Hydaelyn Role-Players
Change of the guardian (open/ooc welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Change of the guardian (open/ooc welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=7220)

Change of the guardian (open/ooc welcome) - Star Lin - 05-21-2014

Blue and purple hair flutter in the sea breeze, as the Miqo'te stared at the crystal in the light of day.  What was so important about this crystal that his sister's soul requested it of him?

"The crystal must be protect, John.  I can't fill the role of Guardian but you are my brother.  You have to take my place, to be one of the many lights that will protect our poeple.  But you have to stop fighting with yourself in order to be that light."

John Waterstrike didn't understand what his sister meant by that.  It had to be just one of those crazy vision that he had been having.  He brought his hand back, eyes hard as he ready to throw it into the ocean.  How long he stood there was unknown, trying to force himself to throw it away.  He lower his arm, sinking into a sitting position, and stare sadly at the crystal.

"I can't do it," he muttered to himself.  "I promise Tanya I would protect you."  But he didn't know what he was protecting it from.

RE: Change of the guardian (open/ooc welcome) - Star Lin - 05-29-2014

Two days later found John sitting at an empty table in the Drowning Wench.  The Miqo'te's pack was open half way, taking in the details of the crystal within, and glancing down at the book that he was sketching in.  He closed the pack once the final details had been done to the drawing he had made of it.  He flip the back, quill dipping into the ink bottle as he began to sketch out the circle that had been in his vision.  Once the first part of the circles were laid out, John reach for the first of a stack of books that he had 'borrow' from the Arcanist Guild, and sat the quill on top of the bottle.

Kit was settle on her book, the Carbuncle watching her partner as he flip through several pages of the first book.  Her tail flick around as she watch a frown spread across his face.  A new set of circles was made between the two other set of circles, a star was then added to the center of the drawing.  "A six point star..." John mutter, drawing in the triangles in the center of it.

The book was place down before picking up the next one.  John draws a small crystal in the Northwest circle.  A search in the second book, then turning his attention to drawing the symbol for water just above it.  "So if this is for water," he then drew a symbol for fire and added a question mark beside it.  "A Guarding symbol?"

It probably was but something wasn't sitting right with him.  "The elements work but the symbol doesn't."  He pick up the third book, flipping over into the middle of it, and showing the five point design to Kit.  "That's a guard symbol..." and flip back a few pages, pointing to a slightly different symbol to what he had draw in the book.  "That's a summoning symbol...."  Yet why use element crystal, used normally in guard spell, in a summon spell.

As he try to make sense of this puzzle, he probably should have chosen a different spot to work on it, with the attention that he was most likely drawing from any of nearby people in the Drowning Wench.