Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to the server~! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to the server~! (/showthread.php?tid=6998)

New to the server~! - Raena - 04-24-2014

Dear RPC,

Hey everybody! I'm new to the server, so I figured it would be best to get set up here, since this seems to be the main place to find quality roleplay. I started playing this game in beta, and I was part of a hardcore progression guild. They didn't really care about roleplaying, so eventually I got tired of just doing dungeons all the time and decided to take a break from the game. When I came back, I decided that it would be better for me to do what I loved, instead of what other people loved.

And what I love is roleplay.

So with that in mind. I made Raena anew on this server, and decided to start on a new journey that didn't have to do with grinding 8 hours a day to hit 50 on four different classes because I felt pressured to keep up with a guild. I just want to enjoy the game for what it is, a beautiful world that is -so- much more than just dungeons and gear.

Her name is X'raena Tsunhe. She's a seeker of the sun, and probably one of the sweeter arcanists, (soon to be summoners,) you'll meet. She's always willing to lend a hand, give a hug, or provide a shoulder to cry on, and she'll always do her best to help out. If she were asked what she was good at, she'd probably say that.. well... she can sew clothes a little bit, and even make some from scratch. She'd say that she can cook pretty okay, but sometimes she burns the food.. but that's okay, right..? She's constantly doing her best to improve herself so that she can help out any friends she makes in the future.

I don't exactly have her character -or- her appearance fully hashed out yet, but I hope that some of you would be willing to help me through future roleplays. :3

As far as roleplay is concerned, what I'm looking for is to find an active group of mature roleplayers, hopefully a group that doesn't mind adult themes and language. After all, I've been RPing for over 10 years, and I'd rather not be yelled at for saying a bad word here and there. c: So if anyone is fine with that, feel free to let me know. I'm also completely open to any open world events that allow anyone to participate! After all, it makes it feel more real, to me~

That's about all I have to say for now. I can't wait to meet some new friends and have fun playing this game after being gone for these last six months!

Love, me

P.S. Raena has a brother that's likely going to be applying here too, by the name of X'kohu Tia. I hope that if he applies, everyone treats him nicely. :3

P.P.S. I know it might be in bad taste, but I decided to make a character on both Gilgamesh and Balmung, to see if I find a community I like more on either server. Hope that's not a big problem! Feel free to let me know if it is.

RE: New to the server~! - MrPoopyButtHole - 04-24-2014

Raena sounds like an interesting character just wish she was here in Bal. I hope you find a great FC and RP buddies in Gilgamesh! Welcome to RPC! Bouncy

RE: New to the server~! - Raena - 04-24-2014

Thanks a lot for that! <3

RE: New to the server~! - Poe - 04-24-2014

Welcome to Gilgamesh!!!!

I like to think our RP community is pretty friendly and snazzy! If there is anything I can help with, don't hesitate to holler or /poke Wink

I am sure other housing areas have it going on - but I will give a personal plug to Ward 3 of the Goblet. Full of fantastic RP groups with housing there and you can usually find some rp walking around Smile

I just might check that out! It sounds like fun. :3

RE: New to the server~! - Faye - 04-24-2014

More Lynx people! I'm sad you're on Gilgamesh, but welcome all the same! Big Grin

I'm actually a little curious. Does Balmung have a larger RP community than Gilgamesh? Are they similar in size? I was looking at the RP mentor section, and most of them are from Balmung, so it got me wondering.

I'm still super new to the FFXIV RP scene, and my character's only level 15 on one class so, I'd be willing to start over on balmung if the community is going to be bigger and more active. So if someone could let me know, I'd appreciate it. :3

On the other hand, I've yet to really find anyone in Gilgamesh that RPs at all, at least out in the open, so if I can maybe find something there I'd be willing to stay. I suppose it all depends on where I find a good community first.

RE: New to the server~! - Rinh Hallani - 04-25-2014

I haven't played on Gilgamesh but I have heard that Balmung has the bigger community. You could always make a character on Balmung too and see which you prefer?