Hydaelyn Role-Players
Einrid Hillcrest - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Einrid Hillcrest (/showthread.php?tid=7202)

Einrid Hillcrest - Einrid - 05-19-2014

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Einrid Hillcrest
  • Primary character: Einrid Hillcrest
I'm planning Ein's character in my head as a roving naturalist and adventurer.  He is greatly fascinated by and respectful of the natural world and travels to study and protect it.  I'm open to having him travel Eorzea for both learning and adventure, but Gridania/The Black Shroud will always be his home, so I'd like to find (or start) some RP there.  His main class/job will be CNJ/WHM, with BTN and CRP on the side. 
  • Linkshells: None (yet)
  • Primary RP linkshell: None (yet)

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Light/Medium
I enjoy RPing and spending time IC, but view it as the icing on the cake.  There are times when I'll have specific goals in-game, or can't be on long, where I will play OOC.  However, there are also many times where I'm playing specifically to RP, or do things IC.
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
I've only dabbled in RP combat and injuries very lightly.  I'm all for trying it out, but it seems like it would complicate things if I'm trying to play as a character who ICly is gravely injured.  I think short-term injuries or handicaps are more doable.  I don't currently see myself as interested in the death of a character I'm RPing.
  • Views on IC romance:
Honestly, I've never thought about it or had it come up for myself.  I'm perfectly fine with others having IC relationships.  I think I would avoid an actual romantic relationship.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
Seems fine to me.  I've seen it done before.  It definitely makes RP more interesting when you have to consider others in detail.
  • Views on lore:
I think that if you're going to RP, then you should be following the lore, including character backgrounds, abilities, names, etc.  If there are holes in the established lore, then there is some wiggle room there, but things should still fit in with the context of the game.  In places where lore and game mechanics butt heads, again, there's wiggle room as long as things are explained in a logical manner.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
In terms of IC vs. OOC, I think that any chat function can be used either way as long as it is predetermined and/or rules for exceptions are established, and it is considerate of other players.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone:Central
  • Contact info: Contact me in game.

RE: Einrid Hillcrest - No Longer Exists - 05-20-2014

Welcome to Gilgamesh!

There's lots of fun to be had, though it can be difficult to find RP sometimes so if you'd like help getting involved then we can definitely arrange that. I think Einrid will get along smashingly with Galen (my character). He's settled down quite a bit recently, but he spent a lot of time travelling the world ICly and has a special appreciation for nature as well.

There is an IC linkshell for magic users that hosts events and opportunities for networking among the conjurer/thaumaturge/arcanist community called Phoenix Down that you and your character might enjoy. To find out more about it, click the Linkshells tab up top and take a look!

Hope to see you in game soon!

Cheers!

-Black Hat

RE: Einrid Hillcrest - Einrid - 05-20-2014

Thanks for the reply!  I will definitely look into Phoenix Down; it looks like just the thing to get me into some RP.  Hopefully we'll cross paths ICly and can swap stories and knowledge.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the lore, so it might be good for me/Ein to meet people who can provide some details.