Hydaelyn Role-Players
Roses for the Gods [OOC Welcome] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Roses for the Gods [OOC Welcome] (/showthread.php?tid=7059)

Roses for the Gods [OOC Welcome] - Paradox Reality - 05-01-2014

(This will basically be a character blog--Rosalie describing her experiences, adventures, and the people she meets as she tries to finish her own personal quest. With luck, folks'll be interested!)

A Rose for the Gods
Rosalie Mondeux
In which I describe mine journey, and seeketh Thirteen Roses for the Thirteen Gods

On the first sun of the third astral moon, I arrive'd in fair Gridania, Oschon be praised. But a mere four day walk from Oschon's Rest, I first noticed the forests here whisper differently than in mine reticent home. These trees speak of excitement and adventure, of powerful deeds and valiant sacrifices. Far different from the trees whom served as the silent guardians that I knew and loved.

I wouldst impress upon thee, fair reader, of the many who wander afar on Gridania's ancient paths. Of all races and creeds are they, Lalafell and Hyur, Miqo'te and Roegadyn. Even the afeared Duskwright, with which mine papa and mamma described as mistrustful villains in their dark caves, wander the land. 

Mine dear cousins of the Wood, fair Elezen, offer kind words and advice. Yet I cannot merely obtain the first rose from them. I travel in Oschon's name, and thus would adventure and labor to find a green rose--a rare yet perfect gift to offer to dearest Nophica the Matron.

RE: Roses for the Gods [OOC Welcome] - Paradox Reality - 05-01-2014

I hath noticed an interesting change from mine homeland, apart from the many races. In Oschon's Rest, I knew of but one family of hyur, and a single female miqo'te. She referred to her kindred as reticent and often rare, yet I have seen a great deal many in my short time in Gridania. 

I hath also seen events are not quite so simple as they were in Oschon's Rest. Just two bells ago, I met an injured miqo'te, under a hunt from her very own blood son. Though I helped her seek treatment, I believe blessed Oschon held a hand in guiding mineself to her. I look forward to aiding her in the future.

In mine travels, I wouldst thank friend Camille, as well as friends Blue and Eudalie, for offering mineself guidance in mine quest. Perhaps in the future, I wouldst ask mine new friends their input in this journal. For now, mine quest must continue.

RE: Roses for the Gods [OOC Welcome] - Paradox Reality - 05-03-2014

It hath been a scarce two suns since mine arrival in Gridania, and already events are quite exciting. Little does the city sleep; even in the dead of night, as I drag mineself exhausted to mine tent in the Central Shroud, resounds with cheer, strength, and bravery.

A new little one hath joined me in mine tent, as well--a small pup, found deep within the ageless forest, his mother fallen, likely of a hunters arrow. A brave one, he is--he growled and barked at mine approach, and yet now still tries to wrestle against me with his small body. Methinks the brave one shall need a brave name.

Mine search for the green rose hath gone to nothingness yet. The forests I wander are largely explored, and cleared by the local Gridanians.  there must certainly be lesser-explored paths, yet those that I have witnessed seem fraught with dangers I simply cannot go against yet. Perhaps in time.

Mother Miounne, dear sweet woman she is, hath told mineself that perhaps it is time to venture beyond the borders of the Twelveswood for now. The very thought is exciting... Yet where should I go?...