Hydaelyn Role-Players
Who would be your character's voice actor? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Who would be your character's voice actor? (/showthread.php?tid=7373)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Who would be your character's voice actor? - TheLastCandle - 06-14-2014

I began thinking a little about this after a conversation with a friend where we mused over who her character's voice actor would be. And it got me thinking about it for my own characters. For the most part, Square Enix gave us an extremely diverse range of voice options for all races. However, as roleplayers we are creatures of imagination, and there is rarely a 100% perfect match for any given character. I know I can't be alone in this, and I was surprised that I couldn't find a thread for it, so let's have one! With a catch...

Besides yourself, pick a voice actor fitting the character(s) of the person posting before you. If you haven't interacted with them before, no problem! Just base it off of their character's appearance, or how they're described in their Wiki entry, or just.. what you hear in your head when they post. It doesn't matter, as it's only in part an RP exercise; it's mostly just for fun. I'll start with my two fellas:

Yvelont Navarre - Rutger Hauer (though, these days, he is getting quite up there in age)

In large part because I had just finished watching this for the umpteenth time when I created the character. The last name is no coincidence, either. Tongue

Kendha'to Burwani - Tomokazu Sugita

...Myep.

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Elyscia - 06-14-2014

[EDITS BECAUSE I FEEL STUPIDO OMG] ONE MOMENT; I'm at work and got excited and posted all wrong I'm sorry senapi q____q ily (ignore this post)

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Pumpkinweed - 06-14-2014

(06-14-2014, 01:52 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: I began thinking a little about this after a conversation with a friend where we mused over who her character's voice actor would be. And it got me thinking about it for my own characters. For the most part, Square Enix gave us an extremely diverse range of voice options for all races. However, as roleplayers we are creatures of imagination, and there is rarely a 100% perfect match for any given character. I know I can't be alone in this, and I was surprised that I couldn't find a thread for it, so let's have one! With a catch...

Besides yourself, pick a voice actor fitting the character(s) of the person posting before you. If you haven't interacted with them before, no problem! Just base it off of their character's appearance, or how they're described in their Wiki entry, or just.. what you hear in your head when they post. It doesn't matter, as it's only in part an RP exercise; it's mostly just for fun. I'll start with my two fellas:

Yvelont Navarre - Rutger Hauer (though, these days, he is getting quite up there in age)

In large part because I had just finished watching this for the umpteenth time when I created the character. The last name is no coincidence, either. Tongue

Kendha'to Burwani - Tomokazu Sugita

...Myep.

Because you mentioned Navarre from Ladyhawke, I am giving you +1 to reputation.

I would say, interestingly enough... that Gus Pumpkinweed would sound like:

Philippe "The Mouse" Gaston

Though perhaps more broken and rube like given the way he speaks. Matthew Broderick is awesome.

However I am interested in hearing what people think he would sound like? I'd imagine that despite what I chose, people will have varying opinions; someone once said they imagine Gus sounding like James Earl Jones. *shrugs*

[youtube]a72FDTElH9g[/youtube]

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Aya - 06-14-2014

I'm actually kind of curious who other people would think Aya's voice sounds like.. I haven't really thought about it myself, though to get her accent right you'd need a French speaker, and I do not know many French actresses..

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - S'imba - 06-14-2014

I think mine should be pretty obvious Matthew Broderick.

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Dresden Voltaire - 06-14-2014

For Dresden? Steve Valentine. British accent and all.

[youtube]6ZAD4RyndIw[/youtube]

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Pumpkinweed - 06-14-2014

(06-14-2014, 02:12 PM)Aya Wrote: I'm actually kind of curious who other people would think Aya's voice sounds like.. I haven't really thought about it myself, though to get her accent right you'd need a French speaker, and I do not know many French actresses..

Marion Cotillard

[youtube]Blwh5oG-HdE[/youtube]

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - C'kayah Polaali - 06-14-2014

(06-14-2014, 02:12 PM)Aya Wrote: I'm actually kind of curious who other people would think Aya's voice sounds like.. I haven't really thought about it myself, though to get her accent right you'd need a French speaker, and I do not know many French actresses..
Why, Anne Parillaud, of course!
[youtube]64la0fbwJpU[/youtube]

But perhaps that's because I've always pictured C'kayah as voiced by Jean Reno...
[youtube]QhvPt_SvbY4[/youtube]

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Clover - 06-14-2014

Ohh, I love this topic!! I actually have seiyuus added to my character's wikis. I tend to take a long time finding any suitable seiyuu for my characters, but I had it crystal clear in FFXIV:

Sakamoto Maaya for Clover, hands down. I can't find any character she has voiced who might speak exactly like my character, but I know Maaya's "normal girl" ring is perfect for her.
I only have this song that might suit Clover.
[youtube]SesuV9VirnA[/youtube]

Tamura Yukari for K'mih. Her adorable voice is just so perfect and can sound very innocent. Here's a compilation roles; I guess K'mih would be most similar to Nanoha (4:43) (?).
[youtube]j01tgHmG__c[/youtube]

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Vali - 06-14-2014

For Vali, Laura Bailey

http://youtu.be/OvyvQfn30uE

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - TheLastCandle - 06-14-2014

(06-14-2014, 03:59 PM)Valirelia Ferox Wrote: For Vali, Laura Bailey

http://youtu.be/OvyvQfn30uE

Poignant!

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Melkire - 06-14-2014

Osric stop that. Osric pls. Osric why.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5C8IuThoWuU

"For Ul'dah, Jameson?"

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Elyscia - 06-14-2014

Should've kept me original post.

Amy MacDonald, if she spoke with more slang. But otherwise <3

[youtube]SEEmi0wEtoY[/youtube]

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - Aya - 06-14-2014

(06-14-2014, 04:38 PM)Elyscia Wrote: Should've kept me original post.

Amy MacDonald, if she spoke with more slang. But otherwise <3
Love it!

RE: Who would be your character's voice actor? - TheLastCandle - 06-14-2014

Because Mylene asked for it.. Hibito Yarato, AKA the Artist Formerly Known As Yvelala.