Hydaelyn Role-Players
Free Paladin LS? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Free Paladin LS? (/showthread.php?tid=7300)

Pages: 1 2 3

Free Paladin LS? - Warren Castille - 06-03-2014

I was thinking about the influx of Free Paladins Ul'dah would have seen recently and realized that there's a ton of folks in the RPC that should all sort of know each other, but I've never met. Would anybody be interested in a sort of police-dispatch-style IC shell? Has anyone already made one? Doesn't need to be a full FC or anything but I've always liked the idea of PC paladins being effectively freelance police.

Would any paladins out there want to join one? Or is this idea super cheesy?

RE: Free Paladin LS? - Melodia - 06-03-2014

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I mean there a lot of random Paladins running about and while I was one, I'm not really in Ul'dah ICly much anymore. But I know some folks who might really jump at the idea. Thumbsup

RE: Free Paladin LS? - Coatleque - 06-03-2014

I'd be interested in this. Coatleque usually stands around the city in armor, IC-ly on duty. She's not so much a free paladin though, as a member of the royal guard. So, the Sultana's interests come first!

RE: Free Paladin LS? - Warren Castille - 06-03-2014

(06-03-2014, 11:28 AM)Coatleque Wrote: I'd be interested in this.  Coatleque usually stands around the city in armor, IC-ly on duty.  She's not so much a free paladin though, as a member of the royal guard.  So, the Sultana's interests come first!
That's part of what I was considering, too. The game makes it clear that Free Paladins are for all intents and purposes Sultansworn, but there is a difference between the PC role and the job title as it existed before you complete the job quest.

It would make sense for there to be SOME communication, though. You don't just lash people with a title and a degree of station then send them out into the world without having some way to keep tabs on them. I know when the Royal Ball was being planned I'd considered that there must have been some way to get people in the loop, but my impressions from the story were that we're only "real" Sultansworn in the loosest sense.

I'm babbling. I'll probably make it when I get home from work unless someone beats me to it and toss pearls to anyone interested.

[sub]really I just want the power to call in a swarm of guards when people fight in the Quicksand[/sub]

(06-03-2014, 11:35 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: [sub]really I just want the power to call in a swarm of guards when people fight in the Quicksand[/sub]

That would be awesome. From my experience though, most nights are fairly dull.
And I mean that from an on-duty guard's perspective!

(06-03-2014, 11:40 AM)Coatleque Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 11:35 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: [sub]really I just want the power to call in a swarm of guards when people fight in the Quicksand[/sub]

That would be awesome.  From my experience though, most nights are fairly dull.
And I mean that from an on-duty guard's perspective!
I hear you. I haunt the Quicksand mostly and it's typically pretty quiet. Still! I want to try and foster a bit of camaraderie for those of us in the role. We're all working for ostensibly the same thing, plus it'd give folks a pool of loose contacts just in case they ever needed someone.

RE: Free Paladin LS? - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-03-2014

There is an IC linkshell called "The Immortal Flames" which is for all flavours of Ul'dah military and law enforcement. So Free Paladins/Sultansworn/Immortal Flames/Brass Blades. I can throw you an invite the next time you're on, though it's been a little quiet since Erik left.

RE: Free Paladin LS? - Melodia - 06-03-2014

(06-03-2014, 11:47 AM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: There is an IC linkshell called "The Immortal Flames" which is for all flavours of Ul'dah military and law enforcement. So Free Paladins/Sultansworn/Immortal Flames/Brass Blades. I can throw you an invite the next time you're on, though it's been a little quiet since Erik left.
Warren get on the LS and be the new Erik....or be Warren....or....uhmm.....you know what I mean! Laugh

(06-03-2014, 11:47 AM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: There is an IC linkshell called "The Immortal Flames" which is for all flavours of Ul'dah military and law enforcement. So Free Paladins/Sultansworn/Immortal Flames/Brass Blades. I can throw you an invite the next time you're on, though it's been a little quiet since Erik left.
Ah, I figured there was one floating around. I'd appreciate a pearl when we're next online at the same time.

(06-03-2014, 11:50 AM)Rurutani Wrote:
Warren get on the LS and be the new Erik....or be Warren....or....uhmm.....you know what I mean! Laugh
Every group of protecty people needs a huge guy in armor.

RE: Free Paladin LS? - Kage - 06-03-2014

Aya's also used the Friends of Momodi aka Quicksand Appreciation Society LS to call people since Natalie, Kage and a few others are in it.

Just in case no one from the Flames, Blades, or 'Sworn aren't in Quicksand when something starts.

... not that Kage can barge into places in the Sultansworn armor anymore. If a Lalafell can even barge.

(06-03-2014, 11:58 AM)ExKage Wrote: ... not that Kage can barge into places in the Sultansworn armor anymore. If a Lalafell can even barge.
I'm positive there's a doggie-door equivalent. Perhaps there's a kitchen or something somewhere you could menace into.

[sub]kiddingilubyou[/sub]

Toss me a pearl as well please. I'm not a big guy in armor, but I'm a tall-ish woman. And I've been called 'brooding'.

RE: Free Paladin LS? - Roen - 06-03-2014

(06-03-2014, 11:35 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 11:28 AM)Coatleque Wrote: I'd be interested in this.  Coatleque usually stands around the city in armor, IC-ly on duty.  She's not so much a free paladin though, as a member of the royal guard.  So, the Sultana's interests come first!
That's part of what I was considering, too. The game makes it clear that Free Paladins are for all intents and purposes Sultansworn, but there is a difference between the PC role and the job title as it existed before you complete the job quest.
It has been awhile since I went through the Paladin quest... but I believe there is a clear distinction between Free Paladins and Sultansworn. Being trained by Jenlyns does not automatically induct you into the ranks of the Sultansworn. He says so in one of his dialogues I believe.

Sultansworns swear their fealty to the Sultana, whereas Free Paladins are free to roam all the lands, serving all the people of the realm.

The Immortal Flames as an LS was set up for the law enforcement entities that exist in Ul'Dah. Erik was discussing this with me when he was setting it up with the leaders of the Yataghans (one of the Immortal Flame divisions). It was meant for those who serve as Sultansworns, Immortal Flame, and Brass Blades. Those who initially received pearls had official IC affiliations with either of these three organizations, but I don't see why Free Paladins trained under Jenlyns with loyalties to Ul'Dah would not receive one either if they too want to serve.

I just wanted to throw that clarification in there.

RE: Free Paladin LS? - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-03-2014

(06-03-2014, 12:22 PM)Brynn Wrote: Stuff.

Free Paladin is a title and a set of skills, Sultansworn is that, plus a paycheck and a 401K.

That Elevator isn't going to guard itself.