Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for Thaumaturges [Balmung] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking for Thaumaturges [Balmung] (/showthread.php?tid=7108)

Looking for Thaumaturges [Balmung] - ansemaru - 05-07-2014

So, not to go into much detail, my character is on the lookout for those knowledgeable and gifted in magic, and specifically, the thaumaturgic sort. As a pseudo-summoner with a very piecemeal and non-standard education in magic, there's a lot of stuff he just does not know about and does not fully understand, and at the moment in his storyline, he's trying to ferret out help with a magical problem beyond his personal level of understanding.

Granted, in this case, he's mostly jumped to the conclusion that a thaumaturge can help. Out of character, I'm not 100% sure who can and cannot deal with the problem at hand, but IC, I'm more or less dedicated to at least trying to find out.

If you're at all interested, I'd love to get a response. I'll be able to go into more detail then, but I don't want to beat around the bush and bore people right now- just want to test the waters.

RE: Looking for Thaumaturges [Balmung] - Nebbs - 05-07-2014

I can't offer you Thaumathigamywotsit insight as Nebbs' magical learning is non-standard too. But I can offer confused interpretations and half baked theories based in alternative approaches. It may not get you where you want to go, but could offer a stop along the way.

So feel free to involve Nebbs, and take what she says and disregard it, use it as hotchpotch magic theory stew, or maybe she is absolutely right and kissing frogs does make Princes.

*Warning* Nebbs is likely to come with a more practical magical practitioner that could talk sense.

RE: Looking for Thaumaturges [Balmung] - ansemaru - 05-07-2014

(05-07-2014, 08:58 AM)Nebbs Wrote: I can't offer you Thaumathigamywotsit insight as Nebbs' magical learning is non-standard too. But I can offer confused interpretations and half baked theories based in alternative approaches. It may not get you where you want to go, but could offer a stop along the way.

So feel free to involve Nebbs, and take what she says and disregard it, use it as hotchpotch magic theory stew, or maybe she is absolutely right and kissing frogs does make Princes.

*Warning* Nebbs is likely to come with a more practical magical practitioner that could talk sense.

Practical and impractical together could perhaps work... perhaps. What Aumeric is trying to find is some kind of method to block or remove aetheric attunement in another person, so I'm not entirely sure if a standard or nonstandard approach is more helpful in this case.

She would have some ideas around doing this with a cooperative subject, sort of reverse alignment of the energy flows in their body.

But for an offensive spell approach, she would not know.

RE: Looking for Thaumaturges [Balmung] - E'lario - 05-07-2014

While E'lario's knowledge is more about the aetheric flows within crystals, he does have formal training as a thaumaturge and might be able to able to help. And if he can't figure it out himself, he can try to throw his research assistant at it who also studied at the Ossuary, though he would probably charge for services.

(05-07-2014, 12:18 PM)E Wrote: While E'lario's knowledge is more about the aetheric flows within crystals, he does have formal training as a thaumaturge and might be able to able to help. And if he can't figure it out himself, he can try to throw his research assistant at it who also studied at the Ossuary, though he would probably charge for services.

Crystals.. now we are talking Smile

RE: Looking for Thaumaturges [Balmung] - Aduu Avagnar - 05-07-2014

Feel free to drop me a line to work things out, I'm the one offering Thaumaturgy lessons at the guild starting this weekend.

Also, blocking aether in another person, please, step into my ex-mage hunters office.....

RE: Looking for Thaumaturges [Balmung] - Cranechild - 05-10-2014

(05-07-2014, 08:27 AM)ansemaru Wrote: So, not to go into much detail, my character is on the lookout for those knowledgeable and gifted in magic, and specifically, the thaumaturgic sort. As a pseudo-summoner with a very piecemeal and non-standard education in magic, there's a lot of stuff he just does not know about and does not fully understand, and at the moment in his storyline, he's trying to ferret out help with a magical problem beyond his personal level of understanding.

Granted, in this case, he's mostly jumped to the conclusion that a thaumaturge can help. Out of character, I'm not 100% sure who can and cannot deal with the problem at hand, but IC, I'm more or less dedicated to at least trying to find out.

If you're at all interested, I'd love to get a response. I'll be able to go into more detail then, but I don't want to beat around the bush and bore people right now- just want to test the waters.

I've got a Thaumaturge willing to be a part of it. Smile