Hydaelyn Role-Players
Um, hello... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Um, hello... (/showthread.php?tid=7291)

Pages: 1 2

Um, hello... - Senah Bajihri - 06-02-2014

Um, hi. *waves shyly* My typical online alias is Alicia Jewel, but I suppose I'll be going by Senah Bajihri since that's my main character's name. I'm new to FFXIV, but I'm not new to roleplaying or MMOs. One of my friends, who I know as Wolf, directed me here, but I'm not sure what his username is. (He also says he's not much for forums, though.)

I've been roleplaying for at least ten years now on various forums, chat rooms, and games. I also recently started dabbling in tabletop RPing, mostly with Pathfinder. The MMOs I've played are:
  • Final Fantasy XI: Played if for maybe two months before I decided I hated it. I never got the chance to roleplay on it, sadly.
  • World of Warcraft: Joined during Wrath and played until the end of Cata. I had a serious case of altitis and joined more RP groups than was healthy on at least three different servers.
  • Guild Wars 2: Played between June and August of last year. The only reason I quit was because of school--I'm thinking of picking it up again because it is one of the best MMOs I've ever played. The RP community was pretty good, too.
  • Forsaken World: Played for a couple of months a few years ago and joined what was probably the only RP group in the entire game.
  • A host of other random games I've forgotten. I know I RPed in a couple of them, but I ended up quitting most of them due to lack of RP.
I currently have two characters in FFXIV, both on Balmung. The first is Senah Bajihri, a shy, bookish Keeper who is totally not based on my personality at all. She's currently studying at the Arcanists' Guild in Limsa Lominsa and spends most of her time either reading or doing field work for the Guild. The second is Fabebe Fabe, a Plainsfolk Gladiator with, for lack of a better term, an attitude. I'm not 100% sure on her backstory yet, but her tentative story is that she was born in Limsa Lominsa and wants to become a Yellowjacket, so she traveled to Ul'dah to train in The Coliseum.

I guess you could call me a medium to heavy roleplayer. I joined FFXIV to roleplay, and that's what I plan to spend a good chunk of my time doing, but sometimes I either have RP block or just want to put my brain down and whack things with a sword until they die.

I'm currently a major no-lifer since it's summer, but I'm about to enter my final semester of college. I'm a creative writing major and have been writing since I was nine years old, and it's what I love to do more than anything. Other than that, I like playing video games (RPGs and visual novels are my favorites), watching a bit of anime, and listening to music, mostly video game soundtracks.

As you've probably guessed, I'm super-shy, especially when it comes to meeting and RPing with new people, but if you ever see one of my characters in-game and want to RP, feel free! I'm generally IC when I'm walking and OOC when I'm running, but if you're not sure, feel free to send me a whisper.

RE: Um, hello... - Yandih - 06-02-2014

Welcome to RPC. I look forward to seeing you around Limsa and maybe we could rp sometime though due to my trade me actually staying in the city for an extended period isn't likely.

RE: Um, hello... - Rinette - 06-03-2014

Welcome to the RPC! There's no need to be shy around here no one will bite you (unless you ask then I'm sure someone would)!

I would love to get Rinette and Senah together some time, Rinette hardly leaves the Shroud but I do have a few go-to reasons to get her out and about in the other areas. Feel free to contact me in game to set up some RP or just to chat.

RE: Um, hello... - Tiergan - 06-03-2014

Welcome to the community. o/ Hope you enjoy it here.

RE: Um, hello... - Senah Bajihri - 06-03-2014

Thanks, everyone. ^_^ Rinette, I'll be sure to send you a poke when I get the chance, and I hope to see the rest of you guys in-game sometime.

RE: Um, hello... - Hiroshu - 06-10-2014

Hi Senah! My natural inclination is to be shy too, and actually, I noticed you and a few others mentioned the same in their welcome messages, so I was inspired to start this thread:

My Shy Guide to Role Playing

I like your character ideas! Just off the top of my head, it might be neat to bump into a fellow gladiator in Ul'dah who's from Limsa Lominsa (especially one with an attitude, my character jives with that really well), which could then give my character the notion to venture out to the other cities (since that's inevitable), and then he could have someone just as interesting to bump into when he eventually gets there.

In any case, welcome to the game/forums, and I look forward to bumping into you in-world! Big Grin

RE: Um, hello... - Senah Bajihri - 06-11-2014

Thanks for starting (and linking) that guide. ^_^

I'm so glad that somebody wants to RP with Fabebe! I love Senah, but poor Fabebe has just been sitting on my character screen for a while 'cause nobody's expressed any interest in RPing with her.

Thank you for your welcome. Hope to see you in-game sometime!

RE: Um, hello... - Zhavi - 06-12-2014

Oh, oh goodness! If your character becomes a yellowjacket I MUST RP WITH YOU. I've been playing criminals in Limsa, and one thing I'd love to see is some law-enforcers who mess up Zhi's plans and get in her way and stuff. Lots of stuff. But, um, yeah! Welcome to the RPC! Hopefully I'll run into you sometime. Big Grin

RE: Um, hello... - Hiroshu - 06-12-2014

(06-11-2014, 04:39 PM)Senah Bajihri Wrote: Thanks for starting (and linking) that guide. ^_^

I'm so glad that somebody wants to RP with Fabebe! I love Senah, but poor Fabebe has just been sitting on my character screen for a while 'cause nobody's expressed any interest in RPing with her.

You're welcome!

By all means, add me/send me a tell whenever you're on and we'll start something up. The little taste of Limsa I've had so far has convinced me Hiro is likely going to end up spending a lot of time there, and us both being gladiators definitely serves as an easy starting point for a run-in and introductions.

(06-12-2014, 03:39 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Oh, oh goodness!  If your character becomes a yellowjacket I MUST RP WITH YOU.  I've been playing criminals in Limsa, and one thing I'd love to see is some law-enforcers who mess up Zhi's plans and get in her way and stuff.  Lots of stuff.  But, um, yeah!  Welcome to the RPC!  Hopefully I'll run into you sometime.  Big Grin

Great ideas! Hiro is starting to take on a bit of a pirate vibe, so I'll have to keep an eye out for some local riff-raff to fall in with. Cool

RE: Um, hello... - Senah Bajihri - 06-12-2014

(06-12-2014, 03:39 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Oh, oh goodness!  If your character becomes a yellowjacket I MUST RP WITH YOU.  I've been playing criminals in Limsa, and one thing I'd love to see is some law-enforcers who mess up Zhi's plans and get in her way and stuff.  Lots of stuff.  But, um, yeah!  Welcome to the RPC!  Hopefully I'll run into you sometime.  Big Grin
*squee* >w< I'd love to do that! ... When Fabebe eventually gets to leave Ul'dah. I don't suppose you happen to know of any Yellowjacket FCs or anything, do you?

(06-12-2014, 05:22 PM)Hiroshu Wrote:
(06-11-2014, 04:39 PM)Senah Bajihri Wrote: Thanks for starting (and linking) that guide. ^_^

You're welcome!

By all means, add me/send me a tell whenever you're on and we'll start something up. The little taste of Limsa I've had so far has convinced me Hiro is likely going to end up spending a lot of time there, and us both being gladiators definitely serves as an easy starting point for a run-in and introductions.

Great ideas! Hiro is starting to take on a bit of a pirate vibe, so I'll have to keep an eye out for some local riff-raff to fall in with. Cool
Like I said above, Fabebe will probably be stuck in Ul'dah for a little while, but once I get her to Limsa, I'll gladly arrange a meeting!

But if he falls in with the "local riff-raff," Fabebe will gladly kick his butt. >:3

RE: Um, hello... - Faye - 06-13-2014

Hello, welcome! Big Grin It's good to have you here! Feel free to say hello if you see me around, IC or OOC!

RE: Um, hello... - Zhavi - 06-13-2014

(06-12-2014, 11:56 PM)Senah Bajihri Wrote:
*squee* >w< I'd love to do that! ... When Fabebe eventually gets to leave Ul'dah. I don't suppose you happen to know of any Yellowjacket FCs or anything, do you?

Sadly I have not seen or heard of any characters playing as yellowjackets, but I also don't have tabs on everyone playing in Limsa. It's a possibility there's a few scattered here and there, but there's definitely not a solid presence as with the sultansworn in Ul'dah, more's the pity.

RE: Um, hello... - Hiroshu - 06-13-2014

(06-12-2014, 11:56 PM)Senah Bajihri Wrote: But if he falls in with the "local riff-raff," Fabebe will gladly kick his butt. >:3

Hey, if they get along and then that develops, that sounds like good ol' dramatic conflict to me, and the more the merrier. Big Grin

RE: Um, hello... - Senah Bajihri - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 01:21 AM)Faye Wrote: Hello, welcome! Big Grin It's good to have you here! Feel free to say hello if you see me around, IC or OOC!
Thank you. ^_^ I certainly shall. Just don't be surprised if I immediately run and hide under the nearest table.

(06-13-2014, 01:31 AM)Zhavi Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 11:56 PM)Senah Bajihri Wrote:

Sadly I have not seen or heard of any characters playing as yellowjackets, but I also don't have tabs on everyone playing in Limsa.  It's a possibility there's a few scattered here and there, but there's definitely not a solid presence as with the sultansworn in Ul'dah, more's the pity.
(Still have not figured out how to make these quote blocks smaller. @_@)

That is a shame. Sad Maybe I'll try my hand at uniting some of the Yellowjacket roleplayers one of these days.

(06-13-2014, 03:32 AM)Hiroshu Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 11:56 PM)Senah Bajihri Wrote: But if he falls in with the "local riff-raff," Fabebe will gladly kick his butt. >:3

Hey, if they get along and then that develops, that sounds like good ol' dramatic conflict to me, and the more the merrier. Big Grin
I think I might love you a little.

RE: Um, hello... - Zhavi - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 01:31 AM)Zhavi Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 11:56 PM)Senah Bajihri Wrote: Sadly I have not seen or heard of any characters playing as yellowjackets, but I also don't have tabs on everyone playing in Limsa.  It's a possibility there's a few scattered here and there, but there's definitely not a solid presence as with the sultansworn in Ul'dah, more's the pity.
(Still have not figured out how to make these quote blocks smaller. @_@)

That is a shame. Sad Maybe I'll try my hand at uniting some of the Yellowjacket roleplayers one of these days.

(you gotta manually remove the different responses you no longer want and take out the appropriate number of quote=name bits at the top)

Ooh, if you need any help, let me know. I would love the extra conflict PC yellowjackets would provide. Smile