Hydaelyn Role-Players
Decided I should come back here. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Decided I should come back here. (/showthread.php?tid=7083)

Decided I should come back here. - Boo - 05-04-2014

Hello everybody! I doubt you guys remember me so we might as well start fresh yes?
I did a thread here a long time ago but because I couldn't get myself a subscription to the game (which I can now, thank you youtube money!) and because I didn't have an USB keyboard, which was an incredible hindrance to anything RP related. Playing on ps3 is tough D:.

And thus I finally came back to the game a week ago, decided to create a whole new character that I really, really like!

Anyhow, I now have an all new keyboard, which means I can RP!... That is if I can find RPers (or rp linkshells) on the server I'm on. I'm currently on Odin as I wanted to follow my cousin that just recently got his lv50 dragoon on it, and because EU servers are better for well, EU people. He's also the one that pushed me to come back in the game lol.

As for me, I'm a 18 year old french guy that has played MMOs a long time ago but then stopped to switch to fighting games. I'm currently alternating between FFXIV and the recent JoJo fighting game. I've done only very little RPing before on a forum, which was a total blast, I'm not even sure why I stopped. MMO wise I've played Ragnarok online for about 2-3 years on multiple private servers, then hopped on  many f2p mmos, trying to find one that would make me happy when playing it. In the end I got to FFXIV's beta, which I truly enjoyed and I even bought the game, played during the first free month it was awesome!

I had made my first character on balmung, a characer that I don't enjoy much anymore personality wise (it was basically a power hungry black mage) and I was on the EU rp linkshell, made by Taeh marchand if I remember correctly. Everybody was very, very kind and watching other players RP was so cool.

Alas I couldn't get more than the free month, that is until a week ago. My new character is a female Elezen duskwight that managed to become a scholar just yesterday gameplay wise, so expect heals for errybody Tongue. Her personality rp wise will be whimsical and flirty, as for the RP wise class/job, she'll probably be a beginning arcanist and an alchemist with a bit of experience. 

And that should conclude everything you need to know! I think. See you IG then, or on the forum if nobody's on my server aha!

RE: Decided I should come back here. - Rinh Hallani - 05-04-2014

Welcome back! I can sympathise about RPing on the PS3. My sister plays on PS3 and complained a lot about trying to type and use the controller at the same time haha.

The Europa linkshell is still alive and well, yes, just under new management now as Taeh has stopped playing and I took a break from the game. Really glad you enjoyed your time with us!

There is an RP community on Odin (website for the RP FC here) although I'm not sure how active it is. Some of us from the EU looked into it late last year but it seemed a bit small in comparison to the EU population on Balmung so we stayed put. Either way, I hope you have a great time on Odin and if you ever log onto Balmung, feel free to contact Sastra about joining Europa again.

RE: Decided I should come back here. - Boo - 05-04-2014

Oh Rinh I do remember you, as always you always have good informations. Thanks for the link on the Odin FC, even if it doesn't look very active it's still great to know there are some people there. I'll probably log on Balmung just to finish the main quests from the Uldahn point of view but that's gonna be in a long time :/. I'll still give you people a greeting if I do though. Thanks again!

RE: Decided I should come back here. - Rinh Hallani - 05-04-2014

You're very welcome and good luck on Odin! ^^

RE: Decided I should come back here. - TheLastCandle - 05-04-2014

Welcome back!

So.. fighting games, eh? Play Persona 4 Arena at all?

RE: Decided I should come back here. - Boo - 05-04-2014

Thanks! And yes I did, only a bit though at my local arcade (because of the huge delay it had in europe and I didn't want to import it). A great game and I'm probably gonna get the ultima supra climax hold edition (is that the correct name? lol) if it comes out in europe quickly.

I think I played Yusuke, the guy with the twin dagger.

(Btw I'm gonna make a character on Balmung that will be rp-exclusive I guess, so I won't have to level up my ACN much and will focus on ALC lol)