Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung (NA Legacy) on Lockdown - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung (NA Legacy) on Lockdown (/showthread.php?tid=7032)

Balmung (NA Legacy) on Lockdown - Vincent Ackerman - 04-29-2014

When I bought this game I was really really hoping to get in with the roleplaying community, but when I made my character Balmung was on lockdown, and it still is. Does anybody know when it'll be open for new characters? I've heard rumors that it's open on certain times of the day, but I don't really have any solid confirmation on that.

I would really appreciate some help here, I want to get in as soon as possible.

RE: Balmung (NA Legacy) on Lockdown - Ritual - 04-29-2014

Honestly there isn't much you can do except try when it's not peak times for people to be playing, I recreated a character and it took me 3 days to finally get him in, it had to be after the update on Friday I think so no one was on really. 

Honestly as I said there isn't much that I know of that can be done. Sorry about that though it's a bummer really.

RE: Balmung (NA Legacy) on Lockdown - Vincent Ackerman - 04-29-2014

(04-29-2014, 02:35 AM)Ritual Wrote: Honestly there isn't much you can do except try when it's not peak times for people to be playing, I recreated a character and it took me 3 days to finally get him in, it had to be after the update on Friday I think so no one was on really. 

Honestly as I said there isn't much that I know of that can be done. Sorry about that though it's a bummer really.
So do you think I should wait and stay up really late until everyone goes to bed and try to make my character then?

This lockdown isn't a consistent thing? It's only up when the server feels like there are too many people playing at the same time?

RE: Balmung (NA Legacy) on Lockdown - Hyakki - 04-29-2014

I think your best chance would be during the morning, before 9am PST.

At least that was how it was around launch, they would open a small amount of slots each morning.

(04-29-2014, 02:42 AM)Xieveral Wrote: I think your best chance would be during the morning, before 9am PST.

At least that was how it was around launch, they would open a small amount of slots each morning.
I'm awful at waking up in the morning, and I'm on the -5 time zone, which mean PST is 3 hours behind. Do you think I might be able to slip a character in if I stay up all night and stalk the server waiting for a window?

i'm watching Gilgamesh and Sargatanas come up, I think Balmung is next! It's working!

May as well close this thread, I joined Gilgamesh

RE: Balmung (NA Legacy) on Lockdown - Kellach Woods - 05-25-2014

May as well keep it open for more info.

From my observations (I've created 6 characters on Balmung with two of them rerolls and I started playing... last week), the realm is open to creations approximately one block out of 5.

4:00 am / 8:00 am / 1:00 pm / 6:00 pm / 11:00 pm (All times in PDT)

The only blocks I've seen Balmung open are in bold. There may be possibilities that the realm will be open, on weekdays on the 11:00 pm block but someone would need to check that.

RE: Balmung (NA Legacy) on Lockdown - Zoetrooper - 05-25-2014

There's always us cool peeps on Gilgamesh. ^_^

RE: Balmung (NA Legacy) on Lockdown - Zope - 05-25-2014

The most common times to get in are between 12PM-6AM. However, I've remade and made characters both recently and around launch at what are commonly known as 'lockdown times'. 

My main, Ava, for instance, I remember making on either a Mon-Wed around 2PM in the afternoon. 

However, I stress to people who are maybe trying to make the character and then giving up and trying again the next day- Try around 12PM-6AM. Don't give up. If you must, get to the screen where you choose the server and tab out. Watch a movie, read articles, whatever. And refresh the list every 3 minutes or so to see if it updates. 

Some people claim the servers go out of lockdown only on the times listed on the website. I strongly believe this is a false notion. I think they simply update the list at those times, but the server fluctuates. My reasoning for this is while making a farming alt last week, I sat staring at the screen from about 9PM (7PDT) until 3AM. (1AM PDT) and the server opened for about 30 mins. I made that character and one more, and then on the third it was locked again.