Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! (/showthread.php?tid=7007)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Cranechild - 04-25-2014

I've been thinking of moving one of my endgame characters into Balmung to enjoy the Role Playing aspect of the game!

I've been contemplating doing some Garlean RPing but I'd like to know if there are any Garlean RP FCs or RPers out there willing to take my character under their wing.

Also, since I'm moving servers it means I can change my character's name to better suit the RP conventions.

So... Any help guys? Smile

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - LandStander - 04-25-2014

While I think you can only change names if you change your server and someone else has the same name. So I think the way to do it would be to create an alt with the name on Balmung before you transfer your character that way it will force a name change. 

As far as a FC or LS goes, I made a Garlean LS awhile back, but its sort of died out. Right now its only a few alts from the FC I am in (including myself) and I think two people main as a Garlean. So if anything there is a small directory of active Garleans Big Grin. 

I am actually playing more on my Garlean character lately as I am trying to bring them back into the mix, so if you can't find anyone else I would be more than happy to take you under my wing or I can make suggestions to you regarding the other Garlean RPers that I know of.

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Cranechild - 04-25-2014

(04-25-2014, 03:08 AM)LandStander Wrote: While I think you can only change names if you change your server and someone else has the same name. So I think the way to do it would be to create an alt with the name on Balmung before you transfer your character that way it will force a name change. 

As far as a FC or LS goes, I made a Garlean LS awhile back, but its sort of died out. Right now its only a few alts from the FC I am in (including myself) and I think two people main as a Garlean. So if anything there is a small directory of active Garleans Big Grin. 

I am actually playing more on my Garlean character lately as I am trying to bring them back into the mix, so if you can't find anyone else I would be more than happy to take you under my wing or I can make suggestions to you regarding the other Garlean RPers that I know of.

Way ahead of you. I already made a character with the exact same name. Smile So I think I should be good. Smile

Really?? Well my character is a blank slate and I could easily mesh him into yours if you have any relatives/story characters that you wanna bring to life (I could be that). Wink

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Faye - 04-25-2014

Hello there! I'm playing a Garlean character, as are some other super great people I've found! We've got a couple different plots going on involving our Imperial characters, and we do have a linkshell for our little group. Smile Let me know if you'd be interested in getting involved, the more the merrier!

(04-25-2014, 03:31 AM)Faye Wrote: Hello there! I'm playing a Garlean character, as are some other super great people I've found! We've got a couple different plots going on involving our Imperial characters, and we do have a linkshell for our little group. Smile Let me know if you'd be interested in getting involved, the more the merrier!

wow! absolutely! and here I thought I wasn't going to get any luck!

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - ArmachiA - 04-25-2014

I roll a Garlean alt with a few people, including Denn above there. Like Denn, I plan on playing her more to get her craziness spread around. Our FC has a lot of people who are playing Garleans and their allies, go ahead and give us a buzz

is there anything I need to know/consider before I make my Garlean character?

I mean like what is considered "okay" or acceptable in terms of RP ranking. I know I can't be a Legatus but what else is fair game?

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Blue - 04-25-2014

Hello and welcome to Balmung. While one of my alts is a Garlean (well, an Ala Mhigan, but he is one of those brainwashed kids from the Garlean invasion of twenty years ago, so he is a strong supporter of Garlemald.), I don't RP on him nearly as much as to offer a stable, continuous presence for your character. However, I was just going to throw a small advice right here.

If you check out the RPC wiki and select Garlemald or Ala Mhigo, along with information of those nations it should also list which characters are listed under that allegiance.

Here's what I found:

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Garlemald

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ala_Mhigo

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Sophia_Grave - 04-25-2014

Yay, more Garleans \o/ We really don't have enough Garleans running about.

I'm in both Faye's and Denn's Garlean LS's, so if you join one (or both!) you're certain to see me around. Give Sophia Grave a holler regardless, Garleans gotta stick together ;D

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Azureus Scipio - 04-25-2014

I'm planning out a Garlean character, but im unsure where to start

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - LandStander - 04-25-2014

(04-25-2014, 03:31 AM)Faye Wrote: Hello there! I'm playing a Garlean character, as are some other super great people I've found! We've got a couple different plots going on involving our Imperial characters, and we do have a linkshell for our little group. Smile Let me know if you'd be interested in getting involved, the more the merrier!

Say what?! There is another Legion roaming around out there? Why have I not been informed! Omg....you are the Grey Crow aren't you?!

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Ashianna - 04-25-2014

I made a Garlean character a couple weeks ago as the protagonist character in my friends story, however I am finding I enjoy playing her quite a bit. I have actually found myself spending more time on her than on Willow lately. I think I may just have to add her to the directory and LS Smile Feel free to look me up in game when you get to Balmung. That goes for others as well, feel free to say hello!

Welcome to Balmung, Cranechild!

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Korinth - 04-25-2014

I play a Garlean deserter post-carteneau, if you count that! Also, I need to post more here.

RE: Looking for Garlean RPers on Balmung! - Faye - 04-25-2014

(04-25-2014, 01:19 PM)LandStander Wrote:

Say what?! There is another Legion roaming around out there? Why have I not been informed! Omg....you are the Grey Crow aren't you?!

We're fairly new! No, I'm not, but I could tell you who is... though that would spoil the surprise, I suppose!

Also if anyone wants in on our linkshell and our schemes, just send me a PM here or a tell in-game!

Wow! thanks so much for the warm welcome!

I do have a few questions before I move into Balmung:

1. What would be a good Garlean story rank to start off as? as I said before I'm not trying to start off as a legatus or anything but i'd like to know what you guys consider "fair game" in terms of supposed power.

2. Do the lovely garleans here follow naming conventions to a tee? or is there wiggle room?

3. does anybody wanna intertwine backstories with me? seeing as I'm starting new I can easily weave myself in that way. Smile