Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nailah Quill + Alts - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Nailah Quill + Alts (/showthread.php?tid=7099)

Nailah Quill + Alts - Maril - 05-06-2014

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Nailah Quill, Thala'to Relehna, L'nessa Kasah.
  • Primary character: Nailah Quill
  • Linkshells: Europa, Mercwork, Heavy RP OOC. 
  • Primary RP linkshell: (Free Company) KinRP - The Kindred. 

II. RP Style 
    Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

Heavy. Whilst I am not IC all the time, as I do partake in crafting and PvE to some degree and 98% of that wouldn't be something my character actually did, I do dedicate most of my playtime for RP, spread across my main and alt characters. I believe in free-form roleplay, and I do not include numbers & game-mechanics in my roleplay where it can be avoided. 

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

My stance on RP combat is that the person who is challenged is the one who declares the rules on the combat area. Everything has consequence, and as a general standpoint any of my characters will die if their injuries are too great / they can't escape their predicament (That doesn't mean you can just go and shoot them though). I have a reservation on not killing Nailah due to her position. My preferred style of combat is, related to my general preference, free-form combat. I trust other people are able to balance their characters, and I believe that there's no such thing as a fair fight. During such fights, I always ensure plenty of OOC communication to reduce drama that comes from misunderstandings. I believe in not judging other characters strength, as none can know a character as well as the player who plays it. 
    If a fight break the rules on free-form fighting (Such as poweremoting, godemoting, metagaming and what have you) I usually leave the RP, if it makes sense my character will flee the scene, if it doesn't then I'm likely to assume the fight never happened. 

Now, I should point out that Nailah isn't a combat character, and that my other two characters are combat-shy. I have only partaken in a few fights in my entire time here. 

• Views on IC romance:

If romance happens, it happens. One of my characters, Nailah, has commitment-issues and isn't likely to ever settling in a longer-standing romance. My other two characters are pretty easy-going with it. 
    If the romance in any way hints at crossing into the OOC, I'll pull the plug on it, which has happened many times in the past. I firmly separate IC and OOC at this point, both out of principle but also because I am in a relationship OOC. When it comes to bedroom activities, I am open-minded and I prefer to roleplay things through (General thing, I don't like to assume RP) but I tend to go with whatever the other part goes with, and also what time in the situation allows for. And again there is a point where it can become too much, so everything needs to be balanced out with other RP. 

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

I treat family and such as things that can be used for a storyarch down the line. I don't like pre-scripting RP, but I have created "open spots" for people to take up family roles - Common trait for when I do this, is that I really give the person 95% of the freedom. My only specifications thus far has been genetic traits, and age. Eventually some of my own FC members have stepped up to make alts out of the concepts, and those characters stand rightfully as their own characters, to develop in their own way. I find it exciting, that stuff like that is possible. Otherwise, I'm a big fan of story-arch and plots, as long as it isn't railroaded (= With a pre-determined outcome).

• Views on lore:

Whilst I am no expert, like at all - I run to my loregeeks frequently - I do have a very deep respect for the lore. I do not follow the Main Scenario Quest (Unless it's ripple effects are global/very big), and generally speaking I do not like mixing my RP with people who do - not because I think it's inherently bad, but because it makes for a whole lot of confusion when my characters see warriors of light as something you read about in the history books, if you get what I mean? In the same go, I don't like it when people claim to have relation to major lore characters (I consider these characters squeenix'es to RP and we shouldn't decide what they do) and when they claim to have killed certain bosses in a dungeon. With all of my characters, I follow the lore that is given to the best of my ability, and do not carry out things that can be considered world-breaking/changing. I am flexible though, and jumping through the various hoops there is can be good fun - such as playing race/gender combinations with traits that aren't common to that combination. I should note that I do not like seeing the Fantasia being used icly, and I tend to assume people who have used it as being new characters - or otherwise ask them to leave me out of any plot related to it.

If I see a character that is acting way out of lore, my characters are likely to assume they're out of their skull crazy. I seldom ignore people in RP unless they're literally on my blacklist. 

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

/say is always IC and should be used for the spoken language.
    /em is always IC and should be used for emotes primarily, but I am nod adverse to including speech in it. 
    I do not use thoughtemoting, as I don't believe that characters can read minds and I find it just a bit too meta. I'd rather be left guessing using bodylanguage descriptions as clues. 

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: CEST/GMT+2 Copenhagen/Berlin/Paris.
  • Contact info: 
    Enjin Profile: http://theclandestine.enjin.com/profile/401190
    Or PM me on this site Smile 
    I'm quite happy to have a talk, even if it's not about anything in particular. 

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Sastra! - MrPoopyButtHole - 05-06-2014

Welcome to all the fun! Hopefully Pyralis can run into your character sometime while he's drunk.

RE: Sastra! - Gwen - 05-06-2014

Hi Sastra who totally isn't new! 

Thanks for helping back on day one Blush!

RE: Sastra! - Maril - 05-07-2014

(05-06-2014, 07:15 PM)Amyness Wrote: Hi Sastra who totally isn't new! 

Thanks for helping back on day one Blush!

Yeah, finally got a moment to sit down and write this ^^ 

Anytime Smile