Hydaelyn Role-Players
Guild Sheild identification - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Guild Sheild identification (/showthread.php?tid=729)

Pages: 1 2

Guild Sheild identification - Hayden - 09-25-2010

Just a suggestion. Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a thread with Guild names and sheild pattern icons for general information.

I would love to acknowledge people from the other RPC shell's but I haven't the foggiest who you are when I pass you.

Perpahs a Guild Identification thread?

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Asyria - 09-25-2010

Are those crests even unique?

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Noelle - 09-25-2010

Nope!

I saw two (or three) people talking. Two were from one LS, one was from a different one.
But both shields were Identicle.
They had to ask if they were members of the same LS.

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Magnus - 09-25-2010

There are 58 patterns I believe for the crest, then you can select the two color scheme.

So of course there will be redundancy but in general they should be identifiable with your LS.

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Asyria - 09-25-2010

Noëlle Wrote:Nope!

I saw two (or three) people talking. Two were from one LS, one was from a different one.

That kinda sucks. o_O

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Noelle - 09-25-2010

Asyria Wrote:
Noëlle Wrote:Nope!

That kinda sucks. o_O

Yeah, prettymuch.
I was kind've dissapointed that even 3 days into early release and there was a guild with the same shield.
Not only that, but they had to ask each otehr to make sure they weren't from the same one.

Imagine what it'll be like a couple of months down the line.

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Hayden - 09-26-2010

Ok time to direct this thread back on topic

DO you think it would be a GOOD idea if we created a thread here to IDENTIFY various RP linkshells by their sheild pattern?

Just a thought.

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Kashemia - 09-26-2010

Yeah, I think it's a good idea. It could also help at least the RP linkshells chosing a different shield, so that there shouldn't be double. Of course, that's not to say that you can't chose a shield that someone already have, just that you might prefer not to Tongue

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Akashi - 09-26-2010

I think it would be Smile at least that way we'd have a vague idea.

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Kurb - 09-26-2010

Yes it's a good idea

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Asytra - 09-26-2010

I'm not a fan of this idea.

Seeing how limited the choices are it is more than likely there will be doubles, especially as the game progresses and new linkshells are formed.

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Magnus - 09-26-2010

This should be fairly easy to add to the directory. As long as the new LS does submit the image.

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Asyria - 09-26-2010

Azreiel Wrote:Ok time to direct this thread back on topic

DO you think it would be a GOOD idea if we created a thread here to IDENTIFY various RP linkshells by their sheild pattern?

Just a thought.

That "derail" (it was really not a derail, it was a question and its answer that are kinda needed to give an educated answer to your question) of the thread tellsto me that it is not in fact a good idea, since the possibility identical crests in different linkshells makes it unreliable.

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Zason - 09-26-2010

Hehheh. It was on topic because the topic was about LS crests. The initial question was a poll more or less. And it is a good enough idea, however it may be cumbersome to manage. If you have many LS doing this, there will no doubt be those who change there crests, especially it there are clones. >:+) It is also a good idea to see who uses what and not use it if you want to.

Also, there could be a couple of LS who are "on the same team" in their RP who may want to use the same LS to show this with having the same crest.

I claim the purple shield with a pink kitten on it for "Pink Fluffy Kittens of DOOM!" Who's joining? >:+P

Re: Guild Sheild identification - Coralie - 09-26-2010

Despite there being redundancies my two cents would still be it's a great idea and here's why:

1. As already stated it might allow others to make a choice not taken OR to choose a crest of their allies to show they are an allied ls within their RP theme.

2. Even if five ls's have the same crest when you see that shield rather than just go 'who are those folks' you can say 'oh that's either ls-A, ls-B, or ls-C' and say hi.

3. Organization never hurts anything. People can have the same names (IE. John Smith) and yet we still file all the documentation for them at various jobs and services. Once we have one person with that name you don't say 'nope let's just throw this man's file out and pretend he's that guy or shove all their info into one folder.'

The only negative is it might be a pain in the butt to update regularly, but it seems like a fairly important thing to get done. Wink