Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? (/showthread.php?tid=7243)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - KitKat - 05-24-2014

(05-24-2014, 08:25 PM)Edgar Wrote: The new standing poses for the Miqo'te look great.
Let's just pray using them is more convenient than typing /cpose multiple fucking times in a row.

I just dragged the emote from the list to my hot bar. That's easy.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - synaesthetic - 05-24-2014

Meaningful solo and small-group content would be nice. Dealing with the fucking PF between raid nights is a serious fun killer.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - CrimsonMars - 05-24-2014

As someone who's main character is a tomboy, I'm not too trilled on the female miqo'tes' either. :/

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - ArmachiA - 05-25-2014

You Miqote do have a few tomboy options already in the game though, I think Hyur females who are tomboys are very much screwed.

(Luckily, my girl is extremely girly)

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Sini'to Shadar - 05-25-2014

As a manquote, i approve of the new sitting poses! yay.

Just the first standing pose is too tense, like he's jumping at you any moment, but well, i dont have to use it. I can fianlly sit "normaly" on the ground! Yay!

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Lady Rivienne - 05-25-2014

I am looking forward to the new poses, I already like the /cpose for the female Elezen when she sits, so this is going to be a new treat as well. 

Really, anything that can make roleplay a bit more fun is always welcomed, not going to nitpick much about this one.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - TheLastCandle - 05-25-2014

(05-25-2014, 10:39 AM)Lady Rivienne Wrote: I am looking forward to the new poses, I already like the /cpose for the female Elezen when she sits, so this is going to be a new treat as well. 

Really, anything that can make roleplay a bit more fun is always welcomed, not going to nitpick much about this one.

Malezen's seated /cpose is much the same. I like the one shown there, leaning forward, a bit better.

(05-24-2014, 08:53 PM)TheCurls Wrote:
(05-24-2014, 08:25 PM)Edgar Wrote: The new standing poses for the Miqo'te look great.
Let's just pray using them is more convenient than typing /cpose multiple fucking times in a row.

I just dragged the emote from the list to my hot bar. That's easy.

Yes, there is that, but you still have to cycle through the different /cposes to get to what you want, and it looks a bit weird. It's a small complaint, perhaps, but a /cpose1 and /cpose2 command would've been preferable, IMO.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Auralily - 05-25-2014

I love variations to such simple things as sitting and standing. But as mentioned, I do hope there is a system of cpose1/2/etc. Typing it once then hitting space up (or down, I forget) arrow to bring up the last entry isn't a big deal. Or hot barring it. Still, looks goofy when you're spazzing out on your chair trying to look appropriate. Everyone understands, but my inner perfectionist rails at the thought.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Zhavi - 05-27-2014

Yeeees, finally a way for Zhi to sit on the ground that will actually be decent for her! Every time rp has required /sit on the ground I just have to sorta. . .pretend.

And hands on hips standing will work nicely for her. Big Grin

More options = love, imo. Even if I can't use them for my character, I'm sure someone else can. With as many personalities as there are, there's no way any single update can have something that is of perfect use for every character.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - FreelanceWizard - 05-27-2014

(05-25-2014, 04:36 PM)Auralily Wrote: Still, looks goofy when you're spazzing out on your chair trying to look appropriate. Everyone understands, but my inner perfectionist rails at the thought.

What's really funny is watching a lalafell male switch to standing pose 3. The way they sweep their arms while doing it makes it look like they're windmilling, trying to avoid falling over. Smile

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Kage - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 12:10 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote:
(05-25-2014, 04:36 PM)Auralily Wrote: Still, looks goofy when you're spazzing out on your chair trying to look appropriate. Everyone understands, but my inner perfectionist rails at the thought.

What's really funny is watching a lalafell male switch to standing pose 3. The way they sweep their arms while doing it makes it look like they're windmilling, trying to avoid falling over. Smile
I really wish it could be a choice of which changed pose. I experience this exact thing >_>

Mind you I also don't like standing pose 3 cause it looks entirely... so... I'm not sure.. petulant?

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Auralily - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 12:10 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote:

That's adorable. xD I'd love to see that. I should try it on my lala, though she's not a he.

RE: 2.28 Patch, new poses. Thoughts and opinions? - Boo - 05-28-2014

The new sitting pose for female elezen oh my god it looks great and is perfect for my character! I can't say the same for the other pose, maybe the new kneeling pose can work for when she has to apologize for messing up often xD Tongue.