Hydaelyn Role-Players
Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) (/showthread.php?tid=7219)

Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Star Lin - 05-21-2014

So, I finally got Kest the quest "It's Probably Pirates" quest for the Sastasha dungeon.  I would love to get an RP group for that run but time is a little iffy for me and also that I haven't had much of a chance to get her involved in the RP scene of Balmung.  She knows in her head that running without good friends to watch your back is a no no.  Since she doesn't have any idea on what she and whoever goes with her might face.  "You don't go sailing when a storm brewing on the horizon." as her Pa would say.

So, this will probably have to wait until she gains some friends among the other adventures.

RE: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - FreelanceWizard - 05-21-2014

There's lots of great approaches to set this up, even if your character doesn't know a lot of people. Smile Techniques I've used in the past include...
  • Due to a paperwork mixup, the Maelstrom sent only one adventurer (you) to the dungeon. An officer notices it, panics, and asks others to go help out as a favor to them.
  • Someone in the Adventurers' Guild overhears that you're headed that way and puts out a line for some other adventurers to help out/keep you from getting killed.
  • A paperwork mixup results in four different people, including you, all being assigned to investigate the same pirate hideout, and you all arrive at basically the same time.
  • You ask the Adventurers' Guild or the Maelstrom to find some help or more experienced adventurers, and they come back with some names (the other characters).
  • One specific to Mysterium is that you're pretty sure you need some magickal backup, so you send a missive to that guild of mages for assistance (either directly or by way of asking for aid at Mealvaan's Gate).

The trick is to just get some people who want to do the run IC, then come up with a pretext for them to all get together without knowing each other particularly well.

While I don't know if our online times coincide, I'm game for helping out. Smile

RE: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Dogberry - 05-21-2014

I'm always willing to help out a newbie in need! And Dogberry's always taking contracts wherever he can find them. Hit me up in game if you want!

RE: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Serpentine - 05-21-2014

I've always wanted to do an rp dungeon run! But um, my free company Tweleve's Hymn basically does that exact sort of thing ic. They help out adventurers and the like (for a small fee or sometimes out of the kindess of thier hearts) and like Freelance said, they could have been hired to help her out by the Adventurers guild or whichever Grand Company she's in. Meeting somewhere else and becoming friends first would also be fun. u.u 

We could provide at least two people (healer, dps, tank whichever you need) but probably only two max due to finals and the like going on right now.  And we'd be happy to do rp runs of higher up dungeons as well or help level you in general.

RE: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Star Lin - 05-21-2014

(05-21-2014, 12:34 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: There's lots of great approaches to set this up, even if your character doesn't know a lot of people. Smile Techniques I've used in the past include...
  • Due to a paperwork mixup, the Maelstrom sent only one adventurer (you) to the dungeon. An officer notices it, panics, and asks others to go help out as a favor to them.
  • Someone in the Adventurers' Guild overhears that you're headed that way and puts out a line for some other adventurers to help out/keep you from getting killed.
  • A paperwork mixup results in four different people, including you, all being assigned to investigate the same pirate hideout, and you all arrive at basically the same time.
  • You ask the Adventurers' Guild or the Maelstrom to find some help or more experienced adventurers, and they come back with some names (the other characters).
  • One specific to Mysterium is that you're pretty sure you need some magickal backup, so you send a missive to that guild of mages for assistance (either directly or by way of asking for aid at Mealvaan's Gate).

The trick is to just get some people who want to do the run IC, then come up with a pretext for them to all get together without knowing each other particularly well.

While I don't know if our online times coincide, I'm game for helping out. Smile

Thanks for the idea Freelance.  I see a couple that I could probably use for the back story on how they came to be at Sastasha.  A mix up in paperwork having all four showing up and the suggest about the Adventurers guild.  Though thinking about it, the Adventurers' Guild might play better with Kest's background (since she's original from Limsa Lominsa).  Shoot, Baderon might even suggest to Kest about finding some Magical backup.

I won't be able to get on until Friday but that will give me most of the day tomorrow to work on the backstory.  I'll see about posting it in her journal tomorrow night, after I get home from work.  I'll see if I can catch you online either tomorrow night or Friday if your still willing to help.

(05-21-2014, 01:09 PM)Dogberry Wrote: I'm always willing to help out a newbie in need! And Dogberry's always taking contracts wherever he can find them. Hit me up in game if you want!

I'll see if I can catch you Friday.  I should have the back story in my pugilist journal tomorrow evening.

(05-21-2014, 09:56 PM)Serpentine Wrote: I've always wanted to do an rp dungeon run! But um, my free company Tweleve's Hymn basically does that exact sort of thing ic. They help out adventurers and the like (for a small fee or sometimes out of the kindess of thier hearts) and like Freelance said, they could have been hired to help her out by the Adventurers guild or whichever Grand Company she's in. Meeting somewhere else and becoming friends first would also be fun. u.u 

We could provide at least two people (healer, dps, tank whichever you need) but probably only two max due to finals and the like going on right now.  And we'd be happy to do rp runs of higher up dungeons as well or help level you in general.

Thanks for the infor, Serpentine. *scribbles the FC's name down* I might not need them for this run but I'm sure Kest might put in a contract with them for some of the higher dungeons runs.  Shoot, these first meetings might even lead her to other adventurers that could show her the ropes, the start of friendships, maybe even rivalries.  Well, it's late and I have an early shift tomorrow.  Night.

RE: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Siha - 05-22-2014

I have plenty of time on my hands tonight and tomorrow night if you want my help! I have all classes available due to Alts, my main having SCH and SMN available, I also have a couple of tank Alts that I rp on but I'm such a newb tank. ;---;

RE: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Roen - 05-22-2014

I Loooooooove IC dungeons!

If you need one more and see me around, hit me up!

RE: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Serpentine - 05-23-2014

If do need us, just shoot me a message in game or on the forums! But we'd happily meet up and do roleplay outside of the dungeons to make friends and then help with later, higher dungeons.

RE: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Auralily - 05-23-2014

I'm also willing to assist. OOC more flexible though. If OOC I have sch, whm, smn, blm, drg, and brd available. ICly... I can't fully commit. My character I would use is still a work in progress, but I'd like her to be aligned with the Maelstrom (Lieutenant achieved OOC)

RE: Kest's first dungeon (maybe RP it) - Star Lin - 05-23-2014

Ok, sorry for the wait.  Just posted the opening for the IC Dungeon run.  Here's the link.