Hydaelyn Role-Players
John Waterstrike's ship log (ooc welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: John Waterstrike's ship log (ooc welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=7183)

John Waterstrike's ship log (ooc welcome) - Star Lin - 05-16-2014

[Image: ffxiv_05162014_205122.jpg]

16th Sun of the 3rd Astral Moon

I'm John Waterstrike of the small Hyur clan Waterstrike.  True, I'm not Hyur but a Miqo'te.  Mama thinks I may have been a Keeper's son, though it never bother me.  I'm name after my Papa, the one who found me and raised me as their own.  I hav...had an older sister, their blood child; Tanya.  She's been gone five years now, since the calamity and I still wish that she was here to guide me, even if it is just with a gentle smile and a hard shove. *a few wet spots appear on the paper*

Baderon was telling me about his time as a mercenary and how ships would keep log journals.  So after retiring to my inn room, I decided to make a log of my adventure here in Limsa Lominsa... and maybe...just maybe writing down these vision will help me to control them.  The headaches and visions started after a strange dream, a female's voice telling me to 'Hear...Feel...Think', and above me a strange star shower in the sky.  I saw a darkness right before I woke up but I'm not sure what it means.

Then I meet a girl...[Image: ffxiv_05162014_201906.jpg]

My Arcanist's master sent me to check out a disturbance in the aether near Summerford Farms.  I'm not sure what I stumble into when I arrived but I was meet by a stone golem.  She appeared near the end of the battle, which I counted as a blessing, since I didn't think me or Kit was going to survive that thing.  It was when she turn to me that the headache happen again and I found myself lost in the strange visions again...

Everything was faded, like the very colors of the world was drain away.  I was standing beside her, walking through different areas of Limsa, and feeling completely lost at what I...we were looking at.  During one of the visions, she looked up at the sky and I did as well.  What I saw froze me in place...

[Image: ffxiv_05162014_202123.jpg]

My mind stuttered at the sight of Dalamund, taunting me as it hung in the sky, reminding me that it would take one of my dearest family members from me.  Yet, why was I seeing it in the sky now when it has been five years since it was brought down onto Eorzean.  I don't think I truly understand what was/is going on.  I know it wasn't long after that vision that I woke up with my head throbbing in pain the woman looking down at me in concern.

She help me to my feet and introduce herself as Y'shtola and I also gave her my name as well.  She had also saw the disturbance in the aetheric flow and came to investigate.  Just before she left, she looked at me as if she knew me...

[Image: ffxiv_05162014_201925.jpg]

She told me to tell Baderon what happen, which I did...kind of...ok, I left out the headache and visions.  But how can I explain that to him...I wouldn't blame him if he called the Yellow Jackets to have me locked away.  By the Twelve, Tanya, I wish you were here.  I know you would have an idea on what is happening to me. *the ink smears as if the quill was held too tight* I'm scare, Tanya... am I losing my mind...

RE: John Waterstrike's ship log (ooc welcome) - Star Lin - 05-20-2014

[Image: ffxiv_05192014_215328.jpg]

19 Sun of the 3rd Astral Moon

If anyone ever happens to read this, I warning you know, don't ever pick up strange glowing crystal.  This little blue crystal has been the prize of a lot of hurting and heartache.  If it wasn't for the fact that She made me promise to keep and protect it, I probably would have thrown it into the ocean...or let Y'shtola deal with it.  After all, she's part of the blame on me getting ahold of this...this...whatever it is.

I should probably start at the beginning on how I can to be in this rock and hard place.  I asked my guildmaster if I could join one of the other guilds, mostly in hopes of working with the fishing guild.  I figure it would be a good task when I just needed some time to myself.  After a moments thought she agree, telling me that they had enough arcanists to cover cargo inspection.

[Image: ffxiv_05192014_214221.jpg]

That's how I came to be near the path that leads to Seasong Grotto which I saw Y'shtola heading too.  Yea, I should have ignore her but I was curious as to what she was doing here.  So, I caught up to her and asked if she needed some help.  She smile and agree, though I pretty sure now that she only did it to humor me.  She was actually out here to check on some aetheric readings that her strange necklace/device had picked up.

The Grotto is a small cave, the middle of the floor was a large stone tablet, and a poem of the sea.  Y'shtola called it the Sailor's requiem, which fit with Limsa sea port/city.

[Image: ffxiv_05192014_215211.jpg]

Well, it seems that the golem that we ended up facing wasn't going to be the end of the trouble that I'm finding myself into.  I can't help but wonder if Tanya had any of these problems when she first started as an adventurer.  This time, it was a Goobbue that they sent after her/me/us.  Not sure if it even the same person that seems to be targeting us.  So, it was fight, dodge, heal, and repeat but we finally killed it.  So, Y'shtola went to examine it and I ended up finding the crystal.

So, stupid me decided to pick it up.  Que major headache and one crazy and heart wrenching vision.

First the crazy...

This huge crystal floated up before me, talking to me, but I was in too much pain to understand what 'she' was saying to me.  Then a spot on the crystal glow and...and...

[Image: ffxiv_05192014_165742.jpg]

*paper becomes wet with tears* Tanya...my sister, with such a determined look on her face.  She told me stuff that I don't understand, taking her place, protect the crystal, find others like me... it doesn't make any sense.

[Image: ffxiv_05192014_220148.jpg]

I only know this much after waking up from that vision.  I'm still no closer to what is going on with me.  Also, after telling Y'shtola about the huge crystal...but nothing else about the vision, makes me think that she might know more then she letting on.  Or I could just be projecting that on her because I need to know what's going on with me.  The more that goes on around me, the less I feel that nothing will ever be normal again

Then...normal has been gone ever since you die, Sister...