Hydaelyn Role-Players
Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 (/showthread.php?tid=7312)

Pages: 1 2

Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Pouncival - 06-04-2014

Hullo there! I was playing XIV:ARR fairly regularly until a while ago, when certain events prevented me from being as active as I'd like. In the intervening time, most linkshell and Free Company associates have all left my former world and such. I'm looking to get back into playing, and my roommate suggested I join on Balmung and play with all of you.

Until I upgrade my computer I won't be able to do serious stuff endgame stuff anyway, but I made the decision to make a new character for Balmung anyhow. My current character concept is a cat, perhaps from the world of Crystal Chronicles, VIII, or XIII, who became Miqo'te upon quite accidentally tumbling across the divide between worlds. His name will be Pouncival, and he will most likely be Lancer/Dragoon for the main class. I'm interested in all classes/jobs and will secondary anything that is needed.

Cactuar

Nice to meet you~ :3 If you wanna talk or help me extrapolate on my initial character concept feel free to say hi. I'm a bit behind on a lot of stuff, so... Yeah. Blush

RE: Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Zac Evans - 06-04-2014

Poooooooooouncyyyyyyyyyy! You're finally here!! EVERYONE, I KNOW THIS CATMAN! He's pretty fun to rp with.

PRAISE HIM!
[Image: QeD6gvF.jpg]
CONSIDER HIS LOVE AN HONOR!

RE: Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Melkire - 06-04-2014

Dear Dragoons, please teach this cat how to Elusive Jump into landslides.

Welcome to FFXIV, RPC, and (presumably) Balmung!

Pouncy, that's Osric, the pretty pretty princess with an iron jaw and fists. He's pretty cool! But he always offers to buy me clothes.... Tongue

RE: Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Dogberry - 06-04-2014

Hiii! Welcome to the game! I hope you have fun. You know Zac, so that's a great start. Force him to show you around. Make him run dungeons with you. Make him be your chauffeur. And say hi to people every chance you get! Before you know it you'll have your own circle of friends! Then you can kick Zac to the curb, steal his friends, make his family like you more than him, and then start dressing like him until you've ultimately stolen his entire life.

That's what I call "endgame".

RE: Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Pouncival - 06-04-2014

ZAC.

ZAAAAAAAAAAC.

ZAaAACACAZDSSAOFHBOEBHGV 
[Image: UHjcad7.jpg]

@Melkire: Ahhh. Zac tells me that this is a move that lets you attack while avoiding AoEs, or something? And Landslide is... one of Titan's moves, yes? But thank you, I shall definitely have to learn techniques like that.

Thanks! Yep, I was on another server before this. I'm very much looking forward to getting back into it but... Currently CC is locked out for Balmung. Sad

@Dogberry: *Plotting hands*
Tonberry
Definitely looking forward to getting to know people and whatnot.

That is Doge-berry. He's a PRICK!!! Bomb Kidding! He's an interesting LS mate of mine, I haven't gotten to rp with him yet, but I don't think the Skies have anyone I don't like!

RE: Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Vash - 06-04-2014

Hiya! Welcome to the RPC and balmung! Hope ya have fun! If you need anything when you join feel free to shoot me a tell or w/e I do a lot of nothing now a days, right now as I'm typing this I'm waiting on fates for Atma! Frustrated Lol So welcome and have fun! (Also what dog said hue hue hue)

[Image: 0P0nKug.gif]

Also if you need some concept for your character this could help aswell~

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2688

(06-04-2014, 07:56 PM)Vash Wrote: Hiya! Welcome to the RPC and balmung! Hope ya have fun! If you need anything when you join feel free to shoot me a tell or w/e I do a lot of nothing now a days, right now as I'm typing this I'm waiting on fates for Atma! Frustrated Lol So welcome and have fun! (Also what dog said hue hue hue)

[Image: 0P0nKug.gif]

Also if you need some concept for your character this could help aswell~

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2688
Bahahaha, this is actually pretty close to what I tend to do when I make a character. But thank you, I'll use it for sure. :3 I'm just in the process of considering what I refer to as my Dramatic Hook. I've roleplayed only ordinary characters in my MMO career so far, so this time I want to strike out with something a little bolder, like I'd use in a tabletop game or my personal writing.

And thank you! I'll make sure to say hi whenever I happen to get to make my character. Waiting on a lockout to be lifted is so frustrating. Sad

RE: Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Siha - 06-04-2014

Hi there Pouncival! Welcome to the RPC and Balmung (when you get here!), I'm sooooo sorry you have to put up with Zac, you do such a great service being his friend, we should all really get medals for it. Angel

That being said, I'm Siha! Whenever you do get in game feel free to always send me a tell or grab me for RP when you see me, I'm usually up for it and I just love meeting new people. Besides your character concept sounds really neat and I'd love to get to see it firsthand, I'm sure you'll find your dramatic hook, sometimes it takes actually RPing out some just bland meeting stuff to know it. Done that before, haha.

Oh and the lockout thing, your best bet is to try really early/late. The only time I can say for certain is that on weekdays I know at about 9-10 AM pst or before Character Creation is usually open for a limited time but it's there!

/sigh 
That's Si-si....My employer, and BLATANT. PAIN. IN. MY. ASS!

I don't know why everyone's being so mean to me....

/sobsobsob

Right? And I LIVE with him, so I think I should get the keys to the kingdom.

Thanks~ :3 I will make sure to do as as soon as I can get in game. I have today and tomorrow off, and don't work till PM (PDT) on Friday sooooo. I hope to get started as early as tonight! I know the new patch is coming tomorrow, hopefully it won't take too long. As for the CC lockout times... do you know how it translates to PDT? Because of my work schedule I am generally up till 3-4AM, so I am really hoping I can get into that window.

Heh, yeah. It's gonna be a fun character~ I'll be sure to RP with you when he's all ready and whatnot.

@Zac: Moogle

RE: Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Siha - 06-04-2014

(06-04-2014, 08:38 PM)Zac Evans Wrote:
/sigh 
That's Si-si....My employer, and BLATANT. PAIN. IN. MY. ASS!

I don't know why everyone's being so mean to me....

/sobsobsob

*Blows Zac a kiss* You know you love it and us. ;D

@Pouncival

You're about two hours behind me so it'd be about 8 am BUT I think they open it back up at 4 am your time as well so I'd check then before you went to bed! You can always find when character creation is open by checking this post: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

RE: Soon to be joining... Please come say hi. :3 - Aerostein - 06-04-2014

Welcome, or rather Welcome Back? ;v
Lol enjoy your stay!

@Aerostein: Thanks! Big Grin

@Siha: Awesome, thank you! For now, I'm just trying to figure out who my character will already know... I've settled on being from the XIII trilogy setting and some vague information pre-Eorzea. I'm just not sure if I want to roleplay from Pouncival's arrival on Hydaelyn or have him already be semi-established.

Guess I need to make some friends here first and see if he'd fit in with any groups.