the Coeurlclaws and to have a prior connection when entering the story. This avenue is also open to those that are not originally Jakkya's due to the male part of the story, so, females that join SHOULD have the Jakkya name but males that join are allowed to not have it so long as they were considered a breeder when they entered the poaching band. Also breeder is a term that the Bloodtusk used themselves it in no way shape or form will carry over to the main Jakkya families views of them nor the Morbolvine unless stated otherwise, so they may have come IN a breeder but it's possible their status would/will change. Just /tell me or PM me to discuss if you want to go that latter route so we can hammer out the details first! Of course all final decisions go to Knight Kat as this is her plot! ^^